Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
I'm starting to see the trends in who Tomlin and Colbert are targeting early. Hood, Mendenhall, Timmons: they are all explosive, excellent athletes, coachable with no quit at all.

I'm not sure how well Hood is going to translate to our scheme but I said the same thing when we drafted Timmons.

Great players transcend scheme.
yeah i agree whole heartedly

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Glad to see the Steelers pick Ziggy in the first round, good luck to him in the future!

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys who I think we should consider with our thirds:

Rashad Johnson - High football IQ and a natural leader, can be molded into a good compliment to Polamalu.

Duke Robinson - Arguably the best run-blocking guard in the draft, Duke would be an upgrade over Stapleton. Taking him in the third would be great value for a guy who was thought to be the best at his position.

Jamon Meredith - Guy is a good O-Line guy who actually has some versatility, as he's played both tackle and guard in college.

Jarron Gilbert - Yes, we already took Hood, but an athletic DE in this round would give us the pair we need for the next years. He's got a lot of upside, but wouldn't make as close an immediate impact as Ziggy will.

D.J. Moore - A good cornerback, although a bit short. He's probably the best player left at his position though, and we definitely need another CB if Townsend leaves.

Lawrence Sidbury JR. - This is a guy I'd love to get. He ran a 4.64 40, which is pretty good for a DE, and he's a good pass-rusher. Plus, he's got a lot of potential. He'd switch to OLB for us.

Michael Johnson - The guy is a physical freak and some believe he could be succesful as a 3-4 OLB. He's got great athleticism, speed, and agility, and could be molded into a great situational pass-rusher.

Louis Murphy - A 6'3 guy who runs a 4.43, Murphy could compete with Limas for the #3 spot. He can also take the hits in traffic.

Ramses Barden - The guy is 6'6 and is a red-zone nightmare for defenses. The guy is a great jumper who could work in short yardage situations.

Victor Harris - One of the most physical corners in the draft, he is supposedly a better fit for a zone scheme.

Jasper Brinkley - A 3-4 ILB who is a thumper, he'd be an ideal companion to Timmons in the future.

A.Q. Shipley - Could be taken late in the third to ensure we get the center that I think the team secretly coveted all along.

Scott McKillop - Another 3-4 ILB who could complement Timmons well. He's a tough guy and a hard worker, plus great football knowledge.

Coye Francis - Another good CB, he's got good speed, although he doesn't seem a Steeler type player. He would, however, be a good pickup late in the 3rd.

Mike Thomas - A WR who runs very fast and would be an ideal replacement for Nate Washington.

Derrick Williams - Similar to Thomas, but a bit taller.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, guess who Lindy's Draft Magazine compared Evander "Ziggy" Hood to?

Our very own Aaron Smith. Guess that is a good sign.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys will love Ziggy Hood, he is one of my favorite prospects in this draft. I knew he was going to see that 1st round...I am truly jealous, even though I crossed him off of my want list long ago because, it wasn't realistic for Dallas in their pick range. haha.

As for tomorrow, just stay away from Rashad Johnson and Jarron Gilbert and we shouldnt have a problem.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-26-2009 at 04:11 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiWgAZf0v4

Ziggy Hood highlights...at the end, he whips Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt, they look like amateurs.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I don't remember where, but somewhere around the Steelers boards someone said that normally the guys we pick are invited to our facilities for a workout. This has been the second year in a row (maybe third) that the first round pick was not invited to the facilities, but simply had a short talk during the combine. Last year was the same with Mendenhall, we just talked to him at the combine. I think we should start looking more at who they talk to in the combine, as we give little importance to that. I remember Hood and Don Carey were the first players we talked to at the combine. Who knows, maybe we'll draft him too.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give this draft a B+ because we resigned our heart and soul on the football team to a cap friendly deal, and we got a very good football player in Ziggy Hood. I cannot wait to see him Gettin Ziggy Wit It.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because I'm posting this it probly won't happen but I would take

Robinson

Gilbert

and Micheal Johnson

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Because I'm posting this it probly won't happen but I would take

Robinson

Gilbert

and Micheal Johnson
Steelers won't be drafting any players we want. Write it down. All 3 of those could be there for all our 3rd round picks and the Steelers won't take them.
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt View Post
Steelers won't be drafting any players we want. Write it down. All 3 of those could be there for all our 3rd round picks and the Steelers won't take them.
Well two out of three are gone I won't name anyone else

The bengals draft is either going to be an epic success or an epic fail

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we will go after aq shipley, meredith, and mike thomas

Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about Rashad Johnson?
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

maybe rashad, but i hear we're high on mundy

Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OK I'll take him
Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

urbik, very versatile, durable, solid selection

Old 04-26-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

damnit, we missed out on kevin barnes

Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

THav916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Love the Urbik selection. We needed TRENCHES badly, so many people on here wanted skill positions. Steelers went DL 1st, OL 2nd. I'm loving it. And a Wisconsin guard like Urbik should be able to compete right away with Stapleton.
THav916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urbik is a pure beast...he'll chew your face off.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

next 2 picks are gonna be either CB/OT/WR

Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Urbik as our starting RG from Day 1. Solid, solid selection.

Rashad Johnson next pick? I sure hope so.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urbik was one of the guys I listed that I wanted so I really like the pick.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

THats what im hoping for if NE doesn't get him
Old 04-26-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

pats dipping into the questionable pool

Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

btw,we signed kewain ratliff?