Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-25-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Oher!!!

I love this pick. His interview made me like it more. Good value. He's a hard worker and should start at RT from day 1 for a long time.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tis is an epic win pick for us. i love it. OL is always the way to go when there's a need, and we only gave up a 5th to move up.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaither and Oher. Potentially the best Tackle tandem for the next 10 years!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, posted my thread at the same time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

This is the steal of the draft... Detroit will regret not selecting him when they had the chance... would have loved Pettigrew or Maclin or Maualuga but I am ecstatic about this guy !!!!!!!!!!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IM LOVING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oher-Yanda-Birk-Grubbs-Gaither

GREAT PICK OHER WILL BE A STUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I'm so excited right now. Our o-lne will be great in the near future. I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT.

question marks-
Still need a WR
What did we give up to get Oher?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gave up a 5th rounder...here is what I said in the other thread

I am so excited about this pick. I have stated all throughout this process that I thought Oher would be the best OT in this entire class. I am a huge fan of his. 4 Year starter, and didnt allow a sack his entire junior/senior seasons. I think he is an absolute STEAL at 23 and Im glad we moved up to grab him. He was definitely BPA, and he is one of my fave prospects in this entire draft. Great job by the FO on this one.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only lost a 5th. I could see us letting Oher learn for a year behind Anderson. He has the best RT of the generation to show him the ins and outs.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
only lost a 5th. I could see us letting Oher learn for a year behind Anderson. He has the best RT of the generation to show him the ins and outs.
I really think Oher will end up at LT. He is much more suited to it then Gaither IMO, and even though Gaither did well last night, keep in mind, Oher has 4 years of experience playing there, and didnt give up a sack in 2 straight seasons. He is a natural LT and I think it would be a mistake not to take advantage of his talent and experience.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I think it's a fantastic pickup. He might even become the eventual LT if the Ravens ever wanted to let go of Gaither(and seeing he's a RFA next season, it's possible). The value, however, is phenomenal. It made way too much sense as well, with the top 4 wideouts gone and Ozzie confident at the depth at corner, unless he trades for someone. Gooden better be developing on schedule.

Well here's to hoping Malaluga (unlikely) falls to the late second round.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
IM LOVING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oher-Yanda-Birk-Grubbs-Gaither
Not going to lie, that's pretty disgusting.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gave up 160 something, our 5th. All those teams who moved up 2 spots earlier, Buccs and Eagles, gave up picks in the 190s. Can't complain though. Such good value.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we will see what happens. I would love Malaluga if we trade up for him. But I hope we plan on keeping Gaither
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

If only Jason Brown were still here. God that would be amazing.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Yeah I figured we traded for Maualuga or Oher, but I'm glad we went Oher. I'd love Ray Ray tutoring Rey Rey, but I want to give Tavares Gooden a chance to start.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I think it's almost safe to say we got the last little laugh..especially if Jason Smith doesn't play as well as expected.

Oher's gonna be a great fit, he's an absolute mauler and will do WONDERS for the running game, especially on the outside.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great pick, oher will be a great right tackle for a year or two before eventually swapping spots with gaither, who could be best suited there anyways.

i had oher going 10th in my mock...we may have the best o.l. in the league!
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I really hope we resign Gaither though. Those two could be great bookends for the next 10 years.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya hopefully we keep him. we still got a chance at Boldin because Philly,Tenn have addressed WR needs
Old 04-25-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
With the depth at the center position in the draft and us having a veteran Pro Bowler there .... I am not worried that Jason Brown is not there...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya I love that C from PSU
Old 04-25-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I still can't believe we got Oher, such a good pick. However, does anybody else not feel too pumped about it? I absolutely love this pick and it is one of the best we could have made, but I guess I just can't get too excited about an OL lol.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

High Fives All Around!!! I'm so pumped!!! Perfect Pick.

Having an O-Line like ours is how you win in the AFC North.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OL is not a flashy pick, but getting a top 10 pick at 23... dang... that is good value
plus we just got 2 bookends for the next 10 years

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.