Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Reaction

What are your thoughts so far?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the depth this provides. I think Jason Taylor is a given now.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wtf happened there. Sorry, said I had to wait and I did, then BAM. lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-25-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a headache.

We reached on Chung @ 34- over Rey and Brown!
Brace @ 40- adds depth. Still no OLB or ILB
Butler @ 41- I like for depth again.
OT- I like @ 58 but we still haven't addressed out LB situation.

1st day isn't over yet but all the OLB prospects I liked are gone. I'm frustrated.
S. Crable better be ready to go.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I have a headache.

We reached on Chung @ 34- over Rey and Brown!
Brace @ 40- adds depth. Still no OLB or ILB
Butler @ 41- I like for depth again.
OT- I like @ 58 but we still haven't addressed out LB situation.

1st day isn't over yet but all the OLB prospects I liked are gone. I'm frustrated.
S. Crable better be ready to go.
Chung would've been gone had they waited. I think it was wise to make the pick there.

Brace I Like alot, Wilfork won't stay healthy forever.

Butler, LOVE IT. He will be a huge playmaker.

I question the OT, but, depth was needed.

I think we'll see Beckwith or someone to us in rd 3, and some OLB depth. They must have alot of faith in Crable, and/or getting Taylor.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J. Taylor better be looking up Houses For Sale in the Foxborough area

Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
cdf_2108
Rookie

cdf_2108 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pretty dissapointed...love butler, kinda like chung, but im' bummed we didn't use some of our 3rd rounders to lever up and get sintim/barwin/maualuga....

don't know if taylor is a done deal...

sebastian vollmer was rated as a free agent prospect and we pick him in the 2nd round? wtf?
cdf_2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really like our draft so far outside of vollmer...

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Bradyjackson12
Rookie

Bradyjackson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Signing J. Taylor isn't a given and even if he is signed, he isn't a long term answer, drafting an OLB in the second round considering the depth of this draft class was primordial. I just can't see how they could see Chung as a high 2nd round pick. He is a unidimensional safety that is a liability against the pass.

I have no problem with the Butler's pick considering what we received for trading down even though i preferred Vontae Davis.

However trading up to reach on Brace who's never gonna be more than a backup for Wilfork is just stupid. Now this pick can only make the signing of Wilfork harder.

At this point I thought that things would improve for the last pick but i was actually even more upset by the Vollmer pick. Who is this guy? a potential undrafted free agent who could develop into a starter at RT? What's worse William Beatty was still on the board...

I think we're probably going to see a draft that will look like the big flop of 2007.

We must wait and see what is going to happen because Belichick has proved over the last decade that he is pretty good in the draft but i don't understand why he continues to reach on guy like Matt Slater last year and those guy this year.

What i was hoping for was

33. Darius Butler
41. Connor Barwin
47. William Beatty(i would never have traded with the Raiders)
58. Sean Smith or Jarron Gilbert
Sean Smith to play FS alongside Merriweather, he is not ready yet but he has a lot of potential and Gilbert simply to provide depth on our DL with somebody that could really have an impact.

If the patriots really wanted to get a Harrison type safety, I think a guy like Nic Harris later in the draft would have be a perfect fit. they both have that same sort of swagger.
Bradyjackson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ew. That's really most of what I have to say. Extremely weak. I hope I'm wrong, but I really think some of the moves were outright stupid and we passed up some talent.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Ew. That's really most of what I have to say. Extremely weak. I hope I'm wrong, but I really think some of the moves were outright stupid and we passed up some talent.

Pretty much sums it up

Old 04-26-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Video on Sebastian Vollmer:

http://draftguys.com/index.php/artic..._ot_-_houston/
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wonder what you guys think of grabbing Brace...think that means the pats won't resign Wilfork if they like what they see? Cause it is gonna be hard to afford Wilfork and Seymour.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say I'm really mad you guys got Chung. I love him. I hope you bury him on the depth chart or something.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:49 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No one we drafted will even play much this year, and maybe even next.

They're all back ups.

We just re-signed James Sanders, and now drafted Chung with our first pick.

Brace will be a career back up behind Wilfork.
Butler has potential but will probably be behind Bodden/Hobbs/Springs/Wheatley/Wilhite in his first year. He can return kicks though.

I dont know. I don't HATE it, but I wanted a Linebacker.

We are one injury away from having a D-Grade at LB. Adalius Thomas and Mayo are good. I hope this means Jason Taylor is going to be a Pat. but even then, its not like Taylor or Thomas are young anymore...
Old 04-26-2009, 07:24 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We passed on Rey Maualuga in the SECOND round. I actually really like the Chung pick, but come on. Three years down the line that decision might not look so great. Butler is a really good pick, but Brace confuses the **** out of me. Assuming we sign Wilfork next year(we'll tag him if we can't) he won't be anything more than a backup for us. Nose tackles are always a good find and Brace is a true nose tackle, but we passed up Everette Brown, Clint Sintim, and Connor Barwin for him. Is that really worth it? Who do we have to work with as far as OLB's go right now? The Vollmer pick is the one people are complaining about the most but I actually don't mind it a heck of a lot. He's a really, really good athlete and his upside is through the roof. He's a bit older, but that's going to mean he'll reach his potential a bit quicker. Should start at right tackle for us right away and be a damn good one for five year. Still, this draft really kind of sucks. We got players that fit our system. This much is true. But we also passed up a lot of talent to get some guys that aren't going to start for us for long. I'm disappointed that we dicked around as much as we did this year. Belicheck's trick work when you don't have a defense that's aging rapidly and has problem rushing the passer. Butler and Chung are legit pieces, but passing on a pass rusher or even a linebacker is a major mistake.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Broncos took Ayers at 18 I was happy. When the Lions took Pettigrew I was very happy. When the Vikings took Harvin I was pretty much jumping around. I mean Oher, Maualuga and Brown where still there. Then I understand the first trade and at a push the second. The only thing that can be made of it is obviously Belichick didn't think either Brown or Maualuga where fits in the system

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

sdotcarter33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was truly at a loss for words yesterday and still am this morning. I don't mind Butler and Chung, its more so the players we had passed on. I think Butler could be an above average corner in this league however he will probably be buried on the depth chart this season behind the likes of spring/bodden/hobbs and the guys drafted last year . With that being said i do not question BB's scouting ability, esp. on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know about the rest of you but I myself know nothing about the OT we drafted. If BB wanted a T so bad why not take Oher at 23. I would have loved that pick. start Oher at RT eventually switching him to LT...im tired of seeing Light getting man handled by speed rushers.

Heading in to this draft i think most fans could agree that a LB was one of if not the biggest need for this team. We have not addressed that. God forbid Thomas or Mayo get injured and have to miss a period of time - even if we land jason taylor.

I just don't understand.....lets see what day 2 brings us.

I give the Pats a day 1 grade of C-
Old 04-26-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch. I like the guys we got but question their draft position and really hate the guys we passed on.

Several talented guys went by in the LB core. As mentioned, we seem to be thin at LB. BBand the staff must by very high on Guyton & Crable.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
hannah73
Rookie

hannah73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdotcarter33 View Post
I was truly at a loss for words yesterday and still am this morning. I don't mind Butler and Chung, its more so the players we had passed on. I think Butler could be an above average corner in this league however he will probably be buried on the depth chart this season behind the likes of spring/bodden/hobbs and the guys drafted last year . With that being said i do not question BB's scouting ability, esp. on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know about the rest of you but I myself know nothing about the OT we drafted. If BB wanted a T so bad why not take Oher at 23. I would have loved that pick. start Oher at RT eventually switching him to LT...im tired of seeing Light getting man handled by speed rushers.

Heading in to this draft i think most fans could agree that a LB was one of if not the biggest need for this team. We have not addressed that. God forbid Thomas or Mayo get injured and have to miss a period of time - even if we land jason taylor.

I just don't understand.....lets see what day 2 brings us.

I give the Pats a day 1 grade of C-

They must be very high on Crable, Redd, Woods, TBC. Realistically no rookie could do as well as those guys most likely. Maul. and Oher....both are not known for intelligence. Oher needs a lot of reps to learn the playbook, has a learning disability..not to be mean but that might not fit here.
hannah73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I guess all I can say as far as day 1 is:
I don't mind WHO we drafted- just WHERE we drafted and who we PASSED on
You telling me we couldn't of grabbed that OT in the 3rd? 4th? *shrug*

Old 04-26-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

We're dicking around way too much. We need the talent this year, not depth like others. Can't afford to be doing this. Maybe I'm just not enough of a football god to see the brilliance in passing on talented players that fit our scheme, but I just have a hard time defending trading into next years draft every single year.

All that said, I love the Tate pick. He could be an absolute stud for us if he's healthy. Instant impact player and he'll probably start at the slot for us this year. I suppose by that logic we've landed three starters in this draft, but we could have had even more....

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-26-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I do like the trade of our 3rds for next years 2nds.
Essentially, we traded our 1st for 3 2nds

I don't like us trading E. Hobbs for 2 FIFTH rd picks?
That's the best we could get fom him? Or were we just trying to dump him?
And... I don't see our selections in THIS years draft.
Are they 2 2010 5th rd picks????

Old 04-26-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I do like the trade of our 3rds for next years 2nds.
Essentially, we traded our 1st for 3 2nds

I don't like us trading E. Hobbs for 2 FIFTH rd picks?
That's the best we could get fom him? Or were we just trying to dump him?
And... I don't see our selections in THIS years draft.
Are they 2 2010 5th rd picks????
2 5ths this year that we traded to Baltimore for Ohrnberger

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

We traded E. Hobbs (Starting CB/KR Specialist) for Ohrnberger (OG)--????