Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Paul Kruger?

IDK what to think about this. He's probably going to bulk up and play end in both our 3-4 and 4-3 fronts, but I still don't really like the pick.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the pick. He has a ton of heart with decent measurables. He is versatile and will be a great rotation guy
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's like Jarrett Johnson is now, except maybe even slower. Hustle player, but not 2nd round value IMO. I would have loved Jarron Gilbert or maybe even Lawrence Sidburry. Shawn Nelson would have been great too. When could we take a wideout???
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's gonna be a stud. He's the perfect example of a "raven" Love it.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there wasnt really any WR who would have been worth 57. Nelson or Cook would have been. We could be looking at Ramses Barden in the 3rd.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I just really wanted Jarron Gilbert. I question a lot of the "Raven picks." Davis Hale is an example. I hope Kruger isn't one of these kind of "Ravens picks." 4.87 is a little slow for a 265 pound backer. He put on 30 pounds since high school. If he can do 20 more, he could develop into a 34 weakside end. I hope that happens.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I love the Oher pick, but I wont lie Im not all that high on Kruger. Reminds me far too much of Jarrett Johnson, who I am also not a fan of. I think Gilbert, who could eventually replace Pryce, Sidbury, who has a little more burst off the edge, or even Derrick Williams would of been better picks then Kruger. Also, if I had it my way, we would of moved up for Rey. But still, I cant complain with Oher and Kruger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THe more I watch of Kruger the more I am liking. He doesn't have great physical tools, but he's a beastly pursuit guy. I liken him to a more pass-rushing version of JJ (with a ton of versatility).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah, I love the Oher pick, but I wont lie Im not all that high on Kruger. Reminds me far too much of Jarrett Johnson, who I am also not a fan of. I think Gilbert, who could eventually replace Pryce, Sidbury, who has a little more burst off the edge, or even Derrick Williams would of been better picks then Kruger. Also, if I had it my way, we would of moved up for Rey. But still, I cant complain with Oher and Kruger.
how do you like the Jags draft?

I am just messing.

But I agree I was hoping for Gilbert. But Kruger can develop into a solid rotational guy then maybe into a Trevor Pryce role of being a 3-4 DE and a 4-3 DE as well
Old 04-25-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
how do you like the Jags draft?

I am just messing.

But I agree I was hoping for Gilbert. But Kruger can develop into a solid rotational guy then maybe into a Trevor Pryce role of being a 3-4 DE and a 4-3 DE as well
Thats why Gilbert would be perfect for us. Since we run a hybrid, Gilbert could rotate in at DE in the 3-4 and kick inside to pressure the pocket in a 4-3. I think we should really pursue him tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NICE Pick, play DE oder OLB in a 3-4 Scheme!

LB was a need of us! But more in the Middle :D
So see what's coming on day 2

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:55 AM    (permalink
YUPLAYIN

Great pick by the ravens8)
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

He has been compared to Jared Allen from the Vikings many times.. if he becomes that good.. watch the hell out for our Defense..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:22 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

As for Jarron Gilbert...

he has wonderful measureables.. but that doesn't always equal production.. great for him that he can bench press the entire weightroom and jump out of the pool... there is a corn fed meathead in Iowa that looks like a fat slob that can knock him on his butt without blinking because he is a FOOTBALL player not a workout warrior. Same goes for Michael Johnson.. too much potential for BUST written all over those guys. If they both were so great how come no one else took them? because all the teams are stupid?! and all of us are the smartest front office personnel in the world.. hmmmm I think not..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see him more with the potential to be an Aaron Smith type player, with much better versitality and pass rush ability. Maybe even Aaron Kampman I think we took him with the intention for him to bulk up to 280 and play the 5 techqinue and be Pryce's replacement. Until then, we can be a great pass rusher from the 3-4. I love the pick.