Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Do you like Day 1?
YES!!! 18 66.67%
HELL NO! 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think the addition of a good blocking TE will do more good for this team than any of the tackles available could've. I like it.
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. I don't really love it, but I definitely don't hate it.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher and Maualuga > Pettigrew and Delmas
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think I would've preferred to get maualuga with 33. We do need safety help though. Along with every other position....
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
This, we didnt address Dline or MLB which pissed me the hell off. We have decent safeties in Bullocks and Alexander. We have NO MLB though, and we're still missing 2 starting DTs. Overall i give our draft a C+, we did grab some quality players but we didn't fill needs.
MLB isn't really an important position in the scheme Schwartz uses... It really isn't we could get by with Dizon and do just fine, the Titans did excellent with Tulloch.
Not taking a DT is unfortunate, but 20 was too early foor Hood and at 33 Brace wouldn't have made any sense. I can at least understand this.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oher and Maualuga > Pettigrew and Delmas
No way D. No way.
Enjoy Derrick Williams!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

This will be regarded as a great draft by the Lions if...

1) Matt Stafford is still starting for the Lions four years from now;
2) Rey Maualuga is regarded as a bust four years from now;
3) Michael Oher is regarded as merely average four years from now.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like day 1. Pettigrew will be awesome for Linehan/Stafford to paly with and Delmas is straight up a heat seeking missile.
Day 2 started great with the trade to get more picks but Deandre Levy???? Looks like the will take an athletic, small OLB and turn him into our Mike ... not a fan. Brinkley or Mckillop were better suited or a DT.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked day 1.

Stafford obviously everyone wanted and we desperately needed a potential franchise guy.

Pettigrew, I wasn't happy at first but when thinking about it, his talent is definitely worth that pick, and does a number of things for our team. In line blocking is something we have been greatly missing. Pettigrew is supposedly a great blocker which will help our two tackles. Double teaming Jared Allen with Backus and Pettigrew I really like. Safety valve for Stafford. Trenches are helped and the passing/running game is helped. Assuming he pans out, if he doesn't we'll always wonder what if with Oher and Peria Jerry.

Delmas is a good pick. I know we passed on Rey, but Delmas is multi dimensional help for this team. We stink in the secondary(Dwight Smith,Pearson,Alexander injured) so Delmas puts a pretty studly safety there. Also he's another really good tackler and should help in run support. So much bad tackling from the safety position last year turning decent runs into big gashing runs. So just like Pettigrew is multidimensional help in both pass and run, so is Delmas. For a team that needs tons of help, getting players that help in multiple areas is a good idea. This is more than a one year process. I think everyone knows this but doesn't think about this when analyzing draft picks. And 3 years from now is the true story on these picks.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like picking a Safety for the fact that at least to me I'm seeing other young safeties make an early impact. There is nothing like watching a WR catch a ball to get smoked by a safety or to stop running plays.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

ShoeLB50 needs more cowbell.

Horrible passing on some great players at positions of need but I like Pettigrew and Delmas alot so after the initial shock and polishing off a 30 rack im warming up from being pissed to ok with it so i wont vote.

"God only put one pair of feet like that on a human being."
- Fritz Shurmur, Defensive Coordinator, Green Bay Packers
ShoeLB50 is offline   Reply With Quote