Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who do you want us to get in the 2nd day?

I loved the first day, and I think we can still get some great early contributors tomorrow. Here are the guys I want to see us get.

3a.Duke Robinson/Herman Johnson/Kraig Urbik
Either one of the top guards available, you can't go wrong.

3b.Kevin Barnes/Victor Harris/Keenan Lewis
Just like above, there are some good CB's still on the board, I'd be happy to get any of these three.

6a.Jasper Brinkley
Big ILB, and good in the run game. Looked like a first day pick before getting injured in his college career. Weight and durabilty have been a issue, but the talent is there.

6b.Sammie Lee Hill
Big NT, and a decent pass rusher. Too bad he played div.II ball, but the size and talent is there, just needs to be coached up some more.

7. Captain Munnerlyn

a small but tough corner, will be a good special teamer.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jamon meredith or
michael johnson-he's a bust in first, but now he's a steal.

dj moore, kevin barnes, victor harris, gilbert

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jasper Brinkley wont last until the 6th....he could be the first pick of the third though!!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Jasper Brinkley wont last until the 6th....he could be the first pick of the third though!!
He could but I doubt it. I personally believe he falls into the 4th-5th range.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys I like at 65 or 82 . . . Jarron Gilbert, Scott McKillop, Jamon Meredith, Coye Francis, Jasper Brinkley.

Michael Johnson could be a good pick. I hated the thought of him in round 1 or 2, but he could be a good upside guy in the 3rd.

No one really stands out as an obvious choice at hte top of Day 2. Unlike most years, there aren't any guys we're all surprised to see fall to Day 2.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayhew is clearly going BPA, so it wouldn't surprise me to see us lead off tomorrow with an offensive lineman. And it'd be fine with me really.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Mayhew is clearly going BPA, so it wouldn't surprise me to see us lead off tomorrow with an offensive lineman. And it'd be fine with me really.
Me too, I actually prefer that we go and get the best guard with our first 3rd round pick.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some guys I like at 65 or 82 . . . Jarron Gilbert, Scott McKillop, Jamon Meredith, Coye Francis, Jasper Brinkley.

Michael Johnson could be a good pick. I hated the thought of him in round 1 or 2, but he could be a good upside guy in the 3rd.

No one really stands out as an obvious choice at hte top of Day 2. Unlike most years, there aren't any guys we're all surprised to see fall to Day 2.
Other than Meredith, I like all those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
ESPforMe
Rookie

ESPforMe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to get Gilbert, Johnson and Harris.
ESPforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gotta be defense or an interior lineman.

Column A: Duke Robinson, Herman Johnson, Antoine Caldwell, Kraig Urbik

Column B: Michael Johnson, Scott McKillop, Jason Phillips, Paul Kruger

Column C: Victor Harris, Mike Mickens, Coye Francies, D.J. Moore

I would prefer one from Column A and one from Column B, since we already got a secondary player. But our coaches might want a CB, you can't have too many of those and the Lions have had none at all.

I'm rooting for Antoine Caldwell since I was really in favor of getting a C/G swingman who can play guard and eventually replace the tragically undersized Raiola.

Johnson is the highest upside but the highest flake factor. I'm hoping the Lions coaches see enough in him to grab him, but if they don't I understand.

My first choices would be Johnson and Caldwell but God only knows what we'll do for a MLB then. Hope Larry Foote gets cut I guess. Harris is my first choice of CB's.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
It's gotta be defense or an interior lineman.

Column A: Duke Robinson, Herman Johnson, Antoine Caldwell, Kraig Urbik

Column B: Michael Johnson, Scott McKillop, Jason Phillips, Paul Kruger

Column C: Victor Harris, Mike Mickens, Coye Francies, D.J. Moore

I would prefer one from Column A and one from Column B, since we already got a secondary player. But our coaches might want a CB, you can't have too many of those and the Lions have had none at all.

I'm rooting for Antoine Caldwell since I was really in favor of getting a C/G swingman who can play guard and eventually replace the tragically undersized Raiola.

Johnson is the highest upside but the highest flake factor. I'm hoping the Lions coaches see enough in him to grab him, but if they don't I understand.

My first choices would be Johnson and Caldwell but God only knows what we'll do for a MLB then. Hope Larry Foote gets cut I guess.
Kruger is already gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meredith, Duke, or McKillop.

Like someone said above me, it'd be pretty sick to get the top rated OG as well.
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think Anthony Henry can safely be considered a CB and not a S this year, so I shy away from adding another CB to this group:

Travis Fisher, Phillip Buchanon, Keith Smith, Eric King, Anthony Henry

It's an underwhelming group, but you have to think a couple of them could work well enough allowing us to fix other defensive areas.

We should look at possible Kick Returning corners in the late rounds, however.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
mgoblue
Rookie

mgoblue hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3a. Duke Robinson
3b. DJ Moore/Macho Harris/Michael Johnson
6a. Mike Wallace
6b. Nic Harris
7. Trimane Goddard
Old 04-26-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Anthony Henry can safely be considered a CB and not a S this year, so I shy away from adding another CB to this group:

Travis Fisher, Phillip Buchanon, Keith Smith, Eric King, Anthony Henry

It's an underwhelming group, but you have to think a couple of them could work well enough allowing us to fix other defensive areas.

We should look at possible Kick Returning corners in the late rounds, however.
I want Travis Fisher the hell up out of here. That's why I'd consider another CB.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go CB, I want Coye Francies or Mike Mickens.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LINEMEN.

Offensive. Defensive. Inside. Outside.

We need linemen.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPforMe View Post
I'd like to get Gilbert, Johnson and Harris.
with the first pick in the 3rd round we NEED a freaking linebacker, take Brinkley
then we need a DT, if Gilberts not there i'd like to see Moala. Then we should grab an O-lineman, a CB, and another LB.
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moala is gone.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sidibury's still available as well. But it's prolly gonna be a lineman.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want an OL and a Defensive Player. Duke/Meredith/Urbik and Johnson/Brinkley/Francies/Mickens

I like Mickens quite a bit. Hopefully we pick him up.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I want an OL and a Defensive Player. Duke/Meredith/Urbik and Johnson/Brinkley/Francies/Mickens

I like Mickens quite a bit. Hopefully we pick him up.
Duke and Mickens in round three?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

In the Schwartz we trust.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

Detroit trades down and is now on the clock...

... OLB Deandre Levy?

Really?
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aard View Post
Detroit trades down and is now on the clock...

... OLB Deandre Levy?

Really?

incredible...of course we need a MLB and who do we take? An 11th ranked OLB. Incredible. Just incredible. **** this team, this is the worst draft i've ever seen.
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote