Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we're definately doing aggressive blitzing with our linebackers this year

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DeAndre Levy-

Not a good fit for every team but can excel with a team that is WILLING TO SACRIFICE SIZE FOR SPEED

ARE YOU ****** KIDDING ME??!!?!?!?!?!?!?
Who the hell is running this draft Rod freaking Marinelli??? I thought we were trying to get bigger? THis is such bull****.
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Pick Analysis: The former Badger is an athletic linebacker with good straight-line speed and toughness. He's an above-average blitzer off the edge and flashes the ability to stack lead blockers in the hole. He gives the Lions a developmental linebacker with good special teams potential."

basically julian peterson can rush the qb and they probably have questions about ernie sims getting there through traffic. now we have two blitzers.

2 months ago gunther and schwartz were talking about disguising their defensive front and having 6-8 men on the line of scrimmage like the steelers

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

And at #82, Detroit selects...

...WR Derrick Williams.

:(
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i hate that pick. we already picked up 2 wr in free agency and derrick bombed at bowls with his return skills. plus ignoring the trenches again. first real pick that i completely hate, even though he does have a ton of talent, so he might work out alright in a few years.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aard View Post
And at #82, Detroit selects...

...WR Derrick Williams.

:(
LMAO

ok, thats it, im done with this team. This team is pathetic. We need linemen, and who do we get? A freaking TE, an OLB, a WR. Just sell this pathetic team already. Sell them to someone who knows how to run a franchise. I personally will be hoping for another 0-16 season this year, run this team to the ground. This is pathetic
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
LMAO

ok, thats it, im done with this team. This team is pathetic. We need linemen, and who do we get? A freaking TE, an OLB, a WR. Just sell this pathetic team already. Sell them to someone who knows how to run a franchise. I personally will be hoping for another 0-16 season this year, run this team to the ground. This is pathetic
Calm down, I was saying the same things after the falcons draft last year.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Calm down, I was saying the same things after the falcons draft last year.

we KNOW the Falcons know how to run a football team, they were in the superbowl what 10 years ago? Something the Lions have never done. I have no faith in this team, our main needs are at Dline and Oline. How do you win games? BY HAVING GOOD LINEMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And who do we take? Skill position players. Just like Millen used to do. Give me a gun so i can blow off Mayhews' fat ****** face
Old 04-26-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

we did need a return man, but there are still plenty of guards left on the board. and schwartz can coach up any big DT.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-26-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
we did need a return man, but there are still plenty of guards left on the board. and schwartz can coach up any big DT.
and our middle linebacker is who? a 5'11 225 linebacker from Colorado? Ha, good luck stopping ANYBODY this year. Start the 0-32 chants
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

you can read our posts once in a while, which is why nobody here takes you seriously. mlb isn't emphasized in schwartz's defense. cody spencer can probably man it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-26-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Derrick Williams pick.

The jury is out on Levy for sure, but at least we traded down to get him and got a 4th rounder back.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
you can read our posts once in a while, which is why nobody here takes you seriously. mlb isn't emphasized in schwartz's defense. cody spencer can probably man it.
Maybe thats because Schwartz ran a 3-4 D with the Titans so of course a MLB wasn't important. In a 4-3 its one of the most important positions. A good MLB is KEY to stopping the run. Stop trying to have hope for this team, this is a pathetic draft. We didn't address MLB, o-line, or d-line. The keys to building a winning team. 0-32
Old 04-26-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Maybe thats because Schwartz ran a 3-4 D with the Titans so of course a MLB wasn't important. In a 4-3 its one of the most important positions. A good MLB is KEY to stopping the run. Stop trying to have hope for this team, this is a pathetic draft. We didn't address MLB, o-line, or d-line. The keys to building a winning team. 0-32
your wrong there buddy, schwartz had 3-4 elements, but it was never the base defense. a standard 4-3 with man/zone cover responsibilities for the secondary. It is my belief that the Lions will mix up a lot of their defense this year especially on 3rd downs where you might see ernie sims slide inside on passing downs
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
your wrong there buddy, schwartz had 3-4 elements, but it was never the base defense. a standard 4-3 with man/zone cover responsibilities for the secondary. It is my belief that the Lions will mix up a lot of their defense this year especially on 3rd downs where you might see ernie sims slide inside on passing downs

well thats all lovely, point is we need a MLB and a Dline. Whos going to be our starting DTs? Grady Jackson? the 350 pound 38 year old? Just admit it, another blown draft. If i was to do a mock Lions draft that looked like this:

1. Stafford
1b. Pettigrew
2. Delmas
3. Levy (projected 6th round OLB)
3b. Williams (WR)

you guys would have criticized, and torn me to shreds. This draft is just as bad as our 05 draft. Pathetic. I spit on this organization.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't think Mayhew is aware of our needs?

He's taking BPA. It's a valid strategy when every position is a need.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You don't think Mayhew is aware of our needs?

He's taking BPA. It's a valid strategy when every position is a need.
how is taking Levy the best player available when hes the 11th ranked, 6th round projected OLB. Theres 50 players ranked ahead of him. Quit making excuses for this garbage franchise
Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call BS, best player available ... I think Brinkley or Mckillop were both better LB choices over Levy ... especially to play Mike! Schwartz was talking about a thumper who had some junk in his trunk to stuff the middle and they get an athletic 230 lber! WTF!! This is not BPA ... this is a Lion reach. I loved the trade, I hated the pick. Alex Lewis #2 anyone? Special teamer, not the captian of the defense in the MLB position. Very frustrated ... liked the pick up of a KR in Williams, probably a little high for my liking though. Day 2 not as excited as day 1. Overall targeting a QB a WR and a TE ... not addressing getting bigger up front to stop the run or run the ball really. Not 1 freak'n lineman yet! Arghhh ...
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
how is taking Levy the best player available when hes the 11th ranked, 6th round projected OLB. Theres 50 players ranked ahead of him. Quit making excuses for this garbage franchise
11th ranked by who? Someone that has no say on where people get drafted. Please wait until these players actually play in the league before dooming them.
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyintheD View Post
11th ranked by who? Someone that has no say on where people get drafted. Please wait until these players actually play in the league before dooming them.
he was projected to go in the 6th round by ESPN smart guy. Maybe if the Lions were good sometime in the past 15 years, i would say ok, lets give these guys a chance. But the fact is this, Lions don't draft well, we reach on undersized players who end up never starting a down for us or any team.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I didn't say I liked the pick, but have you ever considered they know something more about the draft then you do?

Holy hell dude. We already know your opinion of this draft. Quit wasting our time.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

considering how little they have revealed about our offensive and defensive schemes, there is little we can do to project what roles these guys will play. and for all we know daniel loper is a legit enough backup across the oline to allow us to wait on depth.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-26-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lolitstombrady reaction to every pick so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4PyjHeLNEY
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

hill, there is our giant run stopper.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

on sammie lee hill's scouting report
''Character : Helped pull a man out of a burning house in August of 2007. Lined up at defensive end in 2008 and willing to play on the inside and/or the outside.''

Prowler's Newb Guide