Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-26-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devy was a really strange pick, no doubt. Someone has seen something in him.

Anyways, I like the Williams pick and I REALLY like Sammie Lee Hill in the fourth. If we can somehow find a way to grab Duke Robinson, this will be an amazing draft imo (Devy notwithstanding)
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the Sammie Lee Hill pick actually, their 2nd good pick of the whole draft. Im still pissed off at the Levy pick. And the Williams pick was just total bull. Alright now we got a big ass DT who can stuff the run, maybe we'll win 1 game this season
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sammie Lee Hill is interesting. Massive athletic DT. He'll develop for a year behind Grady and then take over then.

And I'm not writing off Andre Fluellen. Bulked up with Grady next to him, I don't see it being worse than Redding and Darby,which was just plain awful. Plus we have a better LB over Nece with Peterson and now two Safeties that can actually tackle in Delmas and Bullocks in run support. We still need the Mike but we'll what happens its more than a one year process and next year looks great at D and Oline or theres a Brandon Spikes.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told Mayhew to pick up Hill. ;)
Old 04-26-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

Is anyone else worried about another wide receiver named Williams joining the team?

One nice thing with the pick, though, is that the Lions started the run on wideouts in the third round, instead of following the rush to grab receivers. They certainly got the one they wanted.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aard View Post
Is anyone else worried about another wide receiver named Williams joining the team?

One nice thing with the pick, though, is that the Lions started the run on wideouts in the third round, instead of following the rush to grab receivers. They certainly got the one they wanted.
Im not sure what to think of the Williams pick. I think he'll be an excellent KR, but again, we took him in the 3rd round. We need to be worrying about that awful D-line or O-line more than anything.
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we received Denvers 2010 5th rounder (?), that could be useful. However, I'm confused on:

The RB selection
2 TE's (1 with the 20th pick in deep draft at that position)
No G or elite T early
2 OLB's
No true MLB
A KR with a 3rd round selection

Makes me say hmmmm.....

Sammie Lee Haggar Veder Hill Big Baddy II better eat babies too. Did he come with a XXXXL super hero cape? (lol)

Deandre Levy better be Chris Speilman-esqe b/c Maualuga/Brinkley/Beckwith/McKillop/Ellerbe ALL were higher for our Mike than that Badger.

Mr. Stafford, use you Pettigrew wisely. I hope he is your new best friend, you will need the safety valve.

Delmas go hurt people. You are full of AWESOME!

Follett play with your hair on fire ... kill it on special teams and earn a spot in the rotation in 3 years. Love your disposition, carve me a wood Lion.

Derrick Williams welcome to Devin Hester's NFC north, own it and make it yours kid ... you have the gifted ability to do so with returning kicks. I hope the speed of the game is in slow motion to you ... be the new Mel Gray!
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote