Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-23-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I can't see Wright not starting right away. He's rangier than any of Payne, Steltz and Afalava and is willing to tackle unlike Manning.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually really disappointed now, there were much better guys on the board. **** you Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Couldnt be more disappointed in the Major Wright pick.
Why? He was the best safety on their board and can play FS. Maybe Chad Jones or Bruce Campbell would've been better but I think it was a damn solid pick. Big time hitter with good range and is a playmaker in the secondary. It could've been a lot worse..cough Robert Johnson cough.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I'm actually really disappointed now, there were much better guys on the board. **** you Jerry
Like who? Bruce Campbell? We had a need and addressed it with a talented player. I wish JA would've traded up for Burnett, Speivey, etc but he sat back and drafted the best player at Safety on his board.

Mayock and Kiper both loved the pick so I don't know what everyone is bitching about.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZnLEGJaiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4v-VczrjE

He can definitely play in run support.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Like who? Bruce Campbell? We had a need and addressed it with a talented player. I wish JA would've traded up for Burnett, Speivey, etc but he sat back and drafted the best player at Safety on his board.

Mayock and Kiper both loved the pick so I don't know what everyone is bitching about.
The fact that Oakland passed on Bruce Campbell, THREE times, is enough for me.

I'll take him in the 4th though.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
The fact that Oakland passed on Bruce Campbell, THREE times, is enough for me.

I'll take him in the 4th though.
He's a combine warrior. A lot of physical tools but is still very raw. We don't need any more projects in the 3rd round. We need guys who can step in right away and play. I think Major can step in and play. I'll take him in the 4th though, I agree. Kid has some serious upside.

Btw, for those wanting Chad Jones. I was reading up on him and he seems like another project at Safety. Big time physical tools but has marginal instincts and is extremely raw from what Scott Wright wrote in his profile.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
He's a combine warrior. A lot of physical tools but is still very raw. We don't need any more projects in the 3rd round. We need guys who can step in right away and play. I think Major can step in and play. I'll take him in the 4th though, I agree. Kid has some serious upside.

Btw, for those wanting Chad Jones. I was reading up on him and he seems like another project at Safety. Big time physical tools but has marginal instincts and is extremely raw from what Scott Wright wrote in his profile.
Oakland passes on him three times in a row and drafts a different physical specimen project OT in the 3rd over Campbell.. Scary **** right there.

Jones is raw and his timed numbers aren't as good as Wright's. But I think he's a better athlete. Keep in mind Jones has never focused fully on football full time. He was a hot baseball prospect coming out of HS, probably would have been a 2nd rounder, decided to play both sports at LSU, and won a national championship playing baseball.

I just hope we got this one right. My sanity cannot handle another failed safety draft choice.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? He was the best safety on their board and can play FS. Maybe Chad Jones or Bruce Campbell would've been better but I think it was a damn solid pick. Big time hitter with good range and is a playmaker in the secondary. It could've been a lot worse..cough Robert Johnson cough.
He may be given the FS spot but he's not a good fit. He's an in the box SS. If that's what we want then whatever. There's a reason why GB is a LOT better then us and this is it. They move up for Burnett a 2nd round caliber guy who is good enough to play either FS or SS and we take Wright a 3rd/4th round caliber player who is a pure in the box SS.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
He may be given the FS spot but he's not a good fit. He's an in the box SS. If that's what we want then whatever. There's a reason why GB is a LOT better then us and this is it. They move up for Burnett a 2nd round caliber guy who is good enough to play either FS or SS and we take Wright a 3rd/4th round caliber player who is a pure in the box SS.
I would've preferred Burnett but he was off the board. Jerry's conservative drafting cost him his #1 safety at that slot (from what I've heard). I'm in agreement with you that he's not the best pure FS safety we could've gotten, but he was the best safety on the board. Maybe we'll address FS in the 4th round or pick someone up in F/A. All I know though is that Wright has some potential to be a player for us. Keep in mind that our SS position isn't very strong either.

Wright struggles in man coverage, which is good because we play zone. He has good range and is a playmaker. I like the pick personally and think Jerry did a solid job drafting a good player.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would've preferred Burnett but he was off the board. Jerry's conservative drafting cost him his #1 safety at that slot (from what I've heard). I'm in agreement with you that he's not the best pure FS safety we could've gotten, but he was the best safety on the board. Maybe we'll address FS in the 4th round or pick someone up in F/A. All I know though is that Wright has some potential to be a player for us. Keep in mind that our SS position isn't very strong either.

Wright struggles in man coverage, which is good because we play zone. He has good range and is a playmaker. I like the pick personally and think Jerry did a solid job drafting a good player.
He's definitely not a playmaker. Not going to get a lot of ints in the NFL. He's another borderline starter. It's just a really really disappointing pick.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like many on this board said Wright is an athletic SS. His coverage skills are in great need of help. I know I may get some flack for this but I would have rather had Darrell Stuckey over this guy. Hell..why didn't we take AOA. I thought for sure he would have been the selection. I cannot believe Angelo didn't make a move when Burnett was within sight. Both him Asamoah, and Jerry dropped before his eyes.

Nonetheless I hope he excells here. I hope he becomes a better pro than collegiate player as Mayock stated. I will continually question Angelos lack of ability to draft players for needed positions. Here's hoping for a better 4th round.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He's definitely not a playmaker. Not going to get a lot of ints in the NFL. He's another borderline starter. It's just a really really disappointing pick.
I'm hopefull Jerry gets off his can and realizes Atogwe should be on the radar after this draft. If they want Wright as SS I'm all for it.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

10 picks before our next pick:

Guys I like: In no order...

Everson Griffen - DE - USC
Bruce Campbell - OT - Maryland
Corey Wooten - DE - Northwestern
Ricky Sapp - DE - Clemson
Dominique Franks - CB - Oklahoma
Thadeus Gibson - DE - Ohio State
Donovan Warren - CB - Michigan
Perrish Cox - CB - Oklahoma State
Owusu-Ansah Akwasi - CB - Indiana something..
Reshad Jones - S - Georgia
Selvish Capers - OT - West Virginia
Arthur Jones - DT - Syracuse

Some pretty decent names.. I must say.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
10 picks before our next pick:

Guys I like: In no order...

Everson Griffen - DE - USC
Bruce Campbell - OT - Maryland
Corey Wooten - DE - Northwestern
Ricky Sapp - DE - Clemson
Dominique Franks - CB - Oklahoma
Thadeus Gibson - DE - Ohio State
Donovan Warren - CB - Michigan
Perrish Cox - CB - Oklahoma State
Owusu-Ansah Akwasi - CB - Indiana something..
Reshad Jones - S - Georgia
Selvish Capers - OT - West Virginia
Arthur Jones - DT - Syracuse

Some pretty decent names.. I must say.
We need more depth at SS.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing that Bruce Campbell and Everson Griffen are still on the board, I take back what I said. Wright definitely and hopefully fills a need that we have been needing for a long time.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell and Griffen would definitely be the highest ceiling guys left. Campbell at RT in a year or two would be very nice. Wooten would be nice too but I think he's a little too similar to Idonije and Gilbert in that he's more of a 3-4 5-tech that we'd be trying to work in somewhere.

A lot of decent corners still hanging around. Could go that way too I suppose...I could get behind Cox or Ansah.

Ansah especially might be good because he could play corner or safety. The idea of just overkilling safety this year hoping to find someone capable of playing there effectively might not be so far fetched.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...4098502.column

"It's believed the team was prepared to trade down if one of the four players they had targeted did not fall to them. At the start of the round all four players South Florida cornerback Jerome Murphy, Iowa corner Amari Spievey, Georgia Tech safety Morgan Burnett and Wright were available.

Seven picks later, only Wright was still on the board. If the Bills, Dolphins or Jaguars had chosen Wright, the Bears would have been moving down, or at least trying to."

Spievey went to Detroit and Packers traded up to scoop Burnett so we'll get to see how they all compare up close.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Seeing that Bruce Campbell and Everson Griffen are still on the board, I take back what I said. Wright definitely and hopefully fills a need that we have been needing for a long time.
We are not taking Bruce Campbell, I will put money on it right now. I've read that he is a huge project and needs a lot of work. Although with a 4th round choice I guess it's worth a shot but I highly doubt JA takes him. From his comments, he's going to focus on defense with the next few picks.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We are not taking Bruce Campbell, I will put money on it right now. I've read that he is a huge project and needs a lot of work. Although with a 4th round choice I guess it's worth a shot but I highly doubt JA takes him. From his comments, he's going to focus on defense with the next few picks.
They have one offensive lineman they are targeting along with a couple of secondary players. Mike Mulligan, who completely called the Major Wright pick, added a couple more names as far as safeties.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulli...ully23.article
"By the time the dust settles Saturday, don't be surprised if the Bears have taken as many as three players for the secondary. They'll be thrilled if the haul includes two safeties among a group that includes Wright, Stuckey, Chancellor, Nebraska's Larry Asante, Utah's Robert Johnson and Mississippi's Kendrick Lewis."
Old 04-23-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Burnett would be a fantastic pick in the third.
Tell me about it :D.

I think Wright could be a solid pick too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Jets released Alan Faneca because he was going to make left tackle money this year.

In related news, I jizzed in my pants.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

With my boys off the board, I am satisfied with the Corey Wootton pick.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

wootton pick was solid! Especially when he's healthy. I wanted AOA.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

Isn't Wooten more of a 3-4 DE?