Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Isn't Wooten more of a 3-4 DE?
He works for both from what I heard.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We love our 3-4 5-techs, lol.

Hopefully we get a competent d-line out there in one combination of all these guys or another....
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore...can't say I know much about him but NFL.com says he's a more physical, tackling type of corner.

Sounds like most everything else we have, but whatev. Special teamer this year at worst.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We love to draft players that are "decent" at everything and good at nothing.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now we're: Tillman, Bowman, Jennings, Graham, D.J Moore, and New Moore?

We pick a 5th/6th round CB every year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooton is probably the best pick so far. He is pretty quick off the line for his size. He's definitely not a big time pass rusher.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
So now we're: Tillman, Bowman, Jennings, Graham, D.J Moore, and New Moore?

We pick a 5th/6th round CB every year...
I wouldnt be shocked if this new Moore doesnt make the team. He'll be on IR this season for sure.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wont make the roster. Perrish Cox sure would have though...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Carleton Mitchell would have been a nice addition for the 5th round over Moore who will make the practice squad at best. (sigh) lol
Old 04-24-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well another draft in which Jerry Angelo completely ignores the offensive line. He doesn't get it.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Well another draft in which Jerry Angelo completely ignores the offensive line. He doesn't get it.
We better fvcking sign Faneca if he gets released. This is ridiculous...
Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bears_Fan
Rookie

Bears_Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't get it. I have not been able to do my homework this year, but I don't get it. Why would we draft a QB project? I try not to bash JA and Lovie bc they are doing what I can't, but it does not make sense. No WR and no OL!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wowowowow, a QB? Really? I am furious with this pick. While it is only a 6th round pick, I feel that there were players on the board who could be better for the team aka Tony Washington, Kyle Calloway, Cirion Black, Desmond Briscoe, hell I would have been fine with another DL. But QB? We have a franchise QB, we could have picked up a backup easy or drafted one of the remaining ones in the 7th or UDFA. Jerry Angelo does not know how to build an offensive line.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So JA and Lovie do realize they won't be around to develop LeFevour.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Not taking a WR is no big deal. Unless the team is ready to give up on Iglesias already, it would have been extremely difficult for a late rounder to make the roster.

LeFevour...I was out getting some lunch and I can't say I expected that when I got back.

But think about it this way, it is extremely unlikely that anyone we could have drafted there would have helped us out anyway. Why not take a QB with some upside in case Lovie and JA do get to stick around a little while longer?

It's not as bad as some of you are making it seem. Find me the person available with that pick who would have pushed us to the playoffs.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Pretty terrible draft as far as I'm concerned. We should have moved up a few picks and grabbed Burnett. All it would have taken was our 3rd and 5th rounder. Instead we got a guy pretty similiar to our safeties now and another project CB. The Wooten pick was good value, but our o-line was the biggest problem with this team last year. We have done nothing to address it. I don't think an overpayed 33 year old Alan Faneca is the answer either.

This team is in the state it is in because Lovie, JA, and co. waste draft picks every year.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing we take one of the Texas v. Nation offensive lineman with our pick in the 7th.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 04-24-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

It's not as bad as some of you are making it seem. Find me the person available with that pick who would have pushed us to the playoffs.
A 6th round pick is not going to push us to the playoffs this year, but picking a developmental lineman when it is a position of need is much better than picking a developmental QB backup. We have that in Hanie. Build the line through the draft. It is a concept that JA does not grasp.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
I hope you remember that little debate we had about this exact topic 2yrs ago. This guy Angelo evades drafted lineman like no other. It's not even funny. The line was clearly our biggest need next to free safety. I should have known safety would have been his first selection because he's been drafting it every year. O-Line is his last choice because ...hell who am I kidding...who knows. lol My bet is he selects a token lineman in the 7th and makes a move for old ass Faneca.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

You know guys...I'm just going to take this years draft on the chin because when its all said and done my confidence in this staff being here next year will be slim to none.

I hope these selections prove me wrong because the only person I can clearly say was a worthy selection would be Wootton and just "maybe" Major Wright. Then again I'm just some bear fan voicing his anger on a web forum. My opinion means nothing. lol
Old 04-24-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I hope you remember that little debate we had about this exact topic 2yrs ago. This guy Angelo evades drafted lineman like no other. It's not even funny. The line was clearly our biggest need next to free safety. I should have known safety would have been his first selection because he's been drafting it every year. O-Line is his last choice because ...hell who am I kidding...who knows. lol My bet is he selects a token lineman in the 7th and makes a move for old ass Faneca.
I think it was 3 years ago wasn't it. 2 years ago we drafted Chris Williams. I guess I thought this year that Martz would get a say in the draft. I was clearly very wrong.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 04-24-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

You know, in the 7th round I feel like there is a lot of talent available at the RB position. As much as I want an OL, who knows how much difference one of those guys can make at this point. Obviously JA doesn't value OL till the 7th round (past shows this), what about a RB like Blount, Stafon Johnson, Charles Scott or Lemarcus Coker. Still want the OL, but will not be upset with a RB.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
I think it was 3 years ago wasn't it. 2 years ago we drafted Chris Williams. I guess I thought this year that Martz would get a say in the draft. I was clearly very wrong.
It was when we were looking at line. I was cheering on us to get Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart while many wanted Williams, Otah. I didn't believe Angelo would have the balls to pull out a 1st round tackle. He finally grew some and drafted Williams. Now he's back to his old self not drafting until Cutler apparently hits the IR. Just ridiculous.

Time for him to attempt to save a veteran whose 2 steps out the NFL door. Bring in Faneca pls. We have no choice now.

I will have to say buddy that I'm with you on this one. This has been a disappointment.

Last edited by pellepelle_10 : 04-24-2010 at 02:04 PM.
pellepelle_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
You know, in the 7th round I feel like there is a lot of talent available at the RB position. As much as I want an OL, who knows how much difference one of those guys can make at this point. Obviously JA doesn't value OL till the 7th round (past shows this), what about a RB like Blount, Stafon Johnson, Charles Scott or Lemarcus Coker. Still want the OL, but will not be upset with a RB.
I wouldn't mind RB but we have Forte, Taylor and a young Khalil Bell who had a very good upside. Where does this guy play?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I wouldn't mind RB but we have Forte, Taylor and a young Khalil Bell who had a very good upside. Where does this guy play?
No guarantee he does, but I am not completely sold on Bell so it wouldnt hurt to bring in a very talented guy for competition. Usually our 7th rounder doesnt make the team, so why not?

Looking at who is left on NFL.com and using their rankings along with Scotts, guys who I would be estatic with in the 7th: (no particular order)
Kyle Calloway
Tony Washington OT
Selvish Capers OT
Cirion Black OT
Brandon Lang DE
Vince O. (Duke DT)
George Selvie DE
Donario Alexander WR
Lagrette Blount RB
Stafon Johnson RB
Chris Brown RB

Quote: