Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greenthumb View Post
It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.
I'd agree to an extent on LB, but it'd have to be a WLB, which Weatherspoon would be a great fit there, not sure he'd be a great fit in our system as a WLB though, but I think he can be an OK fit. I could see interior OL, but it isn't a huge need, we have Shawn, Todd, MJG, Cole, Jackson, and McGlynn there, though if either Shawn or Herremans were moved to RT, I could see it as a possibility.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah, why isn't this stickied?

Anyways, with the acquisition of Will Witherspoon I don't think that WLB is a premier need anymore, the Eagles no longer need someone who can come in right away. Instead they can have someone who is talented but raw come in from the middle rounds and groom them behind Witherspoon/Jordan for two years. Also with Stewart Bradley coming back MLB won't be a need and Chris Gocong is IMO gone in free agency so SLB might be the spot that needs the most help but the Eagles are really high on Moises Fokou the rookie out of Maryland.

IMO the premier need is DL, the reason the linebackers look questionable so much is because there are so many blitzes and there are blitzes because the front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on the QB, Trent Cole can but no one else can. The Eagles really need a LE who can rush the passer and I've got my eyes set on Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech who plays just like Justin Tuck.

Also on my radar on offense is Trent Williams who is falling because he struggles with speed, but he is a perfect fit on the right side of the line which is where the Eagles need a lot of help and he has the speed to stick with Tuck and the power to withstand his bull rush, he is the top RT in the draft and luckily for the Eagles right tackles never go very high unless your name is Jeff Otah or Gosder, both of whom IMO are much more powerful than Williams.

I would also really like to get a power back and I really like Toby Gerhart out of Stanford as the power back the Eagles should grab. And with Jason Avant possibly heading into free agency the Eagles might need a new slot receiver and I like Blair White and Eric Decker for that spot, and both of them have potential to play outside as well but I like them inside where they can use their size and strength to outmuscle smaller nickel corners.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Rob331
Rookie

Rob331 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Eagles have a 1, a 2, two 3's (Seattles), two 4's, and a 6 in the draft. Without trades that spells 1-DE, 2-RB, 3-CB, 3-OLB, 4-ILB, 4-S and 6 DL. Wow - only one player on offense.

It changes a little if you look into the crystle ball and see Vick being traded. Based on his performance so far, maybe he gets us a 5 and a 6. Figure a WR and a QB if that happens.

Then we have free agancy to consider. If it's an uncapped year we get to keep Weaver, Avant, Gocong, Jean-Gilles, Gaither and Cole. If there's a labor agreemetn they're all free agants. Since I already think we'll draft 2 LB's Gaither can walk. I;d like to see gocong resigned. Jordan is a RFA.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
ljk2171
Rookie

ljk2171 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob331 View Post
The Eagles have a 1, a 2, two 3's (Seattles), two 4's, and a 6 in the draft. Without trades that spells 1-DE, 2-RB, 3-CB, 3-OLB, 4-ILB, 4-S and 6 DL. Wow - only one player on offense.

It changes a little if you look into the crystle ball and see Vick being traded. Based on his performance so far, maybe he gets us a 5 and a 6. Figure a WR and a QB if that happens.

Then we have free agancy to consider. If it's an uncapped year we get to keep Weaver, Avant, Gocong, Jean-Gilles, Gaither and Cole. If there's a labor agreemetn they're all free agants. Since I already think we'll draft 2 LB's Gaither can walk. I;d like to see gocong resigned. Jordan is a RFA.

Very good analogy. I think round one is definitely DE/CB and round 2 will be the other, while RB will be addressed with one of the third rounders. Offense will be ignored for the most part, since they are young and have pretty good depth.
ljk2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob331 View Post

The Eagles can't really trade Vick, since technically, his contract was a one year deal with a team option for a second year. If the team decides to go with the second year (which I doubt), they won't be trading him, they'd keep him.

As long as Bradley is healthy, ILB is not a need AT ALL, and OLB is only a need if Gocong isn't re-signed (very possible). Even if Gocong isn't back, we have some potential options at SAM, or could slide Bradley over if the team would feel comfortable with it, and put Witherspoon at MIKE.

OL is also a need, where the team could lose MJG, and even if they don't I expect OL to be addressed fairly early this year. With Shady being a high pick, I doubt we use a high value pick on RB, especially with needs at positions (OL, DL, Secondary) the team has a history of valuing more than RB. Maybe as early as the third round, where the Eagles have a history of picking their RBs, but I don't see it any earlier than that...

Old 12-19-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljk2171 View Post
Very good analogy. I think round one is definitely DE/CB and round 2 will be the other, while RB will be addressed with one of the third rounders. Offense will be ignored for the most part, since they are young and have pretty good depth.
Am I dumb? I didn't see any analogies anywhere in that post, lol.

I think positions on offense that could be addressed are OL (specifically interior OL) RB, WR, and QB. It is impossible to say that we will do anything with regard to the draft plans at this point because the draft is so far away, and it isn't even close to being a finished process yet. Count on this, you know AR always drafts one O-linemen every year to at least challenge depth. Expect that, or maybe earlier since we could use potential upgrades there, and with question marks about the Andrews brothers. If things go as I expect, Vick will not be brought back next year and that leaves just 2 QBs on the roster. When was the last time the Eagles had just two QBs on the roster for an entire season? Certainly not ever under Reid. I have a feeling that WR will be addressed somewhere around the 4th to 5th round range, especially if we lose Avant to FA. If the Eagles are able to keep him, it wouldn't surpise me if they released Curtis, though I'm not sure on that because I don't know what the penalty would be for doing so. RB has two possibilities. With Westy's tenure as an Eagle most likely over after next season, I think they will get an RB in this draft. However, if the value isn't there, they may hold off until next year. They can do that because I see Buckley as a good 3rd RB option.

I definitely expect DE and CB to be addressed early, but after that, it is impossible to know right now how things will play out. OL could be addressed early, as could LB or S or even RB if the right situation would come up come draft time.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking at Jason Pierre Paul attentively now. I think there is a solid chance he might end up an Eagle. How do you guys feel about it?
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thank you. He's being over hyped right now.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ljk2171
Rookie

ljk2171 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Am I dumb? I didn't see any analogies anywhere in that post, lol.

I think positions on offense that could be addressed are OL (specifically interior OL) RB, WR, and QB. It is impossible to say that we will do anything with regard to the draft plans at this point because the draft is so far away, and it isn't even close to being a finished process yet. Count on this, you know AR always drafts one O-linemen every year to at least challenge depth. Expect that, or maybe earlier since we could use potential upgrades there, and with question marks about the Andrews brothers. If things go as I expect, Vick will not be brought back next year and that leaves just 2 QBs on the roster. When was the last time the Eagles had just two QBs on the roster for an entire season? Certainly not ever under Reid. I have a feeling that WR will be addressed somewhere around the 4th to 5th round range, especially if we lose Avant to FA. If the Eagles are able to keep him, it wouldn't surpise me if they released Curtis, though I'm not sure on that because I don't know what the penalty would be for doing so. RB has two possibilities. With Westy's tenure as an Eagle most likely over after next season, I think they will get an RB in this draft. However, if the value isn't there, they may hold off until next year. They can do that because I see Buckley as a good 3rd RB option.

I definitely expect DE and CB to be addressed early, but after that, it is impossible to know right now how things will play out. OL could be addressed early, as could LB or S or even RB if the right situation would come up come draft time.

Wow....too much shoveling, analysis is what I was going for.
ljk2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

De, Lb, Cb, S. The draft cant come soon enough, But I got to consider what the team does in FA. They will probably take one of those in FA. Leaving the draft for the rest.
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote