Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
well ive been sick since last friday, and that was before these cases and i havent gone anywhere..

At first it was just a sore throat and headache and congestion but now it has changed to a dry cough and slight congestion. IDK if I should go to the doctor or not.
Those are symptoms, although the most important one is the fever. If you've had a fever of 100 degrees farenheit or more, then yes, go and get yourself checked out.

If you haven't, then I'm almost entirely sure it's not swine flu. In every single case of this flu you get a very high fever, it's the easiest way to detect if you have it or not.

Here's the entire list of symptoms that could appear if you get swine flu, although not all might:
  • Fever
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Lethargy (overall weakness)
  • Runny Nose
  • Sore Throat
  • Coughing
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Those are symptoms, although the most important one is the fever. If you've had a fever of 100 degrees farenheit or more, then yes, go and get yourself checked out.

If you haven't, then I'm almost entirely sure it's not swine flu. In every single case of this flu you get a very high fever, it's the easiest way to detect if you have it or not.

Here's the entire list of symptoms that could appear if you get swine flu, although not all might:
  • Fever
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Runny Nose
  • Sore Throat
  • Coughing
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
That list is missing breathing, urinating, defecating, sleeping at night, walking on your feet and having hair.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

• Fever
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Runny Nose
  • Sore Throat
  • Coughing
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting

Yea ok, I havent had a fever at all so Im happy. Just a normal cold then.

Good luck to you down there in mexico Gooseman, stay healthy
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes in mexico? **** dude RUNNNNNN!!!! I heard if you survive the swine flu..you turn into a pig!!!!
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

• Fever
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Runny Nose
  • Sore Throat
  • Coughing
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
Almost had me there.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
That list is missing breathing, urinating, defecating, sleeping at night, walking on your feet and having hair.
turns out thirst is another symptom

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the closed down all the HS's in my area, and also closed down my College and exams may have to get pushed back...Every cafeteria person had mask on when they were serving food, and one of the professors daughters that goes here caught the flu a few days ago.

So while it may not be some American epidemic, it's certainly real and it's making it's way through DFW since some people may want to crack jokes about it as if it's made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if it's having it's way with DFW, it won't long until it's here in Shreveport.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

• Fever
  • Lack of Appetite
  • Runny Nose
  • Sore Throat
  • Coughing
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
In other words, it's the flu.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Well if it's having it's way with DFW, it won't long until it's here in Shreveport.
Well, sounds like it's time to...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering I live in Californexico, I just assumed that this epidemic would pound the hell out of this state.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Well most of us should be safe because this is all we do...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

Damn school filters, I can't see a thing.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Considering I live in Californexico, I just assumed that this epidemic would pound the hell out of this state.
I think its finally time for California to break off and sail the 7 seas...only way to escape..
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn school filters, I can't see a thing.
Iron Maiden...Run to the Hills.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Iron Maiden...Run to the Hills.
I would have seen it when I got home, but thanks.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would have seen it when I got home, but thanks.
Anything to help out...:D

Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I think its finally time for California to break off and sail the 7 seas...only way to escape..
As long as I don't end up in France, I'm cool with that.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
As long as I don't end up in France, I'm cool with that.
France doesn't want you either.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I am getting scared, it still hasn't reached Florida but I am one paranoid mofo :(
hooray for florida and all people who live there like me!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hit New Jersey apparently. If I don't post again, just remember this.

**** the Bears.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Almost had me there.
DG is also healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://doihaveswineflu.org/ haha

Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

good choice.

i feel like i live in a nerd paradise. why? because i play video games while cycling on my trainer.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So things have gotten pretty ugly in Mexico. The swine flu, which originally was a small virus in Mexico City, has now spread all across the country, had taken 81 lives (minimum), has infected around 1,500, and none of these diagnosed people has been cured.

The virus has also been found in Texas, California, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, and Israel, and has claimed lives in San Diego, Texas, and around five cities in Mexico.

Here's a map that is updated every couple of minutes, and it shows the locations of people diagnosed with the virus: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,88.330078&z=4

The exact nature of the virus has yet to be identified, and a cure has yet to be created. The World Health Organization has stated that the influenza will be impossible to contain.

In my hometown of San Pedro (right beside Monterrey in northern Mexico), schools have been shut down until further notice. The government has shut down businesses such as discos and cinemas. We can't go to theaters to watch plays. Elections are coming up in July and the majority of political events have been canceled. No crowds are allowed to attend sport events. Those who have tickets get a full refund. Even churches have been closed down and entrance is prohibited by the government.

A woman from my hometown was diagnosed with the virus, and in less than a week she passed away. In a span of five hours, ten new cases appeared, and all show the same symptoms.

I was wondering if any of you know something about the virus, like scientifically. I've tried to look into it, but can't seem to find a lot. The border with the US is supposedly going to close in less than a week, so were practically stranded here. Is anybody here studying to become a doctor or something? I'm searching for medications and treatment for any type of influenza, to use it as precaution. I've looked for things in forums and stuff, by I only find complicated medical lingo that I can't comprehend. The way the disease spreads has not been found out yet, but researchers believe it could be airborne. That's why I want to know if there's some kind of shot or something that I could take.

I really need some help with this. I know it might sound kind of desperate, but things are worsening as each hour goes by and both the government and scientists are keeping everybody in the dark. No progress has been made, and to top things off the World Health Organization recently stated that containing the virus is almost impossible. They have loaned Mexico $200 million dollars to try and find a cure, but that usually takes time. For now, people are using little masks to cover their faces and many people carry anti-bacterial soap.

And as a suggestion to anyone who was thinking of coming to Mexico, don't. This is bound to get worse and you could be seriously affected. Take my word for it, go to some other nice place that's swine flu - free.

So does anyone know anything that might be useful? I'd sincerely appreciate the help.
Don't use the map they aren't all confirmed cases and I am not sure I would trust google maps as much as other sources.

For Americans:
http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

Center of Disease Control is a source you can trust they update the confirmed cases in each particular state along with the death count. Right now is says 109 confirmed cases, New York has the most confirmed cases of Swine Flu with 50, and the only death has come from texas.

Non-Americans:
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/en/index.html

World Health Orginization is another source you can trust they are posting regular updates. here is the latest one

Quote:
30 April 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve rapidly. As of 17:00 GMT, 30 April 2009, 11 countries have officially reported 257 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

The United States Government has reported 109 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Mexico has reported 97 confirmed human cases of infection, including seven deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (19), Germany (3), Israel (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (3), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (8).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.
http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_04_30_a/en/index.html

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-30-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote