Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Because it's a common reoccurring instance. The Swine Flu has had reported deaths (like cancer) and is contagious, unlike cancer.
What I just don't get is people rushing off to get a mask. Or states cancelling high school activities. Or schools closing, or people rushing to a doctor if they sneeze once, thats all.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
What I just don't get is people rushing off to get a mask. Or states cancelling high school activities. Or schools closing, or people rushing to a doctor if they sneeze once, thats all.
Let the school's close for God's sake, LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Let the school's close for God's sake, LOL.
Hey, there have been 3 confirmed cases in Milwaukee, with 39 probable cases pending. But doubt they would close colleges, keep schools open!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither do I, it's rediculous. I'm getting a Flu shot the instant they're available. That's for sure.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither do I, it's rediculous. I'm getting a Flu shot the instant they're available. That's for sure.
Last time I got a flu shot was the 8th grade and, not surprising, was the last time I had the flu. Flu shots are overrated.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flu shots are a waste.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Last time I got a flu shot was the 8th grade and, not surprising, was the last time I had the flu. Flu shots are overrated.
I haven't gotten once since about then too, and 3 years ago when I smashed my left index and middle finger between a 4,000lb dock and cement ground I got a tetnis shot, but nothing since, well the only ones since are the shots in the cheek from the dentist that leave you drooling like a bulldog for the next 3 hours.

But I get the flu once a year as well as bronchidis and/or mono.

The Chief.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But I get the flu once a year as well as bronchidis and/or mono.
Your immune system must really suck. Also, you dont get mono over and over, as it never leaves your system, you just have flair ups.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Your immune system must really suck. Also, you dont get mono over and over, as it never leaves your system, you just have flair ups.
Na, it's not bad. Just not invincible like yours haha

The Chief.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Hey, everyone can have great immune systems, it's all about diet and exposure. Eat well and dont take unnecessary risks (not washing hands etc) and you will be fine.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Maybe its cuz of the atrocity of our football team the last two years.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't gotten once since about then too, and 3 years ago when I smashed my left index and middle finger between a 4,000lb dock and cement ground ...
Holy ****, you fingers must have looked like a beaver's tail.

But yeah, the last flu shot I received was when I was at Ft. Polk and I ended up sick as a dog.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Maybe its cuz of the atrocity of our football team the last two years.
True, stress plays a big part.

And about my diet:
Burger King
Quiznos
Wendys
Quiznos
Sonic
Quiznos
Quiznos

That's about it, with pop and water.

Explains alot.

The Chief.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I can honestly say I've never truly had the flu and I can't even remember the last time I had a flu shot. Probably either elementary school or middle school.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True, stress plays a big part.

And about my diet:
Burger King
Quiznos
Wendys
Quiznos
Sonic
Quiznos
Quiznos

That's about it, with pop and water.

Explains alot.

That does put all the pieces together. Quiznos gives you mono is the only reasonable conclusion I can draw from this.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Holy ****, you fingers must have looked like a beaver's tail.
My left index finger had about 20 stitches in it, just right at the tip of it in a U shape, when it happened I had about a 2 foot piece of dead skin hanging off, and I had what looked like raw hamburger hanging out. I didn't cry though, I certainly tried, but I couldn't for some reason. And then when I got to the doctor, they had to put the morphine shot right in my wound, it sucked.

Oh yeah! And the next day I had to get it rewrapped, and when the lady got done, she went to cut the gause, and she SNIPPED THE TIP OF MY FINGER! WTF!?!?! I don't know how a nurse does that, but I almost took them scissors and stapped her neck.

The Chief.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
My left index finger had about 20 stitches in it, just right at the tip of it in a U shape, when it happened I had about a 2 foot piece of dead skin hanging off, and I had what looked like raw hamburger hanging out. I didn't cry though, I certainly tried, but I couldn't for some reason. And then when I got to the doctor, they had to put the morphine shot right in my wound, it sucked.

Oh yeah! And the next day I had to get it rewrapped, and when the lady got done, she went to cut the gause, and she SNIPPED THE TIP OF MY FINGER! WTF!?!?! I don't know how a nurse does that, but I almost took them scissors and stapped her neck.
Nurse FAIL, you are needed in the ER, paging nurse FAIL.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Nurse FAIL, you are needed in the ER, paging nurse FAIL.
Your telling me, it was some old hag, so she probably didn't even care.

I should have responded: "I understand you dumb BEEP, that your husband left your ugly self, and that you hate life and are forever worthless, but did you need to do this? Now I stab you!! K, thanks!"

The Chief.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently somebody in Long Beach died of swine flu, I was in Long Beach yesterday, and today I have a case of the sniffles. Later guys :(

edit: the person was diagnosed with swine flu, hasn't died...well, not yet.

Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan : 05-03-2009 at 01:16 AM.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more people die of measles on this board than Swine Flu

true story
Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've established by now that this is the flu... without an immediate cure?

as long as you catch it early enough you'll be fine. I bet more people die from the normal flu every day that the total deaths from Swine Flu.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just hope that the Domestic House Cat Sniffles isn't the next big epidemic.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

as long as you catch it early enough you'll be fine. I bet more people die from the normal flu every day that the total deaths from Swine Flu.
but that story is not as cool as this one

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i just hope that the Domestic House Cat Sniffles isn't the next big epidemic.
Cat scratch fever! wa na naah!

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
There are no cures for any strains of influenza. You can be vaccinated but vaccines are based on the previous year's strains and aren't entirely necessary because the flu strains evolve each year. In fact, I would worry about the other strains of flu which kill hundreds of thousands of people each year, not some catchy named flu.