Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
MyLostintention
Pro Bowler

MyLostintention hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Trade T. Jones?

YES!

Don't get me wrong, I like Thomas Jones and he is a solid NFL running back but he isn't as good as his value. What I mean is last year he had a season that was better than he is due to the Favre factor. Now that the Jets picked up Green and Leon is the next Westbrook, Jones should be traded to fill one of the Jets 3 holes (Deep threat/speed WR, Blocking TE, 3-4 DE)

What do you think and who do you think would be interested? Browns again?
MyLostintention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns were interested in TJ. I like him a lot, but because of our high number of needs we should consider trading him.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns were interested in TJ. I like him a lot, but because of our high number of needs we should consider trading him.
What are we going to get in return though? A conditional 2010 pick that can go as high as a second or third rounder? I just don't think TJ has much value right now, the only thing I can really see us doing is involving him in a Braylon Edwards deal but I'm not sure that's happening. With Shonn Greene's pass pro issues I think we work on that with him this year and have him take over for TJ next year, but I think Jones is definitely sticking around with us this year because he's worth more to us than he will be to anybody else. His value just doesn't seem that high.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.

I don't want to trade him unless we can get a good player in return, not picks, we can win now with our defense. If we can trade him and get a Chad OchoCinco type guy, I'd be all for it

J-E-T-S
Nj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLostintention View Post
YES!

Don't get me wrong, I like Thomas Jones and he is a solid NFL running back but he isn't as good as his value. What I mean is last year he had a season that was better than he is due to the Favre factor. Now that the Jets picked up Green and Leon is the next Westbrook, Jones should be traded to fill one of the Jets 3 holes (Deep threat/speed WR, Blocking TE, 3-4 DE)

What do you think and who do you think would be interested? Browns again?
I say no, because I think his value to the Jets as a pro bowl running back exceeds his value to other teams as a 30 year old running back.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote