Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.
Default Please help me push Follett for MLB

This kid can really play.

Follett's last game:

9 tackles, 4 for loss, 2 sacks, 1 pass deflection, 1 force fumble, 1 qb hurry.

He's not a Speilman. He's more like a kamikaze pilot.

This is a white kid who is an absolute beast. He is crazy. Follett is by far the steal of the draft. I hope he comes into training camp and throws down. He will light up defenders like you've never seen. He sacrifices his body with reckless abandon. His closing speed to the tackle is what separates him from a guy like Laurainitis. The desire to get that tackle or make that big play is what he offers.

If i was in Detroit not California, I would chant and make signs for Follett for middle linebackers during preseason games. He for sure has too much talent to not make this team. He was projected to go in the third round. I watched him in the Emerald Bowl and he played really well. So anybody going to the preseason games, make a sign for me. With Hill, Follett, maybe Levy, and Delmas we have some more talent on defense.

I just wanted to add. Curry ran a 4.5 and Follett ran a 4.7. 0.2 second means little to me. It's how you recognize plays. It's your heart and desire to lay it all out on a line that you can't measure with a watch. I frankly would rather have Curry, but if this kid can bring some fire and leadership into the field, that 4.7 time won't mean too much when the Lions can get a W.

Last edited by 5 Fingers of Death : 04-27-2009 at 10:04 AM.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree i really hoped he would go undrafted to the saints

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Follett is at his best when he's going straight ahead. So if he has the strength to play MLB, maybe it can work out well.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely right there with you. I love Follett and I agree that he may be the steal of the draft. I think that Schwartz and Cunningham are going to fall in love with him too.

With him at MLB and Sims/Peterson on the outside, the Lions would have crazy closing speed at LB.

I only hope that he can add 15-20 lbs because he will be eaten up at the LOS at times if he plays at his current weight.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

If you add 8 pounds of muscle on him. Have Spielman coach him up. Tell him to rein it in a little. Read the quarterback and running backs eyes. Recognize offensive schemes better. He may have a chance.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he'll play in the league for 3 years as a special teams contributor.
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
he'll play in the league for 3 years as a special teams contributor.
We agree to disagree. How does a guy who is third in the nation in tackles for loss, 87 tackles (58 solo, 29 assisted), 25 tackles for loss (that is huge), 11 sacks, 5 counting them 5 force fumbles, plays in one of the best conferences in the country next to SEC become a special team contributor?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

You know why? He's white and runs 4.7.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Follett or Levy could be Schwartz's Stephen Tulloch. As Tennessee proved last year, you don't need a star middle linebacker to build a great defense.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 fingers you keep repeating that he's white like that has anything to do with anything.

If he can play, he will play. I think at this point he's a pretty good bet to make the team as a ST guy since he's super aggressive and straight-line fast. Also he could get in there as an OLB when we go to a 3-4 on passing downs as Schwartz has hinted we will.

But as an every-down NFL middle linebacker he would have a ton more responsibilities than just running from point A to point B and laying the smack down. Coverage, reading keys, calling signals, etc.

He's got a lot to learn and a lot to prove before he could get handed all that. I'm rooting for him because yeah he's super intense and a big hitter, but this is a guy with a long way to go.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

It's a wash, draftwise, for Detroit in the LB department. The Lions reached to take Levy in the middle of the third round, and stole Follett in the seventh. NFLDraftCountdown has them rated right next to each other in the OLB rankings.

Let's let training camp and pre-season scrimmages determine which of them anchors the defensive backfield next season. Could be an interesting battle to watch.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aard View Post
It's a wash, draftwise, for Detroit in the LB department. The Lions reached to take Levy in the middle of the third round, and stole Follett in the seventh. NFLDraftCountdown has them rated right next to each other in the OLB rankings.

Let's let training camp and pre-season scrimmages determine which of them anchors the defensive backfield next season. Could be an interesting battle to watch.
I personally hope we start Follett as our MLB. I've heard nothing but good things and he has tremendous heart. Im not liking the Levy pick at all, i think we should have drafted Brinkley whos a proven beast at MLB. Levy seems like one of those undersized linebackers who can't tackle but hes out there because of pure speed (Boss Bailey anyone?)
Old 04-27-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
TheDoctor8
Rookie

TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
I personally hope we start Follett as our MLB. I've heard nothing but good things and he has tremendous heart. Im not liking the Levy pick at all, i think we should have drafted Brinkley whos a proven beast at MLB. Levy seems like one of those undersized linebackers who can't tackle but hes out there because of pure speed (Boss Bailey anyone?)
I love how you have named all these prospects that would have helped the Gunther/Schwartz defense. Are you telling me that you understand the scheme and know who fits that defense better than those two??? They have worked together and hell, Gunther coached the linebackers at Tennessee under Jim. So when you say that Brinkley is a proven beast you must say that you are seeing something that these two don't, which I really doubt.
TheDoctor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor8 View Post
I love how you have named all these prospects that would have helped the Gunther/Schwartz defense. Are you telling me that you understand the scheme and know who fits that defense better than those two??? They have worked together and hell, Gunther coached the linebackers at Tennessee under Jim. So when you say that Brinkley is a proven beast you must say that you are seeing something that these two don't, which I really doubt.
we'll see.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call man crush on 5 fingers of death ;o)
Didn't Follett lead the PAC 10 in tackles last year? I also believe he started out as a MLB at Cal as well? Clearly I liked him leading up to this draft myself and had a much higher grade on him but after the Peterson signing stopped addressing OLB's for picks with all the other holes.

You're on to something ... It would be an awesome story for a Detroit Lion's 7th rounder to be a contributor. I'm cheering for him.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ESPforMe
Rookie

ESPforMe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
I call man crush on 5 fingers of death ;o)
Didn't Follett lead the PAC 10 in tackles last year? I also believe he started out as a MLB at Cal as well? Clearly I liked him leading up to this draft myself and had a much higher grade on him but after the Peterson signing stopped addressing OLB's for picks with all the other holes.

You're on to something ... It would be an awesome story for a Detroit Lion's 7th rounder to be a contributor. I'm cheering for him.
Absolutely. I think Follett could do it too. At least a good ST guy.
ESPforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...teams_who.html

Quote:
On the teams who passed on him
"They're gonna pay for it," says Follett. "I'm gonna go out there and hit their players and take them out of the game.
"But I'm excited. They're going to give me a good shot over at the Lions. They're the ones who put their neck out and drafted me."

It's good to have someone who wants to prove something. And furthermore embraces the opportunity as a challenge to overcome rather than a negative experience.

"I try my best to keep my head up and stuff like that," he says. "But it's bred in me. You guys kinda see how I play. When I see somebody with the ball, if I get a chance to hit somebody as hard as I can, I'm gonna do it."

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a dude this kid is. Great attitude. Love it.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

These are the type of players the Lions need. Even if he is only a special teamer, its this kind of attitude that we need to become a respectable team. He'll be a blue collar guy in a blue collar city.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
You know why? He's white and runs 4.7.
Dude he's a linebacker. There are a lot of white LBs and 4.7 is plenty fast for the position.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

I love Zack Follett - I have been man crushing on this guy for a month before the draft.

The only reason he fell this low was because of surgically repaired shoulders - but considering his production, his work ethic, his attitude, he should be able to make the roster and help this team.

Ideally Foote will be our starting Mike backer so Cunningham can coach up Levy and Follett. I would prefer Levy being groomed as our Sam than a middle backer.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I love Zack Follett - I have been man crushing on this guy for a month before the draft.

The only reason he fell this low was because of surgically repaired shoulders - but considering his production, his work ethic, his attitude, he should be able to make the roster and help this team.

Ideally Foote will be our starting Mike backer so Cunningham can coach up Levy and Follett. I would prefer Levy being groomed as our Sam than a middle backer.
Could Levy play WLB? Just wondering...

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Could Levy play WLB? Just wondering...
Levy's best position day one will likely be WLB.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans starting LB's last season:

WLB David Thornton - 225 lbs.
MLB Stephen Tulloch - 235 lbs.
SLB Keith Bulluck - 235 lbs.

I like Levy in the Tulloch role, like P-L said, with Follett in the Fowler role. Naturally, Foote would be ideal for ya'll. A vet from a winning franchise and the mentality he brings would be good in establishing a winning attitude.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote