Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-27-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Coverage thoughts

thought it'd be good to have a thread for the TV coverage of the draft...since we all probably spent 16 hours in front of a TV this weekend.

-Good job by ESPN getting a camera crew at so many prospects house. I was really impressed with how many live reactions they caught. 9 people in the green room and cameras all over the country. most 1st round picks were on TV.

-Bad job by ESPN picking second day locations. Quan Cosby and Brian Hoyer. ouch. the Quan Cosby thing just got painful because Bill Cosby just made every comment awkward. Erin Andrews looked like she would rather be anywhere else in the world.

-And, WTF was up with Brian Hoyer and Reebok. Reebok must've given him some money to display their logo or something. he wasn't shy about it. I spotted 3 different instances of this.
1-at one point, he noticed he was on TV, so he sat up straight and un-wrinkled his Reebok t-shirt.
2-Cameras on him again, and he announces that he was bored, so he "went and put on another Reebok shirt."
3-In this same instance, he said his house was hot, so he changed, but it really looked like he just put another reebok t-shirt over the original one. interesting way of dealing with the heat.

-That commercial where the dude says "steroids are as American as apple pie" made me want to throw my dog at my TV every time I saw it.

-LOL at the Cowyboys bias. ESPN practically had streamers and balloons ready when the Cowboys made their first pick in round 3...immediately after the Bears unceremoniously made their first pick.

-Where was Todd McShay all weekend??? they kept referring to him as being in an undisclosed location..but, I was confused as to where he really was. Not that I care. that guy sucks.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kiper was not on ESPN I wouldnt watch them at all
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did your dog do to deserve your wrath? :(
Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what i noticed:

NFLN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESPN

and Charles Davis annoys me more than Jamie Dukes.

I also missed Adam Schefter

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trey Wingo was a million times better than Chris Berman at filling time and leading the discussion.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Trey Wingo was a million times better than Chris Berman at filling time and leading the discussion.
YEs he did better but he had some terrible jokes.

that guys biceps are kinda big. lol @ steroids are as american as apple pie hahaha
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
What did your dog do to deserve your wrath? :(
nothing. just usually was in arm's reach and the sick side of me has always wondered how far i could throw her.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Jon Gruden. Some network better have him on set all season.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think espn needs to make some changes for next year's coverage. they should limit the number of former players at the main table to one. i think it was keyshawn and steve young that were there on the first day and neither really offered anything insightful. young inparticular was annoying because he was sucking off sanchez the whole time.

they should also replace berman with wingo and mort with shefter. those two get by on name recognition alone and really had trouble constructing sentences that were complete and coherent. i thought it was funny that mcshay didn't make an appearance until they were a few hours into the first round, yet they would put up his draft grades along with kiper's.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God. Next year ESPN should get a larger rotation of commercials. I swear I saw the same 10 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over apple pie and over and over and over and over and over and over.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Espn needs to focus more on the 2nd day picks. Like 10 picks go by and they'll highlight say one guy and talk about him for a good 5 seconds. I honestly dont want to hear about the top 5 guys for the duration of the 2nd day. They always show clips of the Brady's and Davis' of the world and yet they dont even focus on these later guys. Pretty annoying. It actually used to be better...but now all they care about is re-hashing the 1st round for multiple hours. You can do that when the draft is over, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
God. Next year ESPN should get a larger rotation of commercials. I swear I saw the same 10 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over apple pie and over and over and over and over and over and over.
i found it!!!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, stop ruining picks. I want to hear the commish and be surprised. I don't want to see a guy on the phone or celebrating before the pick comes up.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched ESPN and this might have been the last year. I thought their coverage was horrible. Steve Young, Keyshawn Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Cris Carter... YUCK.

I have the NFL Network coverage TiVo'ed so I am going to watch that (yes, I am that big of a draft dork) to see how it compares.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I watched ESPN and this might have been the last year. I thought their coverage was horrible. Steve Young, Keyshawn Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Cris Carter... YUCK.

I have the NFL Network coverage TiVo'ed so I am going to watch that (yes, I am that big of a draft dork) to see how it compares.
In your defense: it has kind of worked out for you.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 04-27-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: adding an R to you
Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez...Chris Berman was killing me. Dropping his subtle hints and saying that this is what he thinks and in my opinion they should do this blah, blah, blah...only after someone told him the pick before it was announced. Puhlease. I'm so happy that we dont have to deal with his crap on day 2. I bet his collegues or co-workers, whatever you want to call them, hate him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought ESPN's coverage was disgusting. It was trash in every way, and the only thing that slightly salvaged it was Kiper giving some good insight. Chris Carter and Herm Edwards both sound illiterate, and Berman is damn annoying.

The constant slobbering over Stafford and the Lions was too much for me to handle. After the third round i just used the live tracker on nfl.com
Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pissed at:

Chris Carter, Trey Wingo, Chris Berman, Bill Cosby, Trent Dilfer, Steve Young, the same commercials.

:/ at least they had Kiper
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berman has pretty much become a caricature of himself, and it's a pretty annoying and unfunny one. I think he genuinely believes his puns are clever and witty, which is pretty sad. Thank god for NFLN.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also <3 Jon Gruden, with his sexy haircut.

Herm Edwards was a bit disappointing.

NFLN was better than ESPN, yes.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I thought ESPN's coverage was disgusting. It was trash in every way, and the only thing that slightly salvaged it was Kiper giving some good insight. Chris Carter and Herm Edwards both sound illiterate, and Berman is damn annoying.

The constant slobbering over Stafford and the Lions was too much for me to handle. After the third round i just used the live tracker on nfl.com
Slobbering over stafford? really? Stafford hardly got any attention whatsoever. Which coverage were you watching? Mark Sanchez got ALL of the face time on espn....lol
Old 04-27-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

=
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One huge + this year was Keyshawn barely talked at all.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper was the only reason I watched ESPN. I don't like Mariucci or Mayock so I couldn't watch NFLN.

I also wish they would actually focus on Day 2, and not just recap Day 1. I like hearing about small school sleepers in more than 10 second descriptions.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

NFLN was hysterical towards the end. Rich & Gruden were awesome, and the tech team was even pulling and showing footage draftees all the way through 7 rounds. Rich was even making a joke about it thinking there would be no tape for some of the players - and then was shocked and laughing saying "Wow! We even have spot-shadows??"

Good stuff. **** ESPN. Just sign Mel to NFLN and let him and Mayock battle it out. At some point we have to assume the NFL will nix ESPN's ticket to the draft in favor of their own network, anyway.

Give me lots of Eisen, Gruden & Billick. I'll suffer through Davis & Dukes. Mayock is ok with me - but Mel would be nice, too.