Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What is the Falcons top need?
CB 15 53.57%
NT 3 10.71%
OLB 5 17.86%
O-line 1 3.57%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I don't want a CB in the 1st, unless Haden miraculously drops. We have youth and potential. We need experience and reliable performance.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a corner bad, but i agree if it aint haden in the first (no chance he will drop to us) then i say we trade into the early 2nd pick up an extra pick and can still get someone like cox, robinson or warren
Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the weight-ins from the senior bowl Scott posted. It's really strikes that no one comes close to Sidbury's arm and hand length/size, especially the DE's.

He measured in at: 35 5/8-inch arm length … 10 3/4-inch hands. He's only just a little bit taller then 6'2 and he runs a solid 4.6. We have a future star if we can just groom him well and give him reps. I'm excited for him.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd McShay says CB Kyle Wilson was the most impressive player in the senior bowl practices. He was considered a 2nd/3rd rounder and could possibly move up the 1st round now. Atlanta Falcons today released this article on him:

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2010/1/...could-be-first

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty excited about the CBs this year. Joe Haden has been the clear #1, but Kyle Wilson and Perrish Cox seem to be raising their stock as well. I wouldn't mind any one of those 3.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Brandon Graham is a beast, just like Jerry was at the probowl last year.

His value will level at exactly around 19/20 and he is exactly the type of player TD will love

If he is there im pretty confident that if he is on the board, we will take him at 20

Here is my post senior bowl mock

F/A Leigh Bodden

1) Brandan Graham, DE - (ABE) Beast
3) Jimmy Graham, TE - (TG) Beast Potential
4) Rennie Curran, LB (Pete)
c 4) John Jerry, RT/RG. Showed ability to play RT and RG at senior bowl
5) Eric Olsen, C (Mclure)
c 5) Blair White, WR (Booker)
6) Amanti Edwards, WR/QB/RB/KR (Fin)
c 7) Ryan Hamilton, SS (Fudge)

F/A

1 Free agent is about TDs average and Bodden is a TD type guy.

Draft

1 junior 7 seniors. All high character. All blue collar. All smart. All love the game. All but 2 are allowing for our "over 30 club". Typical TD pattern of drafting productive high motor players with a spashing of high potential/upside guys (Jimmy Graham and Amanit Edwards)

Edit: Im for trading down as soon as Graham is off the board.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Graham was a monster the whole week. I could easily see us targeting him. I remember an interview with TD a couple weeks back when he mention that a DE doesn't have to have ideal height but just needs to get after the QB.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I like Brandon Graham as a player but I'm not quite sold on him for the falcons.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Shefter, Peppers is more than likely going to hit FA. From what I've read, the Falcons will be in on him. I say go for it. Have to think about how much longer we are getting out of Abe/Gonzo. Peppers makes this a completely different and much more dynamic team. And while I don't think TD will go overboard on a contract, I seem to remember the rumor being the Falcons were in the final 3 for Haynesworth, so we are willing to make the big move.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't think falcons even took one step toward Haynesworth. This year might be different, maybe Dimitroff has learned his lesson that you can't fix the defense just from the draft. I was thinking about Peppers today while watching the pro bowl, how awesome would it be if he puts on a falcons uni.

2 issues. I hear something that Peppers wants to play in a 3-4, idk why. Another factor is that he just turned the infamous "30" and he has a injury history. It's certainly worth the risk IMO. ACJ just released this article:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...f_schultz_blog

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I think Peppers would be an incredible addition. Yes, it would cost a huge amount of money, but there's no cap this year and it is, essentially, Blank's money to spend. We could also structure the contract to ensure that it is cap-friendly if (hopefully) the salary cap returns.

Still, I don't think it's likely.

I too love Graham. He doesn't have elite tools, but he just gets to the QB. A perfect TD player. Hopefully he's there at 19/20. If he runs a sub 4.7, he might not be.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have peppers here. our DL rotation of Peppers/Jerry/Babineaux/Abraham and Sidbury/Anderson/Walker/Biermann would be amaziing

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im also on board with Peppers, a proven player and exactly what we need, we drafted our project DE in Sidbury last year and im just not too on board with one in the first, especially with Peppers on the market.

Im still really wanting Haden or an up an coming CB, Cox seems to be impressing, so hopefully he has a solid combine to back up a potential 1st round grade. I also would absolutely love Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss.

I saw a ton of his games this year and no matter who he played he was the most electric player on the field, RB, WR, wildcat...hes just a flat out playmaker and would offer an awesome piece to the offense as well as special teams. He somewhat of a poor mans Percy Harvin.

In the first, were in that tough spot at 19/20 where a perfect fit like Haden wont be there or any of the hig profile safties..so players like Cox, Graham, JPP, those type of guys are there but possibly not our style or possibly a reach (Sam Baker..)

Lets just hope FA lands us a big name and makes this a little easier
Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Count me in for McCluster as well. I've always been a huge fan.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not down for McCluster. How is he any different from Norwood?

I think Perrish Cox should be our 1st round pick. His stock is most likely going to rise and he could be a great addition for the team. Check him out against one of the best WRs in college (who had one of the best QBs in college throwing to him):

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

Better receiver. And hopefully he'd be able to take more than 10 snaps a game without getting hurt.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

A little something called...DURABILITY
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

McCluster is a do it all kinda guy, he can only benefit the offense and we can pretty much line him up anywhere. Just another weapon for Mularkey to use. He's not rated very high right now, but there is a good chance he'll go much earlier then most people think.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
A little something called...DURABILITY
Jerious Norwood had no durability issues in college either. As soon as McCluster has NFL LBs clocking him, he will probably have durability issues too.

This Julius Peppers thing is interesting. Schefter said 3 teams that are interested are the Falcons, Patriots, and Ravens (off the top of my head). Mort said there are 2, maybe 3 teams that are interested: Falcons, Jets, and maybe the Browns.

Are we actually going to try to pursue Peppers? I think he has only 1-2 good years left in him and I hope we don't give him a long term contract. But if we do get him, it would be great for the development of Bierman and Sidbury for future take overs, and our DL would be nasty if our offense can get the lead: Abe, Jerry, Babs, and Peppers with their ears pinned back? We need to be built like the Colts; we can trust Matt Ryan to get us the lead early (we were the best 1st quarter scoring team in 08) and the pass rushers are released for the rest of the game.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Julius Peppers is the best thing that could happen to our defense. I would be ecstatic if we get him. A pro bowl DE with 10+ sacks a year who fits perfect, **** yea! That solves the biggest issue.

Secondly, we sign a vet CB (maybe williams) and draft parrish cox to start a little later and have grimes/owens compete for the #2/nickle. That will leave room to draft an OLBer in the 3rd which should be Rennie Curran if he's available. If William Moore can outplay/replace Erik Coleman, our defense will be much improved in 2010.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Julius Peppers is the best thing that could happen to our defense. I would be ecstatic if we get him. A pro bowl DE with 10+ sacks a year who fits perfect, **** yea! That solves the biggest issue.

Secondly, we sign a vet CB (maybe williams) and draft parrish cox to start a little later and have grimes/owens compete for the #2/nickle. That will leave room to draft an OLBer in the 3rd which should be Rennie Curran if he's available. If William Moore can outplay/replace Erik Coleman, our defense will be much improved in 2010.
The thought about a much improved defense leaves me drooling. Adding Peppers would create a chain effect: Abraham can turn those pressures into sacks (that might happen with Jerry coming back), our run defense will improve, and CB play will be much better. I am definitely warming up to the idea of getting Peppers.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Adam Shefter is getting me all giddy. He keeps mentioning that we are probably his most likely destination. I really shouldn't be, but I'm getting quite excited for this.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm the lone guy who doesn't want Peppers. I'm just not for signing 30 year old free agents to long contracts.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I guess I'm the lone guy who doesn't want Peppers. I'm just not for signing 30 year old free agents to long contracts.
Do you want our pass rusher fixed? I mean sure we might not be #1 in the NFL but it's definitely going to improve our most urgent need if we bring this guy in.

Jamaal Anderson had 0.5 sacks this year and brandon graham never played a down in the NFL. There is no better option for us then Julius Peppers. It's worth the risk.

He also provides leadership and will serve as another mentor to our young DE's.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-02-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Do you want our pass rusher fixed? I mean sure we might not be #1 in the NFL but it's definitely going to improve our most urgent need if we bring this guy in.

Jamaal Anderson had 0.5 sacks this year and brandon graham never played a down in the NFL. There is no better option for us then Julius Peppers. It's worth the risk.

He also provides leadership and will serve as another mentor to our young DE's.
Right, right. Because he gets by on technique.

30 year old free agents don't have a great track record, especially when they rely on their athleticism heavily.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote