Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What is the Falcons top need?
CB 15 53.57%
NT 3 10.71%
OLB 5 17.86%
O-line 1 3.57%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite all the criticism that surrounded Blank and Mckay at the beginning, they did an amazing job getting the right GM and coach.

Mike Smith is so chill with the players, but when it's game time he's crazy as a ************.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Despite all the criticism that surrounded Blank and Mckay at the beginning, they did an amazing job getting the right GM and coach.

Mike Smith is so chill with the players, but when it's game time he's crazy as a ************.
Yeah, but at the HC level, you don't really run practice so to speak. All the coaches under you run it. At that point you can station to station and check things out. You can hang and talk to the GM or owner, and then coach some players up. But otherwise Hcing at all levels is more of a management of coaches and players sort of deal.

I had a chance to sit with a former LB and we talked coaches around the league. And he said Coach Smith is one of the best coaches to play for. I was hanging on the sideline when we went to the in door field, and Coach Smith during special teams came by me and was asking me about the status of the work i was doing, and checking to see what I thought about everything. Then went back to watching, and someone fell down, and he blew his whistle and turned bright red, and was screaming for guys to stay on their feet. So he def. can be strict and turn it on when he needs to.

And from some of the coaches I talked to they seemed really cool. The Wr. Coach Robiskie is really funny, and the TE coach is very approachable guy. At one point he was busting my balls, and quized me on a specific play and said what does the TE do on, and said the play name. And Tony G. was with us and he started to laugh. So you guys got a good group there.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Yeah, but at the HC level, you don't really run practice so to speak. All the coaches under you run it. At that point you can station to station and check things out. You can hang and talk to the GM or owner, and then coach some players up. But otherwise Hcing at all levels is more of a management of coaches and players sort of deal.

I had a chance to sit with a former LB and we talked coaches around the league. And he said Coach Smith is one of the best coaches to play for. I was hanging on the sideline when we went to the in door field, and Coach Smith during special teams came by me and was asking me about the status of the work i was doing, and checking to see what I thought about everything. Then went back to watching, and someone fell down, and he blew his whistle and turned bright red, and was screaming for guys to stay on their feet. So he def. can be strict and turn it on when he needs to.

And from some of the coaches I talked to they seemed really cool. The Wr. Coach Robiskie is really funny, and the TE coach is very approachable guy. At one point he was busting my balls, and quized me on a specific play and said what does the TE do on, and said the play name. And Tony G. was with us and he started to laugh. So you guys got a good group there.
That's ******* awesome. Best job ever?
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would ******* kill for that job. I would also kill for a Twinkie right now, but that's a different story.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTYxICE View Post
Falcon's will use their first pick to draft an edge rusher. End of story. Our Corners are good enough to hold their own, so use our 3rd and maybe even 4th round picks on a Corner.
Did you happen to watch any of the games last season?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would ******* kill for that job. I would also kill for a Twinkie right now, but that's a different story.
Haha wtf bos?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
That's ******* awesome. Best job ever?
Well don't work for the Falcons now. I talked to Smitty and he got me down there for OTAs, so I was there for about a week. Actually called him couple days ago, but he was out. So waiting for the combine to be done. But if I manage to get my foot in the door or not, I am just happy I was actually there. To get to that step is a pain in the butt process on it's own. So at least for my own satisfaction I can say I was there. I got an autograph and free shoes and Falcons clothes for my time. And access to all the coaches meetings behind the doors. So hopefully it pans out if not, I will always remember that experience the rest of my life.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Well don't work for the Falcons now. I talked to Smitty and he got me down there for OTAs, so I was there for about a week. Actually called him couple days ago, but he was out. So waiting for the combine to be done. But if I manage to get my foot in the door or not, I am just happy I was actually there. To get to that step is a pain in the butt process on it's own. So at least for my own satisfaction I can say I was there. I got an autograph and free shoes and Falcons clothes for my time. And access to all the coaches meetings behind the doors. So hopefully it pans out if not, I will always remember that experience the rest of my life.

Yeah, that's really cool. Like I said, if you ever wanted to drop any information about the team that you know/experienced, I'm sure all of us would be appreciative.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yeah, that's really cool. Like I said, if you ever wanted to drop any information about the team that you know/experienced, I'm sure all of us would be appreciative.
Well I mean just basic stuff. The team seems a lot younger, and everyone is very friendly. I remember after practice, I went to go to the cafeteria for lunch, and Matt Ryan was getting a gatorade from the cooler and he said Hi to me. At first I was shocked, like who is saying hi, because i was not really paying attention, and when I looked up it was him. Same with Tony G. I was following the TE's coach around, and Tony G was the first guy to come up and talk to me. Even after practice as I was going through the lockeroom, Tony G would say hello, and what's up.

So over all the atmosphere is really chill. Everyone is friendly from the business side of operations to the players themselves. Coach Smith is a cool guy and sat with me on the last day for lunch. I know the new players were all getting introduced to golf at the one of the country clubs so that was interesting to hear. Mr. Blank came by practice and was observing things.

I actually have a lot of pictures i took with my phone on facebook. I will see if I can post some of the fields and stuff. But overall it was a fun place to be. Only thing is Flowery Branch is in the middle of nowhere. So not the first place I would want to live, but hey, to get my foot in the door I would work in Alaska.

When I was there the Clemson staff was there if I remember correctly. They were interested in the offense, so i guess observing practice, which is a common thing if you want to install certain concepts. But the team is very disciplined. At the end of each period, when the air horn sounded, the players moved quickly to the next period and there was no down time. You try doing that in HS or college, and you gotta get the players to hustle and move quickly. But it was nice to see pro players really haul to get to the next period of drills.

Thomas D is a cool guy, and like I mentioned you guys are in good hands. He is a very smart astute guy, and I have faith in him in building that franchise up.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Falcons chances this year as far as playoffs, Ryan is a stud. Of course not a ATL fan but anyway, the mock draft on this forum has been finished and I was one of the owners of ATL draft as follows

19. Donovan Warren - CB - Michigan
82. AJ Edds - LB - Iowa
114. Mike Williams - WR - Cuse
146. Willie Young - DE/OLB -NC State :/
178. Stephen Virgil - CB - Virginia Tech
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

WE WON!

We have the 19th pick.

TD is magic with a coin flip.

We should send him out in OT next time!

Since we and the Texans are likely to address similar areas, this could actually be material.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TD is a ******* machine!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

haha 19 sounds so much better then 20. I LOVE IT!!

Especially when Texans have similar needs.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-26-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

19 is a great place to pick. I think there may be a slight possibility that the Falcons might trade up if Joe Haden falls (unlikely) or if Derrick Morgan has a great combine and they fall in love with him.

If we stay put though, we have a lot of options for any need. Sergio Kindle, Sean Weatherspoon, C.J Spiller, Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Graham, Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox. All of them should be around 19.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-26-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Just read that Kyle Wilson tweaked something and he only plans on lifting. I'm a bit disappointed.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

That could be a cover-up. I don't think his straight line speed is that good anyway. I think if he ran it would be in the 4.45-4.5 range.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-26-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
That could be a cover-up. I don't think his straight line speed is that good anyway. I think if he ran it would be in the 4.45-4.5 range.
I wanted to see him in some drills. I don't think it's a cover up. The rest of the CB after Haden is a complete mess. I don't think it benefits him at all to not do any kind of drills since that's where he could shine.

I really can't wait for March 5th. If we were to snag one of Dunta Robinson, Leigh Bodden, or Julius Peppers, it would make things so much more clear. Those are guys that could very easily get vastly overpaid though. Also, I read a transcript and Mike Smith seemed to be blaming the pass rush while expressing more sympathy for the secondary. Although, that could very easily be a cover up seeing as how we fired Emmit Thomas. Really confusing at this point to me. He did say this year was going to be much more balanced, which makes me happy.

I question this to all of you. Say we get some solid compensation. Maybe a 3rd and a 5th. Would you be opposed to making a move up for Haden?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Just read that Kyle Wilson tweaked something and he only plans on lifting. I'm a bit disappointed.
Damn. I like this guy, I have him as someone I hope the Cowboys take late in the 1st, his stock has sky rocketed and deservedly so, he's legit but I did want to see him run and do drills.

I think you guys should be aggressive even if it does cost a few picks, sign Peppers and move up for Haden and that instantly makes your team alot better even though it may cost a few picks. Thing is Haden is rumored to go as early as Cleveland, so from #19 that's a pretty steep jump, even if you have to over pay Dunta getting him then staying put and grabbing Morgan would be great. Then you can take a corner or 2 later and hope one shows a spark, as well as keeping your picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Damn. I like this guy, I have him as someone I hope the Cowboys take late in the 1st, his stock has sky rocketed and deservedly so, he's legit but I did want to see him run and do drills.

I think you guys should be aggressive even if it does cost a few picks, sign Peppers and move up for Haden and that instantly makes your team alot better even though it may cost a few picks. Thing is Haden is rumored to go as early as Cleveland, so from #19 that's a pretty steep jump, even if you have to over pay Dunta getting him then staying put and grabbing Morgan would be great. Then you can take a corner or 2 later and hope one shows a spark, as well as keeping your picks.
I just have a strange feeling Morgan will bust. I want Dunta and Brandon Graham.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

The reason I said that it could be a cover up for Kyle Wilson is because his stock has been on the rise lately and he can only damage it with a poor time. He looks to be a solid #2 behind Joe Haden right now. There is no way he will pass Haden so why take a chance?

Personally I think Joe Haden is a bit overhyped. There are too many needs for us to trade up 10(+) spots in the first round. Since we don't have a 2nd rounder we will most likely have to give up next years 2nd again.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

We'll have to see. I'm kind of conflicted. I love Brandon Graham, but don't love Dunta/Bodden. I love Peppers, but I'm really not sold on anyone other than Haden at CB. I personally agree with LL though. If we were to sign Peppers, I'd go all in and trade up fro Haden. It's probably unrealistic seeing how TD probably wouldn't make a big trade up anyway. I'm excited for the combine and Free Agency though.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Rennie Curran looks great. I'm very excited to see him run on Monday. Yes he's short but the guy is a physical beast.

He weighed in at 235, which is great weight for him. Not too big or small. His arms are short but were still longer then the #1 OLBers (Sean Weatherspoon). His hands were measured the biggest of all Linebackers and most linemen as well, so that means when he grabs you, he's not going to let go easy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-27-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Dammit Jimmy Graham needs to calm the hell down. 6'6 260, 4.56, coming across as an intelligent guy and then looking great in TE drills. Fast moving out of range for us in the 3rd

Hating this combine so far and i think its going to get worse. Everyone i want is going to rise above where i hoped they would be availble. Expect big things from Brandon Graham tommorow also...mightnt even be an option at #19
Old 02-27-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Dammit Jimmy Graham needs to calm the hell down. 6'6 260, 4.56, coming across as an intelligent guy and then looking great in TE drills. Fast moving out of range for us in the 3rd

Hating this combine so far and i think its going to get worse. Everyone i want is going to rise above where i hoped they would be availble. Expect big things from Brandon Graham tommorow also...mightnt even be an option at #19

Yeah, Graham looked really good. That's unfortunate. Would have been a great pick up for us. Brandon Graham is still my top guy that's most likely to be available, but he could very well light up the combine and move out of our range. Still hoping for McCluster though.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Every interview I've read talks about us wanting to be fiscally responsible. I just read an article saying that TD thinks that there are some very good players available in FA, but that it's not particularly deep. Just from reading the quotes and the past 2 seasons, my guess is that TD has a number in mind. I think he evaluates and then draws a line in the sand, and won't get caught up in crazy bidding for Peppers/Robinson. But if the price is right, I have no doubt he'll pull the trigger ala Turner.