Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What is the Falcons top need?
CB 15 53.57%
NT 3 10.71%
OLB 5 17.86%
O-line 1 3.57%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea i think we're drafting OLBer early.

Edited for correctness.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-23-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

why not just skip the draft this year and have us just get the players Scott gave us in his last mock.

Cant wait, lets hope TD takes a shine to the surname Graham
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft time baby.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain to Raiders. Wonder if this means G-Men go Spoon.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

JPP/Morgan/Graham all still here.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I want Dez Bryant. Fall baby, fall.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the pick. I was kinda expecting Dez, but **** can't complain with spoon.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Pretty much. I think we could have traded down a few spots though. I love the swagger Spoon's going to bring though.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't think anyone wanted to trade up to #19. I'm sure we looked for suitors.

Once Graham, JPP, and Morgan went off the board, we were very solid on taking Spoon. It did not take a long time to hand over the card.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

count me in on the people liking the pick, maybe not sexy since we all expected it. But he tested out good both on and off the field and just makes sense all around. Also no pressure to have to start right away.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of wanted Dez, just to have a sexy pick, but Spoon is a good addition.

Not many flaws in his game, an instant starter IMO, and a leader for the defense.

I like it.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Gotta love his fire. Hopefully the transition to NFL will not be so hard because we'll need him right away. TD said he's a 4 down player. This is just a perfect fit.

Gotta hope Peria Jerry and William Moore stay heathy. Our defense just got so much younger and faster.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They got my guy (I am a Missouri fan) so I am really happy with it. Let's face facts, having Peterson at OLB is a liability in a division that has teams that have shifty running backs and athletic tight ends. If Jerry and Moore come back at 100%, plus Robinson, then this defense may be at a level it needs to be. Remember, we took the Saints to the wire twice. One more defensive stop and we win those games.

What I want from round 3 is a C and a DE.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Agreed, good pick (although I'm slightly disappointed that we got so close to Morgan). The Giants took a while, and I'm guessing we had a call in to see what they wanted for the pick. However, it was clear from the speed with which we turned in the card, without using the full time to explore all trade offers, that we really liked Spoon.

Incidentally, I hope Carolina doesn't end up with Clausen. I could see that happening.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Looks like Carolina might get either clausen or mccoy. If one of them gets selected, then i can see them just up to get the other.

Thomas Dimitroff said he's going to explore trading back into the 2nd round. Right now I don't see who we could be targeting. I say keep the picks.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Thomas Dimitroff said he's going to explore trading back into the 2nd round. Right now I don't see who we could be targeting. I say keep the picks.

Yeah, but if he makes the move it's going to be quite obvious he likes the player. If he gets someone he thinks can make an impact right away, just go for it. Golden Tate perhaps?

And TD said he talked about possibly trading down, but he didn't want to get too cute with things and lose his player. I'm not going to complain too much about that. From what he's said the players were Bey Bey, Morgan, Pouncey, Graham, and Spoon. So, I'm OK with him wanting to get his guy.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:05 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love the spoon pick. would still not mind trading up if kindle or griffen continues to fall.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't worry about Carolina getting Clausen or McCoy. The success rate of 2nd round Quarterbacks isn't that great and by the time they start producing hopefully we will have the Vince Lombardi trophy by then.. o<

Last edited by Shiver : 04-23-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont think either will fall to them, if they want clausen or mccoy will have to trade up i think. think mccoy at 38 to the browns and clausen maybe to minnesota at 34, oakland at 39 or the bills at 41
Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine with trading back up. Future 2nd and third perhaps.

Either Tate, Benn, Kindle, or Griffin; all would make me happy.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I was hoping the Falcons would trade back, and maybe still get Weatherspoon, but adding a young Keith Brooking to the defense certainly isn't a bad pick. I hope the Falcons can find a way to add another pick somewhere in the 3rd or 4th. There's lot of interesting players they might go after in the 2nd, but I don't see a reasonable way for them to get back into the round.

If you think about it, watching Spoon and Lofton in the coming years should be kind of like watching Jessie Tuggle and Keith Brooking playing at the same time. Lofton is the stocky tackling machine in the middle and Spoon is the versatile OLB who can move around, if necessary.

Last edited by Halsey : 04-23-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I would stay away from Kindle, there is a good reason why he fell.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-23-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year I was ecstatic about seeing our offense play, but now I can't wait to see this revamped defense. Peria Jerry instead of Thomas Johnson, Sean Weatherspoon instead of Mike Peterson, Dunta Robinson instead of Brent Grimes, and eventually William Moore instead of Erik Coleman to add to the improving Lofton, Bierman, Sidbury, DeCoud, and Babs.

We are upgrading this defense very very quickly. The fact that we have a great coach and are adding talent everywhere gives a great outlook on our defense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

If we trade up into the 2nd it had better be for a OC. That has been a glaring need for how long now? That's why Pouncey was my 2nd favorite choice at #19. Todd McClure couldn't get it done three years ago.