Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What is the Falcons top need?
CB 15 53.57%
NT 3 10.71%
OLB 5 17.86%
O-line 1 3.57%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curran will be good in the 3rd and should be there.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the best draft in a long time, IMO. There are so many great players, especially on defense. Almost every position is loaded.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny that the only 2 guys who think we need a NT are bills fans. they aren't accounting for our first round pick from 2009.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-12-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I find it funny that the only 2 guys who think we need a NT are bills fans. they aren't accounting for our first round pick from 2009.
yea darn bills fans, we need to trade down in the 2nd round then draft a NT.

tsk tsk tsk

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I'll draft Rennie Curran even in the 1st. The guy will change up your defense.
i agree. I'm kinda iffy about drafting a DE like Morgan in the 1st after Anderson screwed us over

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
i agree. I'm kinda iffy about drafting a DE like Morgan in the 1st after Anderson screwed us over
Morgan is a beast. He would be more than worth it as he is not just a one year wonder. He also uses technique. Unlike Anderson who didn't know what it was.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-12-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Derrick Morgan is not a 10 sack guy. We need a great pass rusher, he's not gonna be that for you. He'll just play great defense and will be around the ball, but he won't be a big time sack master and he's not always in the face of the QB.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-13-2010, 05:09 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

God i hope the DE class sorts itsself out a bit better than it is now...i have no idea what i even think i want us to do...every guy has a flag of some kind that i ( and i suspect our front office) doesnt like, which is amazing considering how deep this DE class is.

edit:

size is important....but we didnt struggle to stop the run...iv watched a fair bit of footage on DEs in this years draft however nothing comes close to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwoo94qwh_4

two things i wanna point out that TD will love

1) The violence within which he does pretty much everything. Look at 5.20
2) The speed and hustle, mightnt run as fast as the other DEs but he is always husting....Just like what TD raved about with Peria Jerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjIVN0cReBg

i know he is clowning around here but the guy seems to carry himself well, alot like everette brown last year ...good head on his shoulders

Remember we put most our value on characters and play on the feild, so lets hope he stinks it up this offseason...Jerry Hughes after a trade down would be mint

AJ Edds
3rd round pick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqW2oL24N-g
i bet our staff love him

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 01-13-2010 at 06:54 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:51 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I really hope Morgan falls, though it seems very unlikely. I agree that he's not DeMarcus Ware,and will never notch up 15 sacks a year, but he's still a very good passrusher and is superb against the run.

He'd make a perfect LDE for us.

Fingers crossed that he performs badly at the combine (I don't think he's super athletic) and somehow falls to us.

All the others have some questions marks, but I still think 19/20 is a nice place to pick. There should be a number of options, and we can choose whichever one we prefer.

The fact is, if you have a player at an impact position like DE without any question marks, he's going to be a top 5 pick!

I think Jerry Hughes is the most likely to meet our criteria - great production, leadership, consistency, a senior, and very athletic. He's a bit undersized, but will definitely provide our primary need, passrush. An all-round end would be nice, but passrush is the priority.

Brandon Graham would also suit, for the same reasons. I could see us trading down a little bit if we like him...
Old 01-13-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Hughes is a good run defender too. I could see him being a very good pick.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-13-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Derrick Morgan is very athletic. He also got 1480 on his SATs. WTF.

get this guy!

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

qkwbvwekvbqkvbwhvbwekvbw
Old 01-14-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derrick Morgan is very athletic. He also got 1480 on his SATs. WTF.

get this guy!
He is the same year as me...My SATs (and everyone else's in the country) were changed to 2400 instead of 1600. He did have a 3.8 GPA in HS though, which is more than I can say.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
He is the same year as me...My SATs (and everyone else's in the country) were changed to 2400 instead of 1600. He did have a 3.8 GPA in HS though, which is more than I can say.
he had 1480 on the first 2 sections. the 3rd section still isn't being quantified just yet.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I wouldn't be surprised if it was out of 1600. GT is a really hard school.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-16-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Olympia Martin
Rookie

Olympia Martin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Jerry Hughes but I just cannot overlook Brandon Graham's ability to constantly be in the backfield. He had no help at all and was the constant focal point of the offensive lines protection. Graham to me is a better fit in the 4-3 defense in the NFL than Hughes.

Morgan is just in a different league than these two and is head and shoulders the #1 DE prospect for numerous reasons, as some were stated. I would rate Morgan, then Graham then Hughes for us at pick #19/#20. I highly doubt Morgan is not already off the board.
Olympia Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my favorite players in the draft for the falcons to get are

Rennie Curren
Javier Arenas
George Selvie
Jordan Shipley
Jerry Hughes
Golden Tate

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curran is going to measure at 5'9 once he does that his stock will drop
Old 01-19-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

he'll be 5'9 1/2. Everyone knows he's short as hell, that's not gonna drop him that much. Unlike buster davis, Curran is not FAT, and he will show up at the combine. He'll run a great 40 and will put up 30+ at the 225. He'll get drafted in the middle rounds.

3rd of 4th.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-19-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Ideally we get DE Jerry Hughes and OLB Rennie Curran in the first 2 picks.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

IDK about taking 2 undersized guys. I think we need a bigger DE on the left side, Greg Hardy should be there in the first. Maybe we can wait till 3rd and get corey wootton.

i can't argue against curran.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardy isn't worth a round one pick, not at nineteen/ twenty anyway, and Wooten won't be there in round three.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
IDK about taking 2 undersized guys. I think we need a bigger DE on the left side, Greg Hardy should be there in the first. Maybe we can wait till 3rd and get corey wootton.

i can't argue against curran.
We've got plenty of size at LE in Anderson and Davis, and even Biermann has got pretty chunky. We're good against the run, what we need desperately is consistent pressure on the QB.

Hardy would be worth taking a risk on in the 3rd, or maybe moving up to the 2nd. I'm not convinced that Wootton is a major outside pass rush threat.

The outstanding criterion for our 1st rounder, in my view, is pass rush quickness.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream 2010 draft.

First off trade pick number 19 and a 5th rounder to New England for picks number 42 & 47

Then assume that we get a 4th for foxworth, 5th for boley and 7th for brooking in comp picks

2nd: Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma St
2nd: Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss
3rd: Rennie Curran LB Georgia
4th: Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
4th: Jordan Shipley KR/WR Texas
5th: Matt Tennant OC Boston College
6th: John Jerry OG Ole Miss
7th: David Gettis WR Baylor
Old 01-20-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranadwaney View Post
My dream 2010 draft.

First off trade pick number 19 and a 5th rounder to New England for picks number 42 & 47

Then assume that we get a 4th for foxworth, 5th for boley and 7th for brooking in comp picks

2nd: Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma St
2nd: Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss
3rd: Rennie Curran LB Georgia
4th: Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
4th: Jordan Shipley KR/WR Texas
5th: Matt Tennant OC Boston College
6th: John Jerry OG Ole Miss
7th: David Gettis WR Baylor
LOVE IT!
but why 2 WR's?

Sig by BK