Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superbowl plays redone in the upcoming Madden 10.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vid...ted/index.html

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Steelers added five free agents today prior to the start of their annual minicamp, the team announced. The team added cornerback Keiwan Ratliff, punter Dirk Johnson, wide receivers Shaun McDonald and Jayson Foster, and kicker Piotr (peet-er) Czech.

Ratliff and McDonald I think end up staying, making the roster
Old 05-01-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Mcdonald signing. He's got great speed and played well in Detroit.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Ratliff and McDonald I think end up staying, making the roster
I don't see Ratliff making it.

I see our corners as Ike, G ay, DT, Lewis, Smokin Joe, and Madison.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First day of minicamp was today. I read that Dixon threw the ball very well and could unseat Batch for the backup job. I hope we dress Dixon because we could run the wildcat or just have him run the option with Mendenhall and/or Parker. I read Mendenhall has looked very, very good. I see Parker out soon. I hope Mendenhall gets the bulk of the carries. Sweed has gotten over his wrist injuries and is catching the ball very well. Should be the number 3 IMO.

I see our recieving corps being:

1. Holmes
2. Hines
3. Sweed
4. McDonald
5. Wallace

Very solid if you ask me. McDonald will come in on third down if we need a first down.

Stefan Logan looked good returning punts. Our special teams should be improved a lot this season. I think this could be a special season for us.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was interesting. Just something to look at when you are bored.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...m=25&year=2008

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Steelers fans, I was wondering do you know who will replace Marvel Smith? I checked on your site and they didnt have a depth chart up
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Hey Steelers fans, I was wondering do you know who will replace Marvel Smith? I checked on your site and they didnt have a depth chart up
Max Starks, he replaced him after he went down for the remainder of the season

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see so it wont be a big loss losing Smith. JW how your team will replace him for next year. I know we should be expecting 2-3 more exciting wars just like this past year when we face off.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I see so it wont be a big loss losing Smith. JW how your team will replace him for next year. I know we should be expecting 2-3 more exciting wars just like this past year when we face off.
yeah it wont be a big deal IMO, smith only played part of the first game vs you guys

and im sure we will have a couple epic battles again

Old 05-01-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So rookie numbers are out. Here they are:

Draft:
#96 Evander "Ziggy" Hood - DE
#65 Kraig Urbik - OG
#17 Mike Wallace - WR
#20 Keenan Lewis - CB
#40 Joe Burnett - CB
#44 Frank "The Tank" Summers - HB
#73 Ra'Shon "Sonny" Harris - DE
#61 A.Q. Shipley - C
#85 David Johnson - TE

UDFA:
#8 Kevin McCabe - QB
#13 Mike Reilly - QB
#18 Steven Black - WR
#19 Tyler Grisham - WR
#33 Isaac Redman - RB
#45 Derrick Richardson - S
#46 Andrew Schantz - LB
#47 Tom Korte - LB
#48 Mark Estermyer - LS
#67 Jeff Bradley - DT/DE
#69 Steve McClendon - DE
#73 Ramon Foster (repeated with Ra'Shon Harris, don't know why) - OT/OG
#80 Cedric Goodman - WR

Free Agents:
#87 Shaun McDonald - WR
#27 Keiwan Ratliff - CB
#6 Dirk Johnson - P
#5 Piotr Czech - K
#11 Jason Foster - WR

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 05-01-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Jason Foster??

Everything looks pretty good. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nobody trying to grab a legends number. Although anytime anybody wears number 20, I think it is a sin. Barry Sanders wore #20.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jayson is a PS player, who has bounced around with the Steelers, Dolphins and Broncos. Instead of losing him I think they just decided to sign him.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Who is Jason Foster??

Everything looks pretty good. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nobody trying to grab a legends number. Although anytime anybody wears number 20, I think it is a sin. Barry Sanders wore #20.
NO! the number that no one should ever wear again is #58 (Jack Lambert) because that number was wore by the best football player ever.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

I don't care if this gets me neg repped but Jack Lambert couldn't tackle Barry Sanders in a phonebooth. And I LOVE me some Jack Lambert. I have a t-shirt with is ugly grille on it. But just no. Barry Sanders made EVERYONE look silly.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all it would take is for Lambert to hit him one time and Barry would never run again

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

/discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

and then Jordyzzzzzz Nelsonzzzzzzzzzz bitchslaps them both, runs over them both, and scores 31 td's in 1 quarter.

True story. :D

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

First pictures of minicamp!

I only put pics of the new guys.

Evander "Ziggy" Hood:

Mike Wallace:

Keenan Lewis:

Frank "THE TANK" Summers:
(look at that freaking leg! it's a rock)

Ra'Shon "Sonny" Harris:

David Johnson:

Cedric Goodman:

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sonny looks like he needs to hit the gym a little bit before he can make an impact on the D line. PS him or leave him on the active team and dont dress him?

Also, Wallace has a pointy head. More aerodynamic? Just throwing it out there.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not saying that I want this to happen, but do you see us turning to a 4-3 when Dick Lebeu retires? We took Ziggy who could be great in a 4-3, we are getting rid of Foote leaving only Farrior and Timmons, after Farrior leaves we don't have anthor MLB. And Mike Tomlin came from a 4-3 defense.
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Keith Butler will be the DC and still run a 34 defense.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
Sonny looks like he needs to hit the gym a little bit before he can make an impact on the D line. PS him or leave him on the active team and dont dress him?

Also, Wallace has a pointy head. More aerodynamic? Just throwing it out there.
lol, hes just rockin that fo' hawk

Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
Not saying that I want this to happen, but do you see us turning to a 4-3 when Dick Lebeu retires? We took Ziggy who could be great in a 4-3, we are getting rid of Foote leaving only Farrior and Timmons, after Farrior leaves we don't have anthor MLB. And Mike Tomlin came from a 4-3 defense.
i feel like tomlin knows and is comfortable with the 34 now, i think as long as hes here, thats what we run

Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixyYRkaC-k

Our UDFA running back, Isaac Redman. For a big guy, he sure can move well. There are three videos, but he really impressed me in his first one. Could be be a gem?