Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Favre Ever Play Again?
Yes 43 33.86%
No 84 66.14%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
1. He isn't terrible.
2. He isn't as good as he once was of course.
3. Think about your franchises most loved player, and imagine him possibly wanting to go and play for your most hated rival to just beat you basically.

No offense to the Vikings, but I'm a hardcore fan AGAINST the Vikings. I would expect the same from the Vikings fans. Just how it is, and so to imagine him WANTING to go to the Vikings is cringe worthy.
Oh I completely understand where you are coming from which is why I love Favre drama so much.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Oh I completely understand where you are coming from which is why I love Favre drama so much.
lol, I'm sure you do. I just saw this from ESPN.com!

"Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
lol, I'm sure you do. I just saw this from ESPN.com!

"Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857
Yeah they had that on PTI earlier. I'm sick already of it. If I have to listen to this Favre garbage yet again I'll kill someone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre isn't terrible, but do you really think he's the "missing link" to getting to the Super Bowl? Because this move would not be a long term decision obviously so is it worth the gamble to pick up a guy who really did not have a great season last year and with questions remaining if he can compete at a high level?

I think Favre just needs to go away. Look we all know you love football but this will be the second straight season he has retired and then attemtped to make a come back. It's just getting really ******* old.

If you wanna play til age 50 Brett that's fine, but enough of this circus.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh god, not again.....
Old 05-05-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to clear one thing up. Brett does not hate the Green Bay Packers and their fans. Brett hates GM Ted Thompson.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorry but im sick of this ****... This guy once was my favorite player in the league. I loved his attitude, his swagger and just how he played the game.

But this is just bull... if he comes back he becomes an arrogant jackass that cant out of the way of his own legacy
Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I want to clear one thing up. Brett does not hate the Green Bay Packers and their fans. Brett hates GM Ted Thompson.
I would agree with that statement, but I really thought he'd get over it by now.

I really thought, with it being so fresh he wanted to kick the Packs butt last year but I figured as the year went on things would die down and he would slowly calm down about it since he moved on, we moved on. I guess I was wrong. I just don't see why he can be so mad at Ted Thompson. It's not as if the Packers said, you suck...we're going to pick up someone else. We had a developmental player and had money invested into him (not as much as he makes now :P) and he felt it was time for him to step up (which it was). Someone on tv made a good point I heard the other day, saying...that Green Bay gave him everything when he was there. If he threw an INT we would hate it but would move on and let it go because it was Brett Favre. I never thought that I'd say it but no one player is bigger than a team and in this case it's like he can't see that.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he plays for the Vikes. That'd be fun to see. He'd either be the oldest QB to lead his team to the SB or he'd be the sole reason why they didn't get there.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* hell Favre go **** yourself

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it could be a nice addition for the Vikings. Favre's arm could help free up defenses from stacking the box, thus allowing Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor better opportunities to run without having 8 men in the box. It seems like it could be a one year success plan. The defense is stacked and the offense is loaded at the skill positions. Don't you guys think that Darrell Bevell wouldn't mind working with Favre again?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of this story. Brett Favre needs to stay retired. But Sportscenter will play this thing until I kill myself. It'll be sportscenter's main story everynight until game 1 or the old man does say he's coming back.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My BS sources tell me that Brad Childress is a cannibal, and he is just going to Mississippi to eat Favre.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

According to a New York Daily News column by Gary Myers, a(nother) Favre return to the NFL would be motivated by his desire to get revenge on the Packers, the team that kicked him to the curb last spring in favor of Aaron Rodgers.

Writes Myers:

One NFL source insists Favre can't peacefully retire until he finds a way to get revenge on the Packers. He wants back into the NFC North so he can face the Packers twice. The Bears traded for Jay Cutler and the Lions drafted Matthew Stafford. Hello, Minnesota.

"Favre can't stand Green Bay," the source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play."

Old 05-05-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, he's coming back for sure, brace yourself. He thinks his torn bicep will heal on its own.. I'm gonna hate this non-stop circus coverage over summer but I can't wait to see Rodgers embarrass Favre come Fall.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
****, he's coming back for sure, brace yourself. He thinks his torn bicep will heal on its own.. I'm gonna hate this non-stop circus coverage over summer but I can't wait to see Rodgers embarrass Favre come Fall.
Nah, it will be hilarious when Favre schools Rodgers. There will be a ******* riot amongst Packer fans. Favre will go from being one of the most beloved players from the last 20 years to being one of the most hated. I can respect that. These past few years have made me like Favre just a little bit. It really is a win/win for me as a hate filled Vikings fan. Either Favre does incredible well and the Vikings contend or he fails horrible, further tarnishes his legacy, and likely gets Childress fired.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Nah, it will be hilarious when Favre schools Rodgers. There will be a ******* riot amongst Packer fans. Favre will go from being one of the most beloved players from the last 20 years to being one of the most hated. I can respect that. These past few years have made me like Favre just a little bit. It really is a win/win for me as a hate filled Vikings fan. Either Favre does incredible well and the Vikings contend or he fails horrible, further tarnishes his legacy, and likely gets Childress fired.
Dang, now that you put it that way I can see why you have nothing to lose if he DOES go there. lol

Old 05-05-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, they need to start up a new poll now. Bet that % will change big time. lol

Old 05-05-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre's pulling a Roger Clemens, when he turned on Boston and went to New York! Next we'll be hearing about him using steroids and cheating on his wife with Amy McBride, Phil Mickelson's wife. Call it off Brett, call it off!

In all seriousness, I sure hope for his sake he doesn't embarrass himself. Aaron Rodgers was the better quarterback last year, and I would fully expect him to beat Favre (or at least outperform him) next season if they played.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
jtsteward
Rookie

jtsteward hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Get ready to meet B.J. and Clay along with having a reunion with Kampman and Woodson. I know Charles is probably just licking his chops to get a Favre Pick-6.

I don't care if some people disagree or not, when he emerges from the tunnel of Lambeau Field in purple he will hear something he thought he would never hear, boos. Brett is flushing his legacy in GB down the toilet. I know he wants iritate the living hell out of TT but this is at the expense of all fans. This is just another "ME" moment from Brett. Just keep the spurs hungup Brett, you're just an angry bitter old-man.

I wonder if TT/MM let the #4 back into assignment, maybe one of the Punters will get it.
jtsteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsteward View Post
Get ready to meet B.J. and Clay along with having a reunion with Kampman and Woodson. I know Charles is probably just licking his chops to get a Favre Pick-6.

I don't care if some people disagree or not, when he emerges from the tunnel of Lambeau Field in purple he will hear something he thought he would never hear, boos. Brett is flushing his legacy in GB down the toilet. Brett wants to just go after TT but this is at the expense of all fans. This is just another "ME" moment from Brett. Just keep the spurs hungup Brett, you're just an angry bitter old-man.

I wonder if TT/MM let the #4 back into assignment, maybe one of the Punters will get it.
Your right, I am sure it would be crazy reactions in Lambeau...wow. Never thought of that yet. lol

Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsteward View Post

I don't care if some people disagree or not, when he emerges from the tunnel of Lambeau Field in purple he will hear something he thought he would never hear, boos. Brett is flushing his legacy in GB down the toilet. Brett wants to just go after TT but this is at the expense of all fans. This is just another "ME" moment from Brett. Just keep the spurs hungup Brett, you're just an angry bitter old-man.

I really don't think Favre gives a **** what fans think. He wants to get back at Thompson, the fans are pissed off about it because Favre is an egotistical ass and they probably take him coming back personally, and Favre couldn't care less which is why the situation is so ******* hilarious.

I look forward to picking up my Vikings Favre jersey in a couple months and wearing it just to **** with Packer fans.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And here we go again. ESPN just jizzed on themselves over this.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly can't see 4 being retired by the pack if he goes to the vikes

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I honestly can't see 4 being retired by the pack if he goes to the vikes
I'm pretty sure 4 is being retired by ESPN

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote