Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Oh please you are questioning me and my fanhood over a stupid "DREAM" offseason. This coming from the guy who thinks Colt Brennan is the answer. ONE good preseason against third string/UDFAs = Franchise QB. If anything your delusional Brennan love is what gives us fans a bad name. Not to mention he was a total flop last preseason.

Campbell has been linked to STL and BUF. He has a 1st and 3rd tender on him. Getting a 2nd for him is nowhere near absurd. If we are switching to a 3-4 there is no room for Fletcher and McIntosh if we sign Dansby. Its smarter to keep the younger proven talent then the older proven talent. It has been stated that Kuper does not fit what Denver is looking to do, neither does Peyton Hillis. Just because they are RFA doesn't mean they will be tendered.
I have never said that Colt Brennan is the answer. By no means have I ever anointed him as savior. I am a fan of his and I just want to see him get a fair chance. Ive always fully acknowledged that if he gets his shot and blows it at least well be in a spot to grab a guy like Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley. But to call him a total flop last preseason shows just how little you know or just how poorly you evaluate the redskins.

Campbells tender doesnt mean anything in a trade. I will stand firm that anyone who thinks we could get a 2nd round pick for him is crazy. Id love if it happened but Im not going to honestly try and convince myself its possible.

Fletcher is the heart and soul of our defense. At 35 years old, you will never get equivalent value to what he is worth to this defense.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
I have never said that Colt Brennan is the answer. By no means have I ever anointed him as savior. I am a fan of his and I just want to see him get a fair chance. Ive always fully acknowledged that if he gets his shot and blows it at least well be in a spot to grab a guy like Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley. But to call him a total flop last preseason shows just how little you know or just how poorly you evaluate the redskins.

Campbells tender doesnt mean anything in a trade. I will stand firm that anyone who thinks we could get a 2nd round pick for him is crazy. Id love if it happened but Im not going to honestly try and convince myself its possible.

Fletcher is the heart and soul of our defense. At 35 years old, you will never get equivalent value to what he is worth to this defense.
So you suggest we ignore the golden rule of drafting and skip a franchise QB when one of them will be staring us straight in the face with hopes that we suck as bad next season to take one then? Whats the guarantee that we will suck as bad next season? If we win just 2-4 more games we can be looking at picking outside the top 10. Then we would have to trade up and further hurt the development of this team by giving away picks like usual.

Campbell has been linked to Buffalo for Donte Whitner and a 3rd round pick. If we would accept just a 3rd then why would they throw in Whitner? Its more like we want a 2nd and they dont want to give up a 2nd so they offer a 3rd and a player.

As far as Brennan you did have a comment about jumping on the Brennan train before its too late in your sig.

There is no guarantee that Luck or Barkley will come out in 2011.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you suggest we ignore the golden rule of drafting and skip a franchise QB when one of them will be staring us straight in the face with hopes that we suck as bad next season to take one then?
the golden rule only applies if you feel that the qb is a franchise qb for your team/system. personally, i do no not feel that way about clausen or bradford.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
the golden rule only applies if you feel that the qb is a franchise qb for your team/system. personally, i do no not feel that way about clausen or bradford.
Care to share why you feel Clausen is not a franchise QB. He did nothing but improve year after year and ended his jr year with a 7:1 TD to INT ratio in a pro style offense. His short comings of NDs record can be put on his horrid defense and lack of talent on his OL.

2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
Old 02-25-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Care to share why you feel Clausen is not a franchise QB. He did nothing but improve year after year and ended his jr year with a 7:1 TD to INT ratio in a pro style offense. His short comings of NDs record can be put on his horrid defense and lack of talent on his OL.
Clausen on film tends to stare down his targets. He has played with 3 first-second round wide receivers. He gets rattled easily in the pocket, often from ghost pressure, and has been known to get happy feet and flush too quickly from the pocket. I dont trust his arm to make all the throws. Im not saying he has a weak arm but its surely not elite enough to warrant top 5 consideration. It is especially evident on a lot of his deep throws which he tends to float and if you watch tape he makes his wrs work for the ball more often than i would expect a top 5 draft pick. And beyond that, his attitude reminds me of JP Lossman. The happy feet and attitude are what scare me the most but add it up and Im not happy about taking him in the top 5.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
Clausen on film tends to stare down his targets. He has played with 3 first-second round wide receivers. He gets rattled easily in the pocket, often from ghost pressure, and has been known to get happy feet and flush too quickly from the pocket. I dont trust his arm to make all the throws. Im not saying he has a weak arm but its surely not elite enough to warrant top 5 consideration. It is especially evident on a lot of his deep throws which he tends to float and if you watch tape he makes his wrs work for the ball more often than i would expect a top 5 draft pick. And beyond that, his attitude reminds me of JP Lossman. The happy feet and attitude are what scare me the most but add it up and Im not happy about taking him in the top 5.
Floyd was hurt for basically then entire year. I dont know where you are getting 3 first rounds WRs. Its Floyd and Tate.

As far as his attitude Im sure you are talking about how you see him as cocky. That has been so overplayed by people looking for an excuse not to like him just because he went to ND. As far as happy feet, it was said Peyton Manning had them too coming out of college. He doesnt need to have a cannon for an arm to be a top 5 pick. Jamarcus Russell has a phenomenal arm and look what he is. I have all the faith in what Kyle can do with Clausen. He took Matt Schaub, a good backup in the league and made he into a franchise QB. The things you said against his game are all coachable things.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

peyton manning is the exception. not the rule. 9 times out of 10 having happy feet like clausens is a very bad thing in the nfl. and you cant coach a stronger arm. if i cant trust a qb enough to put enough zip to throw the deep out or the skinny post on the run out of the bootleg than im not taking him in the to 5. you dont have to have the strongest arm in the nfl but to get paid top 5 money in the draft i sure as hell want the total package. im ok with clausen in a trade down but im not ok with paying him top 5 money.

i love this quote from bruce allen yesterday:

Need. General manager Bruce Allen kicks that term around a little. What, really, does it mean? Need, he says, is not only in obvious areas but in every area. Needs are never fully met and continually developing as a team puts its roster together. “The need issue? I don’t really believe in that,” Allen says. “Because you’re one play away from having a need at a position. You can say you’re fine at one position and a guy injures his knee at minicamp and guess what? You don’t have the depth. The Redskins ran into that when they made the trade for Jason Taylor. You weren’t thinking of trading for Jason Taylor before the injury. You cant limit yourself in the draft to only certain positions based on 'need'”

Last edited by DiG : 02-26-2010 at 08:35 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Shanahan announced at the combine that the Redskins will, infact, run a 3-4 defense next year. There will be 4 man fronts though. sounds like the hybrid i expected.

http://twitter.com/RickMaese
Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shanahan announced at the combine that the Redskins will, infact, run a 3-4 defense next year. There will be 4 man fronts though. sounds like the hybrid i expected.

http://twitter.com/RickMaese
Very interesting, going to be fun to see the transition to a 3-4. Wonder how the players like Haynesworth and Rak feel.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-4 Eh? I can get behind that. Haynesworth has already said he'll be pissed about playing in a 3-4 though.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
3-4 Eh? I can get behind that. Haynesworth has already said he'll be pissed about playing in a 3-4 though.
Hes only going to be pissed when he has to take up space and eat blockers. He will be happy if he is finally allowed to create havoc like he is meant to do.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

the way these OTs are working out I am getting more and more afraid of waiting till the 2nd round to take one. i can see scenarios where okung, campbell, brown, bulaga, williams, iupati, pouncey, and vlad are all off the board.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
the way these OTs are working out I am getting more and more afraid of waiting till the 2nd round to take one. i can see scenarios where okung, campbell, brown, bulaga, williams, iupati, pouncey, and vlad are all off the board.
I think we are safe until round 2. I either want Clausen or Berry at #4. I want no part of Okung. To be honest he is not a stud LT. Just like you say you dont feel Clausen is worth a top 5 pick is how I feel about Okung. Id like to hear what you think about him since you dont have him picked in your dream mock either.

Going Clausen/Berry at #4 and Brown/Best at #36 is what i want.

Last edited by toddmlazarchick : 02-27-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shefter saying now that the Rams will take Bradford number 1. So it seems like the Skins will have lots of options.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats the definition of a dream off season.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Apparently jimmy Clausen has been working out in the off-season with.........

one vincent cerrato.

That sinks Clausen's credibility,draft the notre dame kid

NO
THANKS.

If Bradford is gone, then its McCoy/Suh or Okung or a trade down(if we get lucky).
Good player that Berry is, i dont see him being on Shanahan/Allen's radar.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
Apparently jimmy Clausen has been working out in the off-season with.........

one vincent cerrato.

That sinks Clausen's credibility,draft the notre dame kid

NO
THANKS.

If Bradford is gone, then its McCoy/Suh or Okung or a trade down(if we get lucky).
Good player that Berry is, i dont see him being on Shanahan/Allen's radar.
I will be majorly PO'ed if the Skins draft Clausen @ #4, especially with this news.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
I will be majorly PO'ed if the Skins draft Clausen @ #4, especially with this news.
Bug eyes has ties to ND so I wouldn't be too worried. I can't imagine Snyder relying on Cerrato after bringing in Allen/Shanny. O wait...

In all seriousness I think we'll go O-line with our first two picks if we were picking today. And even though Shanahan has a knack for finding sleeper rb's in the later rounds I could see us taking a RB with our 2nd pick if a top guy were to slip.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

I really cant see us not going QB at #4. We may never be in a position to have a choice of a franchise QB for a while.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I really cant see us not going QB at #4. We may never be in a position to have a choice of a franchise QB for a while.
I really can. The lack of QB talent is the only reason someone like Clausen is being projected so high. Hell even Bradford is probably gonna go #1 and he's been through 2 shoulder surgeries already.

We need to build our offensive line first. The current talent on our roster in that position is beyond a joke.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Id like to hear what you think about him since you dont have him picked in your dream mock either.
I like Okung a lot. The mock in my sig is just my dream mock of the moment. With quite a handful of Redskins rumors revolving around trading or adding a safety, obviously my first choice is Berry BUT only if we pick up 1-2 decent FA OL and draft best available OL at the top of rd 2.

With that said, my second choice to Berry is Okung without a doubt. I dont understand how he is so over analyzed. His size is absolutely ideal at LT and his experience is unquestionable. He has undeniable strength and I love the mauler attitude he plays with. He isnt necessarily the fastest OL in the draft but he plays with a lot of quickness off the snap and is good in space. Given his size, he has a surprising ability to change direction and get to the next level. IMO, he is easily one of the best pass blockers to come out of the draft in the last 5 years. Hes productive in the run game but I will admit he needs some coaching on using his hands to get punch and get a stronger push. I think hed be a good fit in the ZBS as well coming from a spread offense that requires him to move a lot in space.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would not be mad at all if we went okung then charles brown in the 2nd.

i havent watched much okung, only read. but from what youre saying he's kind of like what shanny had in clady ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Linebacker Rocky McIntosh received a second-round tender from the Redskins, a league source said.

Redskins tender RFA safety Reed Doughty a second-round qualifying offer, per a league source.

The Redskins made a low tender to Kedric Golston, people familiar with the situation said today, meaning they would receive a second-round draft pick as compensation for the defensive tackle if he received an offer from another team that they were not willing to match.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more interested in what we are going to do with our 2nd round pick. Regardless of if we go Okung round 1, I can't see us going O-line in round 2 anymore. With our myriad of needs I don't see it plausible reaching on an OT in the 2nd round with one of the 2nd tier guys. The resigning of Rabach also puts someone like Pouncey as out of the equation. Although I'm not a fan I honestly think if he makes it to our pick there is no way we pass on Cody as a potential NT for the defense. Also considering Orakpo is really the only true 34 fit on our team, getting a 34 rush backer could be high priority. Maybe a Jerry Hughes or Ricky Sapp. Or maybe Spikes to play inside. I'm still interested to see if Rocky should he be here if he would be playing inside or outside. He really is just the perfect 43 OLB fit and in a 34 he is kind of lost with not being stout enough to play inside, and not really being athletic or explosive enough to be a true threat as an OLB.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Where are we and what do we need?

3/11/2010

Offense

QB: JC, Brennan
RB: Portis, Alridge
FB: Sellers
TE: Cooley, Davis, Ryan
WR1: Moss, Kelly
WR2: Thomas, Mitchell
LT: Heyer
LG: Dockery, Will Montgomery
C: Rabach, Lichtenstein
RG: Hicks, Rinehart
RT: Mike Williams?, Hicks

3-4 Defense

RDE: Haynesworth, Jarmon
NT: Kemo, Montgomery
LDE: Daniels, Golston
ROLB: Orakpo, Wilson
ILB: Fletcher, Blades
ILB: McIntosh, Henson
LOLB: Carter?, Alexander
RCB: Rogers, Barnes
LCB: Hall, Tryon, Westbrook
S: Landry, Moore
S: Horton, Doughty

K: Gano
P:
LS:

Obviously both the left and right tackle spots look awful. LOLB also makes me nervous. I think we need to add another OLB for the 3-4. Even if Carter works out hes on the wrong side of 30 and there isnt much decent depth. The FS position is another possible concern. Im willing to give Landry another shot in a new defense with new coaches but im not real confident either. I wouldnt mind drafting a MLB in the later rounds either. We have another year or two with Fletcher so now might be a decent time to take a chance on a guy like Donald Butler, Jamar Chaney, or Boris Lee. I cant imagine we roll with only those 4 WRs either.

Last edited by DiG : 03-11-2010 at 10:04 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote