Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-24-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Because it's not a need.
So what?

Old 04-24-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

that highlight really made me feel alot better about that pick.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spoke to an ex-coach and personal friend of Dennis Morris' today. He has been told will be used as a FB and lined up in the slot position and has been told he will be catching plenty of passes.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Available FAs that could help the Skins:

Terrell Owens, Kevin Curtis, Kelly Washington, Flozell Adams, Alan Faneca, Shawn Andrews, Arron Sears, Shawn Murphy, Chester Pitts, Kevin Mawae, John Henderson, Adalius Thomas, Clint Ingram, Dre Bly, Anthony Henry, Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper

What do you guys think? Do the Skins sign anyone else? I think adding Darren Sharper would be my first choice but I wouldnt be opposed to signing TO, Flozell, Sears, or maybe Andrews. The mental health issues with Sears are worrisome obviously but he has so much talent and was drafted by Bruce Allen.

Haha also I read the funniest line this morning..."Looks like Sellers has been D-Moted."

Last edited by DiG : 04-27-2010 at 08:27 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T Austin video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_EPh...ext=1&index=16

2nd all time yardage leader for UCLA. Looks like he can at least contribute on special teams and could be a solid return man.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/4/27/1...rt-on-redskins

Instead of relying on experts at various draft websites to find out about new Redskins inside linebacker, Perry Riley, I decided to turn to a trusted source. The writers of SB Nation's LSU site, And The Valley Shook. I asked the guys over there to give me their thoughts on Perry Riley, and they provided an extremely thorough break-down of Perry's strengths and weaknesses...and it struck me what his role most likely will be.

Strengths: Riley is sort of an all-everything linebacker. Chavis' defense relied heavily on the linebackers, and Riley was the centerpiece of the entire unit and, outside of Peterson, was LSU's best defensive player. He excels first and foremost at stopping the run, but he's also comfortable dropping back in coverage, and he is a terrific open field tackler. I can't think of a tackle he has ever missed. Riley is just one of those guys who just has a nose for the football.

Weaknesses: He's not a good pass rusher. Riley's more comfortable stuffing the run or dropping back into coverage, as he has real problems blitzing the quarterback. He was a starter for two years and he racked up only two sacks, though he did have 13 TFL's. He's also not blazing fast, he's far more suited to the middle of the field than playing outside.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always wanted to sign TO but that's not happening. I don't really like Flozell's fit with us. I'd like to add Adalius. We don't have enough backers who actually fit the 34.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(1) Trent Williams, OT
(2) Donovan McNabb, QB
(3) Jeremy Jarmon, DE
(4) Perry Riley, LB
(5) Adam Carriker, DL
(6) Dennis Morris, FB/H-Back
(7) Terrence Austin, WR/KR
(7) Erik Cook, OL
(7) Selvish Capers, OT

To me this is what our draft ended up being. I really like how the offseason has gone... if i could change one thing in hindsight... i wish we hadn't gone McNabb and had instead picked up Clausen. Really though... who thought he'd slide into the 2nd round. Overall i think this has been a really good offseason for the redskins.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

exactly how i see the draft results mcbain except id take mcnabb over clausen 100 out of 100 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want Claussen even if we had a 2nd rounder. If you think he's a franchise QB we would have taken him at 4 and not even blinked at a Mcnabb trade. No point in getting him, have Jason start, bomb another season and then realize we still need a franchise QB.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't want Claussen even if we had a 2nd rounder. If you think he's a franchise QB we would have taken him at 4 and not even blinked at a Mcnabb trade. No point in getting him, have Jason start, bomb another season and then realize we still need a franchise QB.
I hate this "franchise qb" cliche. You can't pass on him he's a "franchise qb." Wasn't Ryan Leaf a "franchise qb?"

Here's what i think:

Clausen is a good QB. You draft good QBs and you hope they become great QBs.

Ultimately, If this team is successful it will be because for the first time in years we have a coach who knows how to manage his players. The Redskins have always had talented rosters. Last year was no exception.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

QB is the most important position. If you see a guy who I believe will be your future you take him with confidence with your first pick like the Ravens taking Flacco who was seen as a 2nd round prospect.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
QB is the most important position. If you see a guy who I believe will be your future you take him with confidence with your first pick like the Ravens taking Flacco who was seen as a 2nd round prospect.
I don't think that's the right way to evaluate talent. "this guy is a franchise qb." I think the Media and the fans say that alot.... you get an overload of these cliche identifiers "can't miss prospect", "franchise this or that." The media is this hype machine that illuminates these players in to like los vegas strip caricatures. I guess that's why teams are willing to fork over 20 million guaranteed. The draft has become something of a circus child to sky rocketing revenues.

I know i didn't really make a point there... i just really like the metaphors. lol

Clausen is going to be better than McNabb. I guess that's the only way i can continue this argument with class.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Clausen is going to be better than McNabb.
That's pretty bold. Do you mean he will have a better career or will be better for the next 3-4 years or so? Either way I would take Mcnabb.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
That's pretty bold. Do you mean he will have a better career or will be better for the next 3-4 years or so? Either way I would take Mcnabb.
In my scenario i take Clausen in the second round. Maybe we're not as good the first two years or so... in the long run i think it would have been a slamdunk for the skins.

We get older and we get higher expectations with McNabb.

If we don't make the playoffs this year it was a stupid move. I think.

Last edited by McBain : 05-01-2010 at 05:24 PM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I decided to make a big board of guys I would like us to pick, assuming they are still there and also assuming we pick somewhere between 12-16

Big Board

Mark Ingram- Doubt he will be there when we pick but I love him for our offense and RB is going to be a big need this offseason.

Julio Jones- AJ Green will go in the top 5 but if we are lucky enough to snag Julio we will have to give it some consideration. Jones can get lost at times but I attribute that to him not being the #1 guy on their offense. I really like his physical skill set and think he projects to be a very nice pro player. Immediately we would have a guy who can move the chains and make plays, could also allow us to move Moss to the slot finally.

Donta Hightower- Yes, I know, 3 bama players, but **** it they're good lol. Need a thumper inside and I really like the way this guys plays.

Allen Bailey- Versatile and strong defender. Has a lot of hype but backs it up usually. Can play multiple posistions which we need at this point but ultimatley projects to the 5 tech DE for us.

Cameron Heyward- Again, a 5 tech DE that we desperately need right now.

Hopefully in the offseason we can adress a spot on the O-line and then look to fill other spots in the draft. Not a deep class though for o lineman. I would put our biggest needs right now as

WR
D Line
O Line
OLB/ILB
RB
S

Pretty much we need all the help we can get, BPA should be the route for the oldest team in the league. Of course, we don't ever acquire picks to do that...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

not a bad list. i love what ive seen from marcell dareus depending on where we end up. of course right now he looks like a top 10 pick but you never know where he ends up or where we end up. i totally agree though that we should probably be looking for best player available among most positions. i would venture to say OT, SS and TE are the only positions id completely take out of consideration in the first round.

1. andrew luck
2. patrick peterson
3. marcel dareus
4. aj green
5. robert quinn
6. mark ingram
7. prince amukabara
8. adrian clayborn
9. donta hightower
10. bruce carter
11. cameron heyward
12. allen bailey
13. shane vereen
14. julio jones
t15. mike brewster / stephen good

Last edited by DiG : 10-12-2010 at 03:20 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Is O.T. Jammal Brown signed up to a long term contract?

Has he done enough to deserve a big contract?

Boston Coll. Anthony Castonzo not worth a look?

Or Pouncey/Wisniewski if the skins end up picking in the 18-25 range.

At the moment Offensive Tackle would be in my consideration.
I dont think Free Safety would be on the skins' list as i would expect them to bring in a free agent to go along side Kareem Moore.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
Is O.T. Jammal Brown signed up to a long term contract?

Has he done enough to deserve a big contract?

Boston Coll. Anthony Castonzo not worth a look?

Or Pouncey/Wisniewski if the skins end up picking in the 18-25 range.

At the moment Offensive Tackle would be in my consideration.
I dont think Free Safety would be on the skins' list as i would expect them to bring in a free agent to go along side Kareem Moore.
i like both brewster and stephen good more than pouncey or wisneiwski if they were to declare. too early to tell but i think they are better prospects for shannys oline.

even if brown doesnt get a new contract, i still dont think we need to spend another 1st rounder on a RT. personally, i would resign brown rather than have to find a replacement. we need to replace 2-3 interior lineman this offseason, so id rather not have to find a new rt too.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Anyone tell me more on Baldwin wr from pitt. Scott has him going to us in his mock. Haven't seen him play yet.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Anyone tell me more on Baldwin wr from pitt. Scott has him going to us in his mock. Haven't seen him play yet.
he's a very big receiver (6'5, 225) that has not quite lived up to expectations this year. there were a lot of hopes, given baldwins potential, that he would be the next larry fitz in pitt, and he has definitely shown flashes, but has been quite inconsistent.

he has good hands, great size, awareness, and gets surprisingly good yards after the catch considering he is not that fast. this is more because he is so physical and hard to bring down. when he is on, he is very good at going up and getting the ball at its highest point but when he is off, he struggles to get much better separation and he is not a very good route runner at this point. without great speed or route running, he's a guy that may take a couple years at the nfl level to adjust before he contributes.

big number 1 receivers like larry fitz, andre johnson, and calvin johnson were able to come in and contribute right away because of either their speed or route running. fitz didnt have the speed but he was a tremendous route runner coming out. i see baldwin more in the mold of james hardy, dwayne bowe, roddy white type prospects.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Skins are currently 4-5 coming off a brutal loss. Looking at the rest of the schedule, it isn't pretty. It looks like we would pick 14th right now based on SOS but I think at the end of the day we end up picking somewhere in the 8-11 range.

Preferred RD1 players anticipated as gone at our pick:
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Prince Amukamara

Mock

RD 1 - Nick Fairley, DL, Auburn
RD 2 - Stefen Wisniewski, C Penn St.
RD 3 - Trade /Jamaal Brown, OT
RD 4 - Trade /Donovan McNabb, QB
RD 5 - Steven Friday, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech
RD 6 - Clint Boling, OG, Georgia

OR

RD 1 - Marcell Dareus, DL Alabama
RD 2 - Ryan Broyles, WR Oklahoma
RD 3 - Trade /Jamaal Brown, OT
RD 4 - Trade /Donovan McNabb, QB
RD 5 - Kevin Kowalski, C Toledo
RD 6 - Andrew Jackson, G, Fresno State

Free Agency

Brandon Jackson, RB or Michael Bush, RB
James Jones, WR or Santonio Holmes, WR
Richard Marshall, CB

Doesn't really address FS or OLB opposite of Orakpo but fixing this franchise is a process and it will take a few offseasons to address all of our needs. Gotta take it one step at a time.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Anyone else wanna see Rocky get a shot at OLB? It just seems as if Rocky should be playing outside and Lorenzo should be that thumper inside ala Levon Kirkland.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

It's ashame we have to rebuild this crap roster with so few draft picks...just can't fill all the holes

They need to get some more draft picks some way...how would you feel about trading down with that first round pick?

Also, get rid of any guys on D that don't fit with the 3-4 and get picks if possible...Carter/Fat Al/etc...
Old 11-29-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

If we can't get Fairley I think trade down has to be the best option. Cameron Heyward in the 18-25 range would be a great pick. Also would love to get Justin Blackmon who is just above Julio as my #2 WR. Also don't sleep on an impact rusher like Von Miller.