Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 11-29-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all about Justin Blackmon but there are a lot of guys I would like. Pass rushing LB, 5-tech DE, WR, CB, DT like Fairley. Round 2 is going to be the most important I feel. I really like Rodney Hudson for our offense, hopefully he falls. I could see a guy like Michael Floyd falling to the 2nd as well.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free agency should help the WR position for sure, just about every free agent out there will be better than Roydell Williams and Banks really isn't fit to be more than a returner. Guys I am hoping we can land are Mike Sims Walker, Steve Breaston, and James Jones. Isn't even Santana's contract up this year?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Free agency should help the WR position for sure, just about every free agent out there will be better than Roydell Williams and Banks really isn't fit to be more than a returner. Guys I am hoping we can land are Mike Sims Walker, Steve Breaston, and James Jones. Isn't even Santana's contract up this year?
I really like Breaston and MSW. Other notable free agents:

Sidney Rice
Randy Moss
Vincent Jackson
Santonio Holmes
Steve Smith-NYG
Donald Driver
Braylon Edwards
Malcolm Floyd

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im all about james jones. packers gotta resign tramon williams and cullen jenkins. not sure jones will be their first priority. if not, id love my boy torrey smith in rd 2 also.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

I saw the MD game when I was home over break. Cameron Chism caught my eye as a potential late draft pick. Looks like he has good size and can definitely hit not too sure about his ball skills. What are the MD fans thoughts on him?

Also what's been up with Kevin Barnes why did it take him so long to make the active roster? I read he was taking some snaps at safety.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean Rogers and Hall are the #1 and 2 no matter how poor they play and honestly Buchanan has been our most consistent corner this year and often takes the opposing teams #1 WR more than anyone else. Just hasn't been that much pt for Barnes especially since even when Landry was playing we love using Doughty as an extra DB. Still though love seeing Barnes out there and he should be our #4 CB. Really he should be our special teams gunner. I honestly want to cut Byron Westbrook. He blows. He always runs his hardest down the field yet I've never seen him make a tackle. He either out runs the play or if someone blocks him he sticks to them and lets himself be blocked. He's also too slow to be an effective corner. I see him as a failed project.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Any thoughts on Chism?

Steddy Ambition!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just finished up the forum mock. what do you guys think?

Washington Redskins

Draft

#27 - Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
#41 - Kenny Tate, FS, Maryland
#91 - Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
#108 - Greg Little, WR, UNC
#113 - Pat Devlin, QB, Deleware
#123 - Tim Barnes, C, Missouri
#137 - Danny Watkins, OL, Baylor
#157 - Chimdi Chekwa, CB, Ohio State

Trades

Redskins Receive:
#12 Overall
#108 Overall
Vikings Receive:
#8 Overall

Redskins Receive:
#27 Overall
#91 Overall
#123 Overall
LB Jarrett Johnson
Ravens Receive:
#12 Overall

Redskins Receive:
#113 Overall
Colts Receive:
DT Albert Haynesworth

Updated Depth Chart - http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...5&#post2432765
Old 12-22-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

Washington Redskins

Draft

Trades

Redskins Receive:
#12 Overall
#108 Overall
Vikings Receive:
#8 Overall

Redskins Receive:
#27 Overall
#91 Overall
#123 Overall
LB Jarrett Johnson
Ravens Receive:
#12 Overall

Redskins Receive:
#113 Overall
Colts Receive:
DT Albert Haynesworth

Well done. I am assuming that Watkins transitions to OG. I like Little @ WR but the Skins have to improve @ WR more than that - Vincent Jackson from SD would be my bet right now. Are there any rumours of Tate coming out this year?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
Well done. I am assuming that Watkins transitions to OG. I like Little @ WR but the Skins have to improve @ WR more than that - Vincent Jackson from SD would be my bet right now. Are there any rumours of Tate coming out this year?
i agree. as we have discussed already, theres no way we can address all of our needs in one offseason. i thought that with what was available the value to address other needs was greater and i actually have greg little A LOT higher than most people probably do. i think hes easily rd 2 value at a minimum in terms of his abilities to be a #1 receiver i the nfl. sure there is risk but in the 4th round i think that risk is easily worth it. i actually think watkins makes a better OG prospect than he does at OT. he reminds me of logan mankins. there are actually a lot of rumors about tate coming out now that fridge has been let go. he has requested a grade. if he declares than well know he got a good grade and i honestly think he would be the best safety prospect in the draft (counting pat peterson as a cb).
Old 12-22-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

There is simply no way that the Redskins are exiting the first round of the 2011 draft without either Cameron Newton or Jake Locker.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
There is simply no way that the Redskins are exiting the first round of the 2011 draft without either Cameron Newton or Jake Locker.
in the forum mock both of them were gone before my pick.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
You'd be surprised Shanny and son love Grossman and we will probably pick up a crack head like a Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart to compete with him. I'm expecting the worst. I definitely have QB as my #1 need because of the alternate options.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
You'd be surprised Shanny and son love Grossman and we will probably pick up a crack head like a Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart to compete with him. I'm expecting the worst. I definitely have QB as my #1 need because of the alternate options.
what about orton, troy smith, or shaun hill?
Old 12-22-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Troy Smith and Shaun Hill are better than Grossman but definitely not worth waiting another year for a franchise signal caller in what will be a bad QB class unless Luck returns to school. Orton would be ok but then again with our situation he wouldn't be anything more than average.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Troy Smith and Shaun Hill are better than Grossman but definitely not worth waiting another year for a franchise signal caller in what will be a bad QB class unless Luck returns to school. Orton would be ok but then again with our situation he wouldn't be anything more than average.
oh by no means am i saying that if we brought in one of those three that id wait on drafting a qb. all im saying is that id probably prefer any of them over rex to start and still draft a qb too.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Realistically there is no way we beat the Jags or Giants who are both fighting for their playoff lives, hopefully it will be good enough for us to get a top 5 pick. Dallas plays Arizona this weekend which will help us regardless of who wins, also Detroit plays Minnesota next week which again will help us regardless of who wins. Sucks rooting against our team, but we really need as high of a pick as possible to not only ensure we get the QB we want but also have flexibility to move down and get maximum value or even if we are close enough move up and get Luck. If Luck goes back to school that will really hurt us. Moves every QB one team up.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
If Luck goes back to school that will really hurt us. Moves every QB one team up.
i disagree. i think if luck doesnt declare that carolina goes another route with the first pick and it keeps all other qbs in the same spot pretty much.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I don't know I can definitely see hte aura of Newton going #1 although I agree since they already have Claussen doesn't make sense to go for a guy who isn't a guaranteed slam dunk which Luck appears to be.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

If you have to choose between Cam Newton and Jake Locker, which one do you guys want more?

And which do you think Shanahan covets more? I'm sure he's narrowed it down to these two guys if he can't get Andrew Luck. I mean, they're both mobile QBs with big arms. Both fit the Shanahan play-action offense perfectly, no?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Both are dangerous picks but I prefer Cam and I'd be a liar if I didn't say it's partly because he has the it factor. Aside from that his mobility will always help him as he develops as a passer and I do like the little we've seen of his arm. Rocket arm but nice touch. I do think Shanny will like Locker more though but really IMO interviews will play as much of a part than anything else and it's questionable whether or not Shanny will like Cam's personality.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not another Auburn quarterback. Cam will probably bust. He's a major project.

I'd take Locker or Mallet over him in a heartbeat. I'd rather get a guy in a later round than see the Skins draft him.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

at this point id prefer cam then locker then mallett. but that can change with lockers senior bowl and combine.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

Washington Redskins

Draft

Trades

Redskins Receive:
#12 Overall
#108 Overall
Vikings Receive:
#8 Overall

Redskins Receive:
#27 Overall
#91 Overall
#123 Overall
LB Jarrett Johnson
Ravens Receive:
#12 Overall

Redskins Receive:
#113 Overall
Colts Receive:
DT Albert Haynesworth

Updated Depth Chart - http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...5&#post2432765
Curious,
what players did the vikes and the ravens get when they traded up with us?
And why wouldnt we want them?(shades of the falcons trade that got them tackle sam baker).
The ravens gave us jarrett johnson!!!!!!-hell yeah!

In round 2 would love the skins to pick up some wisniewski/pouncey/cannon but having looked at the current list of free agents there is not much out there at free safety OR nose tackle.
Tate over rahim moore(ucla) or deunta williams(north carol.)?
In round 2 i'd be looking at guys like powe/fua or knowing how shanny takes a flier on risky picks-marvin austin.
Not much left in rounds 5-7 for a decent nose tackle.
Barksdale and w.r. greg little are good value but i can see q.b. devlin going early second.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Mock Offseason 12.28:

Release/Let Go
Jammal Brown, OT - Injuries and not worth the money he'll want
Casey Rabach, C - Age and sucks
Maake Kemoeatu, NT- Age, injuries, and hasnt played well
Rocky McIntosh, ILB - Doesnt fit and will get offered more money elsewhere
Andre Carter, LB - Bad fit and aging
Carlos Rogers, CB - Just not working here, can't catch, will get a big contract somewhere
Donovan McNabb, QB - Writings on the wall
Clinton Portis, RB - Sad to see him go the way he has
Philip Daniels, DE - Too old
Vonnie Holliday, DE - Even older
Stephon Heyer, OL - Would consider resigning as a backup but hes just not good
Mike Sellers, FB - Have loved him in DC but will be 36 next year
Santana Moss, WR - Hardest decision IMO, Is it worth signing him to a long term deal on a rebuilding team?

Resign
Will Montgomery, OG/C - Good depth player
Anthony Armstrong, WR - Has earned a longer deal
Phil Buchanon, CB - Veteran presence in secondary, has played ok this year
Reed Doughty, SS - Good box tackler, shouldnt be starter
H.B. Blades, ILB - Decent depth at ILB and special teams
Chris Wilson, OLB - Situational pass rusher
Anthony Bryant, NT - Big body and decent depth but not a starter
Rex Grossman, QB - Not a lot of option, has shown he at least isnt as bad as I thought he would be

FA Pickups
Ryan Harris, OT
Richard Marshall, CB
Stephen Bowen, DE
Shawne Merriman, OLB
Desmond Bishop, ILB

Trade
Albert Haynesworth to TENN for there 4th round pick

Draft
Round 1, Pick 12 - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Round 2, Pick 44 - Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Penn State
Round 4, Pick 105 (via Ten) - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor