Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I truly hope Shanny/Allen aren't bs'ing us about rebuilding the right way through the draft and getting more picks. The Mcnabb trade put doubt in my mind.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Guys mind if I drop some info?

Redskins aren't bringing back Carlos Rogers, Rocky McIntosh, and might not bring back Jammal Brown because he wants LT money for the RT position.

Also, McNabb's done in the burgundy and gold. They're going to trade him. There's one team that's got a strong possibility of trading for him, but I'm going to keep that under wraps for the time being. If they can't trade him; they're cutting him, but the former is more likely.

There are two QBs they're looking at bringing in outside of the draft: Matt Hasselbeck and Vince Young. Take that for what it's worth.

They're NOT interested in Jake Locker and will not draft him nor Cam Newton even though he's likely not going to be available anyway at #10.

They do have interest in two QBs: Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick.

With the 10th pick, if Robert Quinn is there, they're likely to draft him there. Otherwise, they're trading down to get more picks.

In the 2nd round, they're extremely interested in Ryan Williams.

Just some info I've come across here and there. :)
Orakpowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Redskins aren't bringing back Carlos Rogers, Rocky McIntosh, and might not bring back Jammal Brown because he wants LT money for the RT position.

Also, McNabb's done in the burgundy and gold. They're going to trade him. There's one team that's got a strong possibility of trading for him, but I'm going to keep that under wraps for the time being. If they can't trade him; they're cutting him, but the former is more likely.

There are two QBs they're looking at bringing in outside of the draft: Matt Hasselbeck and Vince Young. Take that for what it's worth.

They're NOT interested in Jake Locker and will not draft him nor Cam Newton even though he's likely not going to be available anyway at #10.

With the 10th pick, if Robert Quinn is there, they're likely to draft him there. Otherwise, they're trading down to get more picks.

I'm not disputing any of this. I'm just wondering were you came across all this info. Is it just from reading/gathering info from the internet or is it some insider. If it is the latter you don't have to reveal your source or anything, just curious.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in my current mock ive got the skins trading down in the first to pick up another 2nd round pick and taking ryan williams in the late 2nd. ive heard similar rumors flying around about their interest in ryan williams and i do see the fit but definitely hope they can acquire more picks in the first 3 rounds if they plan to take a qb or rb with any of those picks. if we dont take a qb in the first, i still dont want one till the 4th though. hopefully we can get something for mcnabb that we can use in that late 3rd early 4th range.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Hope you are right about the skins wanting more picks, although I wouldn't mind Quinn or Green if they dropped. Glad they won't take Locker at 10 if true.

I wouldn't really mind VY to be honest, at least he's got some upside.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
I'm not disputing any of this. I'm just wondering were you came across all this info. Is it just from reading/gathering info from the internet or is it some insider. If it is the latter you don't have to reveal your source or anything, just curious.
It's from insiders.

I wouldn't make this stuff up about my favorite team, promise.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Another Quarterback that the skins have been linked with is Greg McElroy.
We'll know for sure by the end of the month.

I really hope they reach agreement with Jammal Brown because if he walks then thats right up there with the McNabb trade,Haynesworth drama and switch to a 3-4 which sets this club further back in the nfc east.
In round 2 they "should" be looking at D-Line/O-Line/L.B. or QB before taking ryan williams.
Unless they manage to pick up extra picks.

Plus, McNabb can be traded for another player,rather than another pick.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably the only Skins fan here who has been on the train, but I am really high on Prince Amukamara. If Von Miller and Cam Jordan are gone which they should be, I'd consider Prince right up there with Julio Jones, J.J. Watt, etc.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm probably the only Skins fan here who has been on the train, but I am really high on Prince Amukamara. If Von Miller and Cam Jordan are gone which they should be, I'd consider Prince right up there with Julio Jones, J.J. Watt, etc.
If the Skins dump Rogers, I would have no problem with Amukamara @ #10.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
If the Skins dump Rogers, I would have no problem with Amukamara @ #10.
i do like that prince played a lot of man coverage at Nebraska but i still get haunted by that game against blackmon. based on what ive seen from him on film and reading various reports hes clearly an elite talent. i think he would fair well against smaller faster receivers like desean but worry about him holding up against more physical guys like dez and nicks. i know prince is touted as being a physical corner, having converted from rb and playing a lot of press at nebraska, but those types of receivers seem to be the ones that have given him any real trouble. definitely a lot of upside and all the rights tools though. might be a good compliment to dhall considering prince isnt much of a playmaker.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Redskins are very likely trading down unless Marcell Dareus or Robert Quinn are there.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Redskins are very likely trading down unless Marcell Dareus or Robert Quinn are there.
Do they have their eye on AJ Green if he is there at 10 as well?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Do they have their eye on AJ Green if he is there at 10 as well?
Not likely. If he falls to 10, it's an ideal time to trade down if Quinn is gone. Quinn's 99% the pick if he's at 10.

Shanahan has an eye for offensive talent; remember, he picked Brandon Marshall in the fourth round, so when WR's not addressed early, don't fret.

The depth of this receiving class is deep, which is good.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
TaylorMade
Rookie

TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not likely. If he falls to 10, it's an ideal time to trade down if Quinn is gone. Quinn's 99% the pick if he's at 10.

Shanahan has an eye for offensive talent; remember, he picked Brandon Marshall in the fourth round, so when WR's not addressed early, don't fret.

The depth of this receiving class is deep, which is good.
Any word on who'd be targeted in a trade down?

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09
TaylorMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
Any word on who'd be targeted in a trade down?
That I'm not sure about.

The wheels are in motion to move to 14...
Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
That I'm not sure about.

The wheels are in motion to move to 14...
It seems like they are thinking DL/pass rusher from what you've said earlier. Maybe trade down to that 14 spot and a pick up a guy like Cam Jordan.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
It seems like they are thinking DL/pass rusher from what you've said earlier. Maybe trade down to that 14 spot and a pick up a guy like Cam Jordan.
I've been told it will be the best DL/OLB available if they do indeed trade down.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams would love to move from 14 to 10 to get Julio, but really can't afford anything more than a 3rd. The Rams have a few holes to fill too. It would be enticing though. The Bradford / Julio connection for the next 10 years would be exciting.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
The Rams would love to move from 14 to 10 to get Julio, but really can't afford anything more than a 3rd. The Rams have a few holes to fill too. It would be enticing though. The Bradford / Julio connection for the next 10 years would be exciting.
It'll be no more than a switch in firsts and a 3rd most likely.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think they will pick CK or Dalton in the second round if available?

I always thought Shanahan was a huge Locker fan, so that surprises me they would not get him at 10.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Do you think they will pick CK or Dalton in the second round if available?

I always thought Shanahan was a huge Locker fan, so that surprises me they would not get him at 10.
Dalton's a possibility. I know they're definitely interested in him, but it all depends on what happens if they can trade down and somehow get an extra second.

Locker will not be a Redskin. I just shake my head when people suggest it over and over. Haha.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just remember all the talk last year of Shannahan taking him at 4 last year if he declared.

What are they looking to get for McNabb? Are they trying to trade Fat Al too?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
What are they looking to get for McNabb? Are they trying to trade Fat Al too?
trying and succeeding are two completely different paths. would love to see both traded but think its more likely to be for 2012 compensation.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Dalton's a possibility. I know they're definitely interested in him, but it all depends on what happens if they can trade down and somehow get an extra second.

Locker will not be a Redskin. I just shake my head when people suggest it over and over. Haha.
Nick, I know you said Quinn or trade down basically at 10 but what about Bowers since I know some people have him falling now?

I had heard today on the radio that there were good reports on his knee recently.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Nick, I know you said Quinn or trade down basically at 10 but what about Bowers since I know some people have him falling now?

I had heard today on the radio that there were good reports on his knee recently.
I'm not sure where they are on him; I've heard nothing, so I can't say definitively one way or the other.

His medical re-check showed signs of long-term arthritis and weakness according to Evan Silva.