Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick, do the Skins like Kerrigan?

Having Kerrigan and Orakpo as 3-4 OLB would be pretty sick. The more I think of it I think Dalton would be a good pick.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I just remember all the talk last year of Shannahan taking him at 4 last year if he declared.

What are they looking to get for McNabb? Are they trying to trade Fat Al too?

I missed this yesterday. They're trying to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for McNabb. Be it this year or next. Personally, if it's a 3rd, I want it to be for next year because next year's draft class is better.

As for Haynesworth, he likely ain't going anywhere and is going to rot on the bench. Lol.

Quote:

Having Kerrigan and Orakpo as 3-4 OLB would be pretty sick. The more I think of it I think Dalton would be a good pick.
I asked this, but I was told that if they do trade down, they're going to take the best DL/OLB left when they pick. If it's Kerrigan, he'll be their man.

And I agree about Dalton.
Orakpowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they could just get whatever the could for Haynesworth. What a waste of money.

Do you know what positions the Skins are targeting as the major needs throughout the draft? They do have 8 picks so I hope they are scouting guys pegged as late rounders closely. They have a lot of holes and an aging roster.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is there really a position other than SS, TE and LT that they should not be targetting?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

That I don't know what all positions they're interested in.

This is what I do know:
They want Quinn at 10 if he's there. If he's not, they're probably going to trade down. As I've said before, they've talked to the Rams about trading down to 14. As of right now, I don't know where that stands. As soon as I find out, I'll pass it along.

The players I know they're interested in are Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Quinn, and Ryan Williams.

Again, if they trade down, they're going to take the best OLB/DL left. I have no clue right now who that is.

There's a report out that they're looking to move to #2. That is completely false. In that same report, there's a mention that the Redskins should trade for Calvin Johnson. That part isn't completely false. I asked and was told it's true, BUT to take it with a grain of salt, so don't look forward to that happening. Just thought that part was interesting.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
is there really a position other than SS, TE and LT that they should not be targetting?
This.

Basically this crappy roster needs everything.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I don't know why they want Quinn...the injury history is kind of scary to invest a high first round pick in. I hope they do their homework on him or he can turn into Malcolm Kelly. This draft is stacked with OLB prospects, spending a 10th overall pick seems kind of questionable since they already have Orakpo.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
I don't know why they want Quinn...the injury history is kind of scary to invest a high first round pick in. I hope they do their homework on him or he can turn into Malcolm Kelly. This draft is stacked with OLB prospects, spending a 10th overall pick seems kind of questionable since they already have Orakpo.
I'm not worried about the injuries. I don't think they'll be a factor.

As for it being questionable since they already have Orakpo, I disagree with you. I think it's vital to get a player like Quinn opposite Orakpo. Having just Orakpo, the defense became more predictable because teams knew he was rushing because there wasn't really a threat from Carter or Alexander. Having Quinn would open up the defense more and allow for more blitzes because the offenses won't know which player's blitzing. I honestly think Quinn has a higher ceiling than Orakpo.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I hope they trade down. Don't wanna get into an argument about it with you Nick, as you provide me a nice distraction at work :)
Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Quote:

The Skins have brought in Kerrigan,RB mark Ingram and LB quan Sturdivant for workouts.
So they are exploring moving down,BUT they still havent brought in Locker.
Hmmm.
Shanny doesnt usually bring in the guy he is interested in so a few of you may be in for a nasty surprise!

For the record,if he does get to trade down then i'd be happier with a Kerrigan or cameron Jordan BUT the Skins DO need a young QB.
In THIS draft.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Redskins aren't touching Locker. Period.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

HOWEVER, how would you all feel if the Redskins traded down and took a QB late first round?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

If they did it would be a good move on their part. Better value pick and they would get additional draft picks.

I hope they do not draft CK, if they don't like Locker I don't see why they would like CK. They are both the same type of QB but Locker is the better prospect.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

No CK or Locker.

I'll give you a hint. The Redskins have had a goo..great QB from this school before. ;-)
Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Let me guess...Slinging Sammy Baugh TCU

Andy Dalton TCU
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Let me guess...Slinging Sammy Baugh TCU

Andy Dalton TCU
Bingo! It's not a lock, obviously, but don't be surprised if they trade down more than once in the first round. :)
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Do you know what they like in him to hold him in such regard?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Dalton if he is there at 41 but IMO first round is a bit high for a guy who is so limited like Dalton. I love his intangibles, size, and ok size, but he simply has a mediocre arm. At least he can push the ball out quick though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Do you know what they like in him to hold him in such regard?
Not specifically, but Kyle LOVES him. Remember Mike said he wants a younger McNabb or Bradford. Dalton could be considered that. Extremely smart, athletic, and most importantly, ACCURATE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I wouldn't mind Dalton if he is there at 41 but IMO first round is a bit high for a guy who is so limited like Dalton. I love his intangibles, size, and ok size, but he simply has a mediocre arm. At least he can push the ball out quick though.

It will likely be the first round late so a team can't jump them in the 2nd round and get him. And arm strength is extremely overrated. If they're a QB in the NFL, they have the arm strength. Accuracy is the most important attribute, and Dalton has that. :)

Also, they might look to trade down with St. Louis, San Diego, and New England if Quinn's not at 10 to try to get an extra 2nd and snag Stephen Paea and Ryan Williams.

If they get Quinn at 10, they might try to move from 41 into the late first for Dalton.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

If they trade down and get good compensation I could see them getting him in the late first.

Maybe the Pats are targeting someone they want at 10. They have plenty of picks to part with.

If they Skins were able to come away with Dalton in the late first and maybe Brooks Reed in the second that would be great.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I could see the McNabb/Dalton comparisons. They are the same height but McNabb is thicker at 240. They are both mobile and can make plays with their feet. Arm Strength goes to McNabb but other than that they have similar skillsets.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
I could see the McNabb/Dalton comparisons. They are the same height but McNabb is thicker at 240. They are both mobile and can make plays with their feet. Arm Strength goes to McNabb but other than that they have similar skillsets.
Andy's wayyyyyy more accurate too. :)
Old 04-13-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

HAHA True. Do you know anyone else besides Quinn, R. Williams and Dalton they are looking at?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
HAHA True. Do you know anyone else besides Quinn, R. Williams and Dalton they are looking at?
Stephen Paea if they can get another pick in the 2nd round.

Not sure on any others, but you know I'll pass them along as I find out. :)
Old 04-13-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Thanks...hope im not buggin you