Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry fellas not drinking the Dalton cool aid yet. I think he's being overrated because it's a horrendous QB class. Any other year he'd be a 4th or 5th rounder viewed as a backup with some starting potential. He is an inferior prospect to Colt McCoy who was a 3rd round pick, so again I think Dalton is the product of two things: a very weak QB class, and the fact that half of the teams in the league need a starting QB. I honestly am not confident in him as a franchise QB, I view him more as a stop gap thus I don't want him in the first. If Kevin Kolb is not traded for a first rounder I don't see how Dalton would be worth one and I'm not even a huge Kolb fan. When comparing Locker to Dalton you have to consider level of competition and system. While his accuracy has issues Locker at least played in a pro style offense and has velocity to his throws. Also Locker is a far better thrower on the run than Dalton. Dalton slides well in the pocket but his accuracy outside of the pocket is not good. His numbers are skewed due to his gimmicky offense. Most of TCU's stuff were screens in the backfield and quick hits. Dalton has never had to make more than his initial reads. Also outside of the mountain west when he's faced physical D-lines he has struggled. He does not face pressure well. Look at when he played Paea and Oregon State 2 INT's, 17 of 27. Fiesta bowl vs Boise, 19 incomplete passes, 3 INT's. He does have some redeeming qualities he's smart, fairly mobile, pretty accurate in his system but for me to feel comfortable drafting early I'm just not sure. Limited upside for sure. And I'm not just hating on him because I don't like any of the QB's this year. Mallett has a cannon but has character issues for days, and horrendous footwork and mobility. Ponder is a horrible decision maker, Kaepernick is athletic with a cannon but his mechanics seem to have no fix. I honestly am willing to sit through a year of Mcnabb or god forbid Grossman if it means we can try our hand next year with guys like Luck, Barkley, Griffin, etc being there, even Landry Jones IMO will be a better prospect than Dalton. If we must go QB trading into the 4th for Stanzi or Enderle seems more attractive with our many needs that need to be addressed early. I feel like drafting a QB just for the sake of drafting one early is a mistake when we need a new RT, 2 new guards, a center, a #1 WR, a #1 RB, a NT, 2 5 tech's, an OLB opposite of Orakpo, an ILB to replace Rocky and prepare for London's retirement, and a CB to replace Carlos.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 04-13-2011 at 10:18 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Thanks...hope im not buggin you
You're not at all.
Orakpowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I feel like drafting a QB just for the sake of drafting one early is a mistake when we need a new RT, 2 new guards, a center, a #1 WR, a #1 RB, a NT, 2 5 tech's, an OLB opposite of Orakpo, an ILB to replace Rocky and prepare for London's retirement, and a CB to replace Carlos.
We'll agree to disagree on Dalton. :) I think he'd be a very good pick, and you don't. We'll see.

As for the right tackle and right guard, they're getting addressed in free agency with Ryan Harris and Davin Joseph. Casey Rabach will be the center this year.

As I stated in a previous post, when they trade down if Quinn's not there, they're going to try to get an extra second and draft Ryan Williams and Stephen Paea. That takes care of RT, RG, NT, RB, QB.

It's not going to happen overnight. :)
Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Harris and Davin Joseph sure things?

Also, with Shanahans success with later round RBs and the devaluing of the position in general why would they want to use a second rounder on an RB?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are Harris and Davin Joseph sure things?

Also, with Shanahans success with later round RBs and the devaluing of the position in general why would they want to use a second rounder on an RB?
I know this question is directed to Nick so I'll let him give us the Skins insight, but as far as my opinion of course Harris and Joseph aren't sure things assuming we do have free agency. No doubt we will target them, but if they are willing to come here is a whole different situation. As far as Shanny I agree I don't want a RB early but I do like the Williams fit and while Shanny has had success with undrafted guys it's not like he hasn't drafted RB's fairly early. He drafted Portis in the 2nd, Clarett in the 3rd, Tatum Bell in the 2nd, Quentin Griffin in the 4th. The fact that his track record drafting RB's is not good is a bit scrary but without a cohesive line like the Broncos had, having a talented RB is a must. I'd love Williams but with our many needs RB is the easiest position to fill, in fact I wouldn't be uncomfortable with Torrain as our starter if it weren't for the injury issues. I'd be just as happy with some 2nd tier guys who can be just as good as Williams like Vereen and Delone Carter who will be available later. Even late round guys like Powell and Helu have starter potential. The same can't be said for any other position in later rounds.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

You can almost order your Ryan Harris jersey right now. Not 100% on Davin, but I think he'll be signed based on what's been said.

As for why draft Williams, we're two to thee years from being where we need to be. It doesn't matter when you fill your holes as long as you fill them. It does matter who you fill them with, though.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to spend one of our few early picks on a RB like Williams. I think we have too many other important holes to fill plus I'm fine with Torain/late round/whatever scrap heap RB shanny can pull for next year. I'd rather get the line in order first.

Especially if you are taking a QB this year, this line is godawful and you're number 1 priority after drafting a QB should be to protect him. The info about Rabach starting again next year made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
I don't want to spend one of our few early picks on a RB like Williams. I think we have too many other important holes to fill plus I'm fine with Torain/late round/whatever scrap heap RB shanny can pull for next year. I'd rather get the line in order first.

Especially if you are taking a QB this year, this line is godawful and you're number 1 priority after drafting a QB should be to protect him. The info about Rabach starting again next year made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Me too. lol.

Again, they're looking to trade down multiple times to get at least 3 picks in the first two rounds to take a QB (Dalton), RB (Williams), and NT(Paea) if they can't get Quinn. If they get Quinn, it's less likely they get Williams because they want to trade back up for Dalton. Simply put- they want Quinn and Dalton.

Another running back to be on the lookout for is Damien Berry. I remember hearing they like both Williams and Berry in the late rounds.

If they don't get Quinn, and they get the two linemen I think they're going to get offense won't look bad.

Moss----Cooley--Williams--Lichensteiger--Rabach--Joseph--Harris----WR
.................................................. ...Dalton/Grossman
.................................................. ........Young
.................................................. .......R. Williams

Not bad. Still have to upgrade center and receiver, but the rest of the line is pretty good once they get PT together. Lich played very well late last year, so I hope he keeps it up. I have no clue about receiver other than Santana will 100% be back. I'm hoping Allen can wheel and deal and get another 3rd round pick and get Greg Little perhaps, but that's just me hoping and having no clue in which direction they're looking at for WR.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the past three drafts for fun:

Round One- OT Trent Williams
Round Four- LB Perry Riley
Round Six- FB Dennis Morris - No longer with Team
Round Seven- WR Terrence Austin
Round Seven- C Erik Cook
Round Seven- OT Selvish Capers

Round One - OLB Brian Orakpo
Round Three - CB Kevin Barnes
Round Five - LB Cody Glenn - No longer with Team
Round Six - LB Robert Henson
Round Seven - TE Eddie Williams - No longer with Team
Round Seven - WR Marko Mitchell - No longer with Team

Round Two - WR Devin Thomas - No longer with Team
Round Two - TE Fred Davis
Round Two - WR Malcolm Kelly
Round Three - OL Chad Rhinehart - No longer with Team
Round Four - CB Justin Tryon - No longer with Team
Round Six - P Durant Brooks - No longer with Team
Round Six - FS Kareem Moore
Round Six - QB Colt Brennan - No longer with Team
Round Seven - DE Rob Jackson
Round Seven - FS Chris Horton

9 of 22 players are no longer with the team.
12 of 22 picks were six or seventh rounders

Redskins Picks in the 2011 Draft:
Round 1 Pick 10
Round 2 Pick 9
Round 5 Pick 13
Round 5 Pick 24
Round 6 Pick 12
Round 7 Pick 11
Round 7 Pick 22
Round 7 Pick 52
Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I still don't get the Quinn obsession. Shanny's forte is not evaluating defensive talent.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
I still don't get the Quinn obsession. Shanny's forte is not evaluating defensive talent.
He's drafted linebacker in the first round more than any other position.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I guess the Jarvis Moss pick scares me off
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Just to clarify Ryan Harris was pretty bad last year. Obviously better than Heyer but anyone expecting him to be any better than the Skins version of Jamaal Brown will likely be upset. Although of course anyone that isn't Heyer is a big plus.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

I have something to say..PM me if you want to know what it is...It's pretty important. lol
Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Just for grins and giggles, how would everyone like this draft:

10th pick is traded to the Rams for their 14th and 78th. We then flip down to 18 with San Diego and get their 82nd pick. Trade one more time down with New England for the 28th overall pick and get their 92nd pick.

We'd have:
28th overall
41st overall
78th overall
92nd overall
144th overall
155th overall
177th overall
213th overall
224th overall
255th overall

28th - Dalton or Locker
41st - Stephen Paea
78th - Ryan Williams
92nd - Johnny Patrick
144th - Terrence Toliver
155th - Lawrence Guy
177th - Keith Williams
213th - Mark Herzlich
224th - Jake Kirkpatrick
255th - Andrew Jackson

Summary:
1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 DL, 2 OG, 1 OLB, 1 CB, 1 C
Old 04-15-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

whats the important thing you have to say?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Jake Kirkpatrick, Mark Herzlich, and Andrew Jackson are not 7th round picks, wouldn't shock me to see Jackson go early round 4. Also from what I hear many teams have Johnny Patrick as the #3 CB on their draft boards and it's unlikely he falls out of the 2nd.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Jake Kirkpatrick, Mark Herzlich, and Andrew Jackson are not 7th round picks, wouldn't shock me to see Jackson go early round 4. Also from what I hear many teams have Johnny Patrick as the #3 CB on their draft boards and it's unlikely he falls out of the 2nd.
I agree. I have Jake a 4th rounder, Herzlich a 5th rounder, and Jackson was a mistake. I meant Andrew Phillips from Stanford, my apologies.

I put them in the 7th round because I've seen Herzlich ranked as low as 212 overall prospect and Kirkpatrick 228th.

I LOVE Johnny Patrick. He's my favorite corner in the draft. I've gotten blasted so many times for my mancrush on him. Haha. I'd love to get him in the 3rd if he falls.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Rumors,rumors,rumors..............

that time of the year again,
apparently the rams are trading up with dallas to get julio jones because they think the skins want the alabama wideout(as opposed to the QB).
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Skins may love Robert Quinn but IMO Aldon Smith is the best fit for us after Von Miller in terms of 3-4 OLB's. We need someone to complement Orakpo on the other side, not someone who is a carbon copy minus the strength. Guys like Quinn and Kerrigan are lesser versions of Orakpo. Aldon Smith actually has the type of rangy and athletic abillity to be excellent in coverage as well as pass the rusher. He doesn't move mechanically like Quinn and Kerrigan, he's a smooth athlete. Aldon Smith reminds me of Manny Lawson but with more pass rush ability. Manny Lawson is actually a guy I want to go after if he's not asking for too much money. He's not a great pass rusher but he's great against the run and in coverage.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Skins may love Robert Quinn but IMO Aldon Smith is the best fit for us after Von Miller in terms of 3-4 OLB's. We need someone to complement Orakpo on the other side, not someone who is a carbon copy minus the strength. Guys like Quinn and Kerrigan are lesser versions of Orakpo. Aldon Smith actually has the type of rangy and athletic abillity to be excellent in coverage as well as pass the rusher. He doesn't move mechanically like Quinn and Kerrigan, he's a smooth athlete. Aldon Smith reminds me of Manny Lawson but with more pass rush ability. Manny Lawson is actually a guy I want to go after if he's not asking for too much money. He's not a great pass rusher but he's great against the run and in coverage.
Of the guys you mentioned I do believe Aldon Smith fits the 3/4 better than the others (excluding Miller, but we'll have no shot at him). However I do think Smith, Quinn, Kerrigan are better in a 4/3 (as is Orakpo). I'm not against taking an OLB with a mid round pick (Carter, KJ Wright) and addressing other needs with our earlier picks. Lord knows we have enough needs on the Skins to spread our picks around.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

:-)

Robert Quinn is their guy if he's at ten. I can't reiterate it enough.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The Washington Redskins play only six teams with .500 records or better and have the league's fourth-easiest schedule at .473."

On paper it looks like a good schedule but personally going through I'm worried about winning 8 games.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McShays 3 scenarios for the Skins:

Scenario 1: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin - With no quarterback or nose tackle worth the pick, Watt would still offer an immediate upgrade to the defensive front seven. He has the size and strength to two-gap as a 5-technique and can potentially provide more on passing downs than most 3-4 ends in the NFL.

Scenario 2: Robert Quinn, OLB, UNC - We've heard a lot about the Redskins being enamored with Watt, but Quinn is higher on a lot of boards and would also be an option.

Scenario 3: Trade - General manager Bruce Allen likes to wheel and deal, so Washington could work a trade for a quarterback, either moving up for one of the top two or back for Locker.

All 3 seem accurate to me except trading up. I just can't see any way that happens. I'd be content with Locker too in a trade down scenario if we picked up decent value like another 2nd rounder.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea at this point it's pretty obvious we are going to take a QB and if we're going to take a chance on any of these guys outside of the top 2 I would be most confident in Locker. Thing is he might go higher than expected so how far do we trade back? Like you said it would be real nice to get another 2nd instead of a 3rd.

If we stay at 10 Quinn/Green/Watt/Smith/Jones would all make me pretty happy.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote