Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dalton or Locker, who do you want?
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Dalton or Locker, who do you want?
depends. bottom of the first i want locker over dalton no question. but i might take dalton in the 3rd round over locker in the first. dont want either in the 2nd round.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Dalton > Locker in Kyle's offense.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakpowned View Post
Dalton > Locker in Kyle's offense.
If you are talking about moving the pocket and or throwing left or right on the run then Locker dwarfs Dalton.

Whether Dalton in the subsequent rounds is less of a gamble than Locker at #10, that is certainly debatable.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Shanahan has been mum on the whole process and Locker has not come to Redskins Park for an official visit makes me think that is who they are targeting at 10.

Was Cutler expected to go at pick 11 or was he a mid to late first round projection? I think if Shanahan sees a QB he likes he will not view it as a strectch. I don't think Kyle would object to haivng to work with Locker if that is who they draft.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shanahan supposedly didnt tell the organization he was taking cutler till the morning of the draft.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

This is Kyle Shanahan's offense, not Mike's. Mike wanted McNabb last year, Kyle did NOT, and we all know how that worked out = McNabb ain't takin' another snap in a Redskins uniform again. Ever.

Locker's more athletic, yeah, but it's not vital in Kyle's offense. Look at the numbers Matt Schaub put up in Kyle's O and he's not exactly a track star.

They're going to make a gut decision on draft day on which QB they want. They will NOT draft Jake Locker at 10. No chance.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is Kyle Shanahan's offense, not Mike's. Mike wanted McNabb last year, Kyle did NOT, and we all know how that worked out = McNabb ain't takin' another snap in a Redskins uniform again. Ever.

Locker's more athletic, yeah, but it's not vital in Kyle's offense. Look at the numbers Matt Schaub put up in Kyle's O and he's not exactly a track star.

They're going to make a gut decision on draft day on which QB they want. They will NOT draft Jake Locker at 10. No chance.
There was another poster in here who was emphatic about what Mike Shanahan was going to do (maybe a differant alias). Unless you are the man himself i wouldnt sell it as being the truth or you're going to have to eat some crow come draft day.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
There was another poster in here who was emphatic about what Mike Shanahan was going to do (maybe a differant alias). Unless you are the man himself i wouldnt sell it as being the truth or you're going to have to eat some crow come draft day.
It was me probably. I changed my name so I'd be more discreet.

And I'll eat crow if Locker is drafted by the Redskins at 10. :)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might be Kyle's offense but Mike runs the show and Kyle wouldn't be where he is at today without his dad.

I did like seeing Dalton on the Gruden show, I did not see him much in college, he wasn't considered a potential first rounder until a few weeks ago. I think Colt McCoy is who he compares with the most. Dalton seems like he would be a good pick but I also wouldn't mind seeing Locker get drafted by the Skins. If they choose to go with either of those guys I do think they can perform well under the Shanahans and be able to develop.

The QB situation has been a joke in Washington since Brad Johnson left. The Spurrier QB carousel, the Brunell era, the Jason Campbell debacle, McNabb leading to Sexy Rexy. If anything, QB is the most glaring need of this organization. If you see someone that can be the potential face of the franchise you go after him.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thing is I don't believe in drafting a first round QB just so you can proclaim them a franchise QB. Making a QB a first rounder doesn't make them a franchise QB. Same goes for Jason Campbell. I had him in his draft class pegged at highest early 2nd round to Cleveland, yet we took him at 25 and he immediately got proclaimed a "franchise QB." For Dalton he does seem like a poor man's Colt McCoy. IMO he's a 3rd/4th rounder wh will go round 1 or early 2 and people will expect him to be a franchise QB when in all honesty I think being an average starting QB is his ceiling in the NFL.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could live with either one I think. I like Locker's potential/toughness but I also like the accuracy of Dalton, and I believe that accuracy is the most important attribute for an NFL QB. Take one and pray the football gods don't crap on us again.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be completely comfortable with not taking a QB tbh. Obviously if we took one I'd have hope, but I wouldn't be uspet at the least bit if we didn't. I'd much rather sit through a horrible season of Grossman and waiting till next year if we can land a Robert Quinn or Prince Amukamara, instead of not filling other needs and ending up with a QB who won't take us anywhere ala Jason Campbell.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Hey guys, I've gotten word that there is a new #1 for the Redskins. Not Quinn anymore apparently. I'm trying my best to find it out. If I do, I'll see if it's alright to pass along.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Chief Wiggum
Rookie

Chief Wiggum hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How do they expect to get Gabbert without trading up?
Chief Wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

ive seen some mocks recently where gabbert falls to the skins. i hope to god if that happens we can get good trade value to move down because i for one do not want gabbert. i have him ranked behind locker and if the skins are sold on taking a qb at 10 than i hope its locker over gabbert honestly. fortunately, if Gabbert falls past the Bengals I think its more likely that SF or Tenn take him or someone trades ahead of us to 9 with Dallas for him. Im almost done updating my new big board for our first two rounds and will post it once Im finished.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Agree with Dirty, I don't want Gabbert...I'd rather have Locker.

Also, I kind of agree with STRIP...If it were up to me I don't think I would even take a QB this year. I would fill as many holes as possible with this deep draft and just take a QB next year.

Last edited by 2 Live Crew : 04-26-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

It IS possible they trade up for Gabbert...
Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Chief Wiggum
Rookie

Chief Wiggum hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How? To whom?
Chief Wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
It IS possible they trade up for Gabbert...
Ugh.........
Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

of course its possible. a lot of things are possible. for example, its possible that i drink myself into a coma thursday night following the redskins selection.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
of course its possible. a lot of things are possible. for example, its possible that i drink myself into a coma thursday night following the redskins selection.
If they trade up for Gabbert, you'll have company.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Looking like, if they do in fact make the trade, it will be for this year's 10th and next year's 1st and 3rd....
Old 04-26-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
How? To whom?
Denver for the #2 pick.