Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kerrigan ok, would have wanted Aldon Smith. Kerrigan and Orakpo can't cover ish. I actually think Kerrigan could end up bulking up and playing 5 tech. We'll see, solid pick but would have taken Cam Jordan, Wilkerson, or Prince instead. At least it's not Dalton though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would've liked Jordan or Prince instead but I'll take Kerrigan and the extra pick. Grab me some more lineman or Dalton if he falls to you if you must.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nice pick guys! Kerrigan is sexy.

Plus, you pulled off a helluva trade adding a 2nd rounder.
Makes a difference when you have competent management. I'm not sure how Kerrigan translates to a 3/4 OLB but the character is huge plus.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not moving back to the 4-3???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
You're pulling my leg, right?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

The skins STILL look better as a 4-3 D, i hope they get the best out of Kerrigan(apparently Shanny mentioned Run D when talking of the pick) and not just another square peg in round hole job.
I'd move him around D.E. and OLB spots early on.

The KEY to the skins draft will be what they do with their 2 second rounders.

Gut says they trade up for a QB using a 2012 pick but there is so much talent in round 2(corner/d.t./lb/ryan williams r.b./o-line/wideout/hankerson) that they have a great chance to nail 3 starters.

If they dont get a QB in round 2 look out for McElroy in round 5.

The giants and eagles helped themselves with their first picks but i'll wait and see who uses the whole draft better.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That what i was about to say. Maybe a change back to the 4-3.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the Kerrigan pick coming but it was a good pick. I wonder if they target QB in the second? Cinci, SF and Buffalo all need QBs and pick before the Skins do. Dalton, Mallet and Stanzi should be the next three off the board. I am thinking more and more that the Skins might like Stanzi, no real buzz around him to the Skins all offseason. He has a similar skillset to Schaub. I hope they do not target Colin Kaepernick. I think they could come out of the second round with a QB and WR (Torry Smith/Hankerson).
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for,

41) Redskins - Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas

49) Redskins - Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech

or if we draft OL/DL with these next two picks and pick up greg mcelroy in the 5th, OK with me
FloridaSkinzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
ive seen some mocks recently where gabbert falls to the skins. i hope to god if that happens we can get good trade value to move down because i for one do not want gabbert. i have him ranked behind locker
clearly i am pleased with our first round
Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts for Day 2?

Wouldn't mind Dalton if he fell to us but Cincy will probably take him unless we trade up.

If it were me I'd just take lineman and just take a late round QB flier probably.

Paea/Austin for the DL at 41 would be nice. Ijalana/Hudson/Wisniewski for OL would be fine with me.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an awful feeling we take Kaepernick. I like the Kerrigan pick, don't love it. It's a shame we continue to not draft for our 34. Kerrigan can play in our defense but again just like Rocky McIntosh he's not a great fit. I had him all the way as a 43 end. He simply doesn't play well outside of the hash marks, he's stiff and mechanical. The Chris Long comparison is actually pretty valid. I'm a sad panda we passed on Cam Jordan and Wilkerson. Especially when you consider when could have had a nice OLB and better fit at 41. Sheard, Acho, Moch, Ayers, Wilson, Carter, are all still on the board. Hoping 48 is a RB or WR. Preference would be WR.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea i really hope they don't draft CK. I hope his hype is more a product of media hype. I just don't really like him for some reason. I do hope they take Dalton, Mallet or Stanzi with their first pick tonight.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Kaepernick is like Jason Campbell with wost mechanics but quicker release and stronger arm. I don't hate Kaep as much as most. I'd rather have Dalton but I don't mind him as a project.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Yea I just think CK would be overdrafted. I really don't even know if the Shanahan's are interested in him. They do need to come away with a QB with starting potential though in this draft because they really have nothing at all.

The hot pick is Dalton but I think Cinci gets him but the rumors were that Kyle is enamored with him.

Mallet probably has enough functional mobility to perform in Shanahan's offense. Historically Shanahan has liked more nimble QBs, but he had success with Griese. Schaub was the younger Shanahan's QB in Houston and he is not what you would consider a mobile QB but he put up great numbers in that offense, Mallet could probably start day 1 if needed and has a huge arm.

Stanzi is my dark horse, I think he is worth a second round pick. He is a pro-style guy, has enough arm strength to make the throws, he is mobile enough, kind of reminds me of Jake Plummer.

Sorry for that ramblings...it sucks having to try to make it through a day of work when all i am doing is eagerly anticipating round 2-3.

If they can get one of these guys and than Smith or Hankerson the Skins would have one of their better drafts in recent memory.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a vicarious Skins fan (went to Colts/Giants games last year, watch every game every week, and root for them like I do the Bills) , who watched the draft with Skins fans, I loved the trade down, and picking up the second rounder (and the set up they have going into the second day)...
I like Kerrigan, but how do they pass on Cameron Jordan or Prince?
Apparently the look on my face gave it away last night, but besides being a high motor, high character guy, how does Kerrigan fit into the Skins 3-4?
Im having a hard time seeing it being the best pick given who was available.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Poz, I guess they saw a need to compliment Orakpo. It is a copycat league and with all these teams going to a 3-4, pass rushers are at a premium.

What do you think they do in the second round?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Poz, I guess they saw a need to compliment Orakpo. It is a copycat league and with all these teams going to a 3-4, pass rushers are at a premium.

What do you think they do in the second round?
First thing I would do is decide on wether or not they are going to run a 3-4 or 4-3 defense. I get the compliment to Orakpo, but IMO, Kerrigan makes little sense if they plan on sticking with the 3-4...
I think they get a QB (trade up for Dalton, or see wether Mallett or Kaepernick falls to them), and start developing him behind Sexy-Rexy.
Then get a corner, defensive lineman, or a WR. Aaron Williams, Davon House, Jarvis Jenkins, Christian Ballard, Randall Cobb, Torry Smith or Leonard Hankerson, all make some sense to me. But what do I know?
Myself, I would trade up for Dalton, then take Cobb.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

If free agency opens today, look for a Redskins/Titans trade involving the Redskins getting Vince Young and a draft pick and the Titans getting Donovan McNabb.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont tease me like that! i love me some vince young! and werent you the one that said we might trade up for gabbert??
Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Haha yeah were are all these things I was hearing of us locked on Gabbert and Quinn. I think it's clear Locker would have been the pick at #10. Also one of you said we were set on Andy Dalton. If we liked him that much we would have taken him at #16 as most viewed him as a first rounder.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Trades happen, people. The deal Jacksonville offered was too good to pass up.

I'll just stop posting info I find out.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakpowned View Post
Trades happen, people. The deal Jacksonville offered was too good to pass up.

I'll just stop posting info I find out.
ha chill out. just givin you a hard time.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Shanny wouldn't put up with Vince Young's BS. No way VY ends up in DC. Im hoping to Stanzi, I think he is flying under the radar.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

If they don't take a QB here in Round 2, I would think that VY is a strong possibility.

Pretty sure they don't want to start the season with Rexy