Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 04:26 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,787
Reputation: 80993
critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

especially if mcnabb and t.o. get back together.. in DC though :) jizz my paaants.
__________________


RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder101 View Post
Trade Laron or Carter and get a 2nd rounder.


Draft Jason Fox and another good OT with our 2 picks.


franchise QB
Two starting calibar OT's.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^and where good to go.
a couple flaws in your plan - fox is being way overrated. he has poor footwork and is bad in the run game which is crucial in shannys offense. no one is giving up a 2nd round for carter. the bust rate of drafting OTs in rd 2 is twice as high as round 1.

i am not a campbell supporter. never have been and dont want him to be our qb for the future. my issue is less with taking a qb and more with the qbs available. clausen is the better talent than bradford but i still dont believe either are worthy of a top 10 pick. they are more like alex smith/bradyquinn type qbs and less like matt ryan/rivers/carson palmer.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
snyder101
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
Reputation: 10
snyder101 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
a couple flaws in your plan - fox is being way overrated. he has poor footwork and is bad in the run game which is crucial in shannys offense. no one is giving up a 2nd round for carter. the bust rate of drafting OTs in rd 2 is twice as high as round 1.
i am not a campbell supporter. never have been and dont want him to be our qb for the future. my issue is less with taking a qb and more with the qbs available. clausen is the better talent than bradford but i still dont believe either are worthy of a top 10 pick. they are more like alex smith/bradyquinn type qbs and less like matt ryan/rivers/carson palmer.
2nd round thing thats not really true. Giants dont have any first rounders nor do NE nor does Packers or Bucs.


But I believe you on not supporting JC ......but you gonna have to believe this if you draft a QB with a bad QB staff your never gonna do good. The guys you named had bad coaches the postive ones you named are the ones who had good coaches. Shanny is 3-0 on making good QB's, Cutler,Elway, Grisese, (Plummer doesnt count he was a Arizona).
We should give them a chance becauses whos too say we are in the postion to draft a QB next year?.
__________________
snyder101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder101 View Post
2nd round thing thats not really true. Giants dont have any first rounders nor do NE nor does Packers or Bucs.


But I believe you on not supporting JC ......but you gonna have to believe this if you draft a QB with a bad QB staff your never gonna do good. The guys you named had bad coaches the postive ones you named are the ones who had good coaches. Shanny is 3-0 on making good QB's, Cutler,Elway, Grisese, (Plummer doesnt count he was a Arizona).
We should give them a chance becauses whos too say we are in the postion to draft a QB next year?.
statistically in the last 25 years it is absolutely true that the bust rate is 2x higher in rd2 olineman than in olineman drafted in rd1. i have it in a spreadsheet that I can send you. in the last 25 years 20% of olineman drafted in the first round have busted after 2 years whereas 40% of 2nd round olineman are not starters after 2 years. also, 40% of rd1 olineman are probowlers vs only 12% of 2nd rounders.

im with you on the qb coaching. its a huge part of what makes a qb but so is having a strong oline as well as sorrounding offensive weapons. i also dont believe that you can include cutler in shannys "success" qbs. he had two pretty good years with shanny statistically but he went 7-9 in 2007 and 8-8 in 2008 and we know what hes done in chicago so far. with that said, if shanny beleives that clausen/bradford are top 5 picks and can lead us to a super bowl than i will trust his decision. hes got the history to back it up. but i dont believe that either are right now.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
snyder101
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
Reputation: 10
snyder101 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
statistically in the last 25 years it is absolutely true that the bust rate is 2x higher in rd2 olineman than in olineman drafted in rd1. i have it in a spreadsheet that I can send you. in the last 25 years 20% of olineman drafted in the first round have busted after 2 years whereas 40% of 2nd round olineman are not starters after 2 years. also, 40% of rd1 olineman are probowlers vs only 12% of 2nd rounders.

im with you on the qb coaching. its a huge part of what makes a qb but so is having a strong oline as well as sorrounding offensive weapons. i also dont believe that you can include cutler in shannys "success" qbs. he had two pretty good years with shanny statistically but he went 7-9 in 2007 and 8-8 in 2008 and we know what hes done in chicago so far. with that said, if shanny beleives that clausen/bradford are top 5 picks and can lead us to a super bowl than i will trust his decision. hes got the history to back it up. but i dont believe that either are right now.

The best thing too do is trade back if we dont go QB. We can pick up more guys and develop them but I herd Colt Mccoy is a guy Shanny wouldnt mind . As for RB the skins should look too pick up Reggie Bush since I think he fits the WCO zone block scheme and has alot of speed.
__________________
snyder101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder101 View Post
The best thing too do is trade back if we dont go QB. We can pick up more guys and develop them but I herd Colt Mccoy is a guy Shanny wouldnt mind . As for RB the skins should look too pick up Reggie Bush since I think he fits the WCO zone block scheme and has alot of speed.
if the saints cut him absolutely. with that performance yesterday though well see what the saints end up doing. a trade back would be great but realistically you dont often see a lot of trades in the top 5 because of the $$ your picks cost. if they somehow get a rookie scale in place in time for this year (highly doubt it) than it would make things easier probably.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 480
Reputation: 7283
2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I wouldn't mind Bush but he doesn't fit the traditional Shanahan mold of RB's in the past...don't see it happening now.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 175
Reputation: 685
treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.
Default

O.T. Jason Fox "is being way overrated" is a different voice ive heard(not knocking you D30 'cause i havent seen him play).

Walterfootball.com has us selecting him in round 2 alot as they reckon he fits Shanny's zone blocking scheme and DraftInsiders scout report on Fox says he is athletic.

Question i will ask is, if we look at Tackle in round 2 who besides Fox will be there?

Charles Brown(usc) likely gone in round 1,Barksdale(lsu) not yet declared and likely a first rounder,gabe Carimi(wisconsin) not yet declared.
The few mocks ive seen are full of d.e.'s/d.t's/r.b's/corners in round 2.

C'mon draftniks what is going to be out there in round 2 for Tackles?

Missed out on alex Gibbs and Dennison as coaches but if we pick up jeff Jagozinski he was at boston college and they have 2 athletic linemen,Center matt Tennant and Left Tackle Castonzo(junior-not yet declared).
Just need to pick up some third rounders.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

i think okung, davis, campbell, bulaga, trent williams, and iupati will go ahead of charles brown so it is reasonable to think he could be there in rd2. i like calloway more than fox even though calloway is primarily a rt prospect. id also take a guy like vladimir ducasse, asamoah, tennant or pouncey who looks like a franchise g/c over fox. small school guys like tony washington and veldheer could really impress at the combine and could see a rise similar to sebastian vollmer did last year when he was drafted rd 2 by the pats.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:57 AM    (permalink
snyder101
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
Reputation: 10
snyder101 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
if the saints cut him absolutely. with that performance yesterday though well see what the saints end up doing. a trade back would be great but realistically you dont often see a lot of trades in the top 5 because of the $$ your picks cost. if they somehow get a rookie scale in place in time for this year (highly doubt it) than it would make things easier probably.
If we get bush than skins need a 2nd down RB ...............I guess Mason???.
__________________
snyder101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:59 AM    (permalink
snyder101
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
Reputation: 10
snyder101 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
O.T. Jason Fox "is being way overrated" is a different voice ive heard(not knocking you D30 'cause i havent seen him play).

Walterfootball.com has us selecting him in round 2 alot as they reckon he fits Shanny's zone blocking scheme and DraftInsiders scout report on Fox says he is athletic.

Question i will ask is, if we look at Tackle in round 2 who besides Fox will be there?

Charles Brown(usc) likely gone in round 1,Barksdale(lsu) not yet declared and likely a first rounder,gabe Carimi(wisconsin) not yet declared.
The few mocks ive seen are full of d.e.'s/d.t's/r.b's/corners in round 2.

C'mon draftniks what is going to be out there in round 2 for Tackles?

Missed out on alex Gibbs and Dennison as coaches but if we pick up jeff Jagozinski he was at boston college and they have 2 athletic linemen,Center matt Tennant and Left Tackle Castonzo(junior-not yet declared).
Just need to pick up some third rounders.
Redskins should pick up Broncos starter Halmton to be our new RG .I think Fox would be in our spot unless he makes a good combine than our early 2nd rould be good . We might pick up Trueblood or that other starter from the Bucs who is a LT to try and come here due too Allen connection.
__________________
snyder101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 175
Reputation: 685
treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i think okung, davis, campbell, bulaga, trent williams, and iupati will go ahead of charles brown so it is reasonable to think he could be there in rd2. i like calloway more than fox even though calloway is primarily a rt prospect. id also take a guy like vladimir ducasse, asamoah, tennant or pouncey who looks like a franchise g/c over fox. small school guys like tony washington and veldheer could really impress at the combine and could see a rise similar to sebastian vollmer did last year when he was drafted rd 2 by the pats.
Im just waiting for more juniors to declare.
Calloway(iowa) is one guy worth looking at as they play a zone blocking system style(but id much prefer his team mate Bulaga).

I think whoever they take at Tackle,Left or Right, they will plug in on the right side of the skins line,much like Oher started out on the right at the ravens until injury struck.

Veldheer was on my list,6foot9(?)and a fast forty time,but coming from a small school i was hoping he be around in round 4 like Haslam.
Guard Asamoah comes from Shanahan's home state so you never know, but he'd have to be special to take early in round 2.
Hoping we pick up someone like G/C Amano(titans) in free agency.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
Im just waiting for more juniors to declare.
Calloway(iowa) is one guy worth looking at as they play a zone blocking system style(but id much prefer his team mate Bulaga).

I think whoever they take at Tackle,Left or Right, they will plug in on the right side of the skins line,much like Oher started out on the right at the ravens until injury struck.

Veldheer was on my list,6foot9(?)and a fast forty time,but coming from a small school i was hoping he be around in round 4 like Haslam.
Guard Asamoah comes from Shanahan's home state so you never know, but he'd have to be special to take early in round 2.
Hoping we pick up someone like G/C Amano(titans) in free agency.
I just can't imagine 7 or more oline going before our early 2nd rounder which leads me to think a guy like charles brown, iupati, or vlad should be there early rd2.i I like a lot of the other guys I mentioned but I'm not sure any would be worth an early 2nd rounder. If for some reason those top 7 lineman are gone then I'd prefer best available at rb (dwyer, best, hardesty) or lb (If we go 3-4 we are gonna need more lbers), dt/de (same as lber) or a trade down for one of the other oline I mentioned.

With veldheer, I think your right that he's a 4th rounder right now. But similar to vollmer, he's only got to impress 1 coach at the combine to move up. Early 4th for him is possible though.

Trueblood is a rfa and likely will cost a lot in compensation. I love him as a player but am not sure I'd give a 2nd unless all those top 6-7 oline were gone.

Without a new CBA the oline available are really really limited. With a new cba there are a lot of decent oline that would be avail but without it, it becomes more necessary for oline in the first round.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

great article by espn on the importance of a strong OL in winning the super bowl!! very much worth the read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nfl
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,787
Reputation: 80993
critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

just watched and read some on ryan matthews. i also like him for shannys offense.
__________________


RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

How does a team with a rookie qb make it to the Division Championship game?

The Jets success is something that worries me as we approach this years upcoming draft. Notice that I said the Jets success and not Mark Sanchez success. I like Sanchez. I think he has a bright future ahead of him. But lets be perfectly clear about one thing, Sanchez wasnt even close to the reason that this team made it to where they were. If you want to talk about success of rookie qbs in the NFL then in each case you need not look farther than their offensive lines. The Jets without a doubt have one of the best offensive lines in football with Nick Mangold, Damian Woody, Brandon Moore, Dbrick, and Faneca. Your looking at 2 pro bowlers this year (arguably should have been more) and 4 first round picks. Pair this with a dominant defense and you actually give a rookie qb a chance. Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones are good players but they are able to do what they do because of that offensive line.
__________________

Last edited by DiG : 01-25-2010 at 09:22 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 853
Reputation: 5708
Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
How does a team with a rookie qb make it to the Division Championship game?

The Jets success is something that worries me as we approach this years upcoming draft. Notice that I said the Jets success and not Mark Sanchez success. I like Sanchez. I think he has a bright future ahead of him. But lets be perfectly clear about one thing, Sanchez wasnt even close to the reason that this team made it to where they were. If you want to talk about success of rookie qbs in the NFL then in each case you need not look farther than their offensive lines. The Jets without a doubt have one of the best offensive lines in football with Nick Mangold, Damian Woody, Brandon Moore, Dbrick, and Faneca. Your looking at 2 pro bowlers this year (arguably should have been more) and 4 first round picks. Pair this with a dominant defense and you actually give a rookie qb a chance. Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones are good players but they are able to do what they do because of that offensive line.
I am with you 100%. In many ways the Skins situation parallels the Jets of a couple of years ago. The Jets had a good but often injured QB and their quality RB was aging. They chose to rebuild their Oline and running game and then get a QB who could make a few plays. Of course building a good defense helps too. The Skins have potential for a good defense but they need to rebuild the Oline and running game. Campbell may not be an elite QB but he certainly has not had the conditions that Sanchez has (good Oline, good running game, decent WRs and good coaching). It'll be interesting to see how Shanny/Allen view the situation.
__________________
Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I just realized that Casey Rabach is actually a free agent now due to hitting a playing time quota in his contract. I always thought that he was signed through next year but it turns out his contract is voided by that stipulation and he is technically a UFA in 2010 with or without a new cap. Hopefully its a blessing in disguise...It's a nice $3 mil savings.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,827
Reputation: 500697
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He was horrendous last year so thankfully he's probably gone. Just like
Jon Jansen it's time to cut ties. His golden days were still as a Raven. We might not even sign a FA and might just slide Edwin Williams to center, we'll see, although one guy I'm keeping an eye out for who I think Shanny might like is Chris Chester of the Ravens who I think is an UFA.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He was horrendous last year so thankfully he's probably gone. Just like
Jon Jansen it's time to cut ties. His golden days were still as a Raven. We might not even sign a FA and might just slide Edwin Williams to center, we'll see, although one guy I'm keeping an eye out for who I think Shanny might like is Chris Chester of the Ravens who I think is an UFA.
Given Chesters # of years in the league I think he would technically be a RFA in an uncapped year. He was drafted in the 2nd round so I believe that would be his tender.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,787
Reputation: 80993
critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

byers from USC, the G/C seems like a perfect fit for ZBS. keep an eye on him.
__________________


RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 853
Reputation: 5708
Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He was horrendous last year so thankfully he's probably gone. Just like
Jon Jansen it's time to cut ties. His golden days were still as a Raven. We might not even sign a FA and might just slide Edwin Williams to center, we'll see, although one guy I'm keeping an eye out for who I think Shanny might like is Chris Chester of the Ravens who I think is an UFA.
I'm not sure Williams fits the ZBS. The Skins recently signed Kory Lichtensteiger and he may have a shot. I agree about Rabach, I think he is done.
__________________
Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,787
Reputation: 80993
critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

sorry to sound like a homer but im starting to like ben tate more and more for us. showed great pass pro today at the senior bowl (didnt do much at AU) and is showcasing his speed and cutting ability to fit the system.
__________________


RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 853
Reputation: 5708
Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
sorry to sound like a homer but im starting to like ben tate more and more for us. showed great pass pro today at the senior bowl (didnt do much at AU) and is showcasing his speed and cutting ability to fit the system.
I've been thinking that he or Ryan Matthews would be a great fit for Shanny's ZBS.
__________________
Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,179
Reputation: 433828
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

with all the brandon marshall talk around the internet i am interested what you guys think. if say we cut randle el, would you guys consider trading for marshall? any thoughts on swapping first round picks with the broncos for brandon marshall and adding either a future 3rd or a 4th this year? grab a guy like bulaga at 10/11. im not even sure what i think about it yet.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.