Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-17-2009, 07:46 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like previously mentioned, unless Winfield gets another two or three years on his contract, I think cornerback will end up being the #1 need come April. Cedric Griffin is far from a #1.

However, if a deal is worked out between the two parties, then I would say:

1. QB
2. DT
3. OLB

My current mock has the team taking Colt McCoy with a late teen pick.

However, I would like to see the team get Ndamkong Suh or maybe Greg Hardy.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Like previously mentioned, unless Winfield gets another two or three years on his contract, I think cornerback will end up being the #1 need come April. Cedric Griffin is far from a #1.

1. QB
2. DT
3. OLB

Colt McCoy FTL.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post

1. QB
2. DT
3. OLB

I'd put DE over OLB. I'd rather have an upgrade over Edwards than Leber. Plus, Edwards is a free agent next year. Also, I don't think that McCoy is a 1st round pick. I think he's more of an early 2nd rounder, but if we are picking in the late teens, then we missed the playoffs, which means we'll have a new coach and that our QBs didn't play well enough, so QB would have a good shot at being the pick.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we are pretty much at the half way point and I'm wondering how people's thoughts have changed. It looks like we'll be picking anywhere from 28-32. So how about it? Lets hear some needs and possible 1st round selections.

I think it is important that we get Ray Edwards resigned first off. He's been good this year and this way we wouldn't have to spend a draft choice on a DE. I'm going to assume we get him back so our focus moves away from DE.

Top 3 Needs:
- QB - I'm in the camp that thinks Favre will be back in 2010. I believe this would be a great chance for us to take a QB and let him watch for an entire year.

- S - This really hinges on how TJohnson and MWilliams play for the rest of the season but I'm worried about them. It seems like a wasted choice because we expected more from these guys but something will need to be done if their poor play continues.

- DT - Pat Williams hasn't been great this season and it seems obvious that he'll need to be replaced sooner than later. Late in the 1st round might offer some good value for a defensive tackle to bolster our already premiere defensive front.

Possible 2010 1st Round Selections:
- I'd love to see Sam Bradford fall or us move up a bit to get him.
- Nate Allen should be there for us late in the 1st and he seems like a nice upgrade from the play we've seen so far.
- Marvin Austin or Arthur Jones are two options for us in the late 1st as well.
- This probably won't be popular but I believe that because of the talent on our roster we could go BPA. If we lose Chester in the offseason and CJ Spiller falls I'd be all for jumping on him. He's another gamebreaker that would give us plenty of value in the late 1st and would surround our future QB with even more talent.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Well we are pretty much at the half way point and I'm wondering how people's thoughts have changed. It looks like we'll be picking anywhere from 28-32. So how about it? Lets hear some needs and possible 1st round selections.

I think it is important that we get Ray Edwards resigned first off. He's been good this year and this way we wouldn't have to spend a draft choice on a DE. I'm going to assume we get him back so our focus moves away from DE.

Top 3 Needs:
- QB - I'm in the camp that thinks Favre will be back in 2010. I believe this would be a great chance for us to take a QB and let him watch for an entire year.

- S - This really hinges on how TJohnson and MWilliams play for the rest of the season but I'm worried about them. It seems like a wasted choice because we expected more from these guys but something will need to be done if their poor play continues.

- DT - Pat Williams hasn't been great this season and it seems obvious that he'll need to be replaced sooner than later. Late in the 1st round might offer some good value for a defensive tackle to bolster our already premiere defensive front.

Possible 2010 1st Round Selections:
- I'd love to see Sam Bradford fall or us move up a bit to get him.
- Nate Allen should be there for us late in the 1st and he seems like a nice upgrade from the play we've seen so far.
- Marvin Austin or Arthur Jones are two options for us in the late 1st as well.
- This probably won't be popular but I believe that because of the talent on our roster we could go BPA. If we lose Chester in the offseason and CJ Spiller falls I'd be all for jumping on him. He's another gamebreaker that would give us plenty of value in the late 1st and would surround our future QB with even more talent.
QB is definitely our #1 need, no doubt about it. After that, I say we should go bpa. I hope Bradford falls so we can jump up a little bit to get him, as I don't think he'll last to the 28-32 range where we'll likely be picking. Right now, he is about the only QB who I would think about taking early, other than Clausen and Locker, who will be long gone if they do come out. Ryan Mallett has been wearing on me, and I kind of like the idea of taking him in the first if he lasts and let him sit and learn under Favre, who had similar accuracy issues in college.

DE would be a big need if we don't resign Edwards, who is playing great, but could very well get big money in FA if he keeps it up, and I don't think we'd be willing or able to pay him big bucks with the other guys we've got on the DL. If he leaves, then I think DE is our #2 need behind only QB; if he stays, then it isn't a need at all, with us having good depth in Robison and even Jayme Mitchell is ok for depth.

S is looking like it will be a need, but imo, Johnson has picked up his play lately, and that Madeiu Williams is the one who is struggling the most, but he had an improved game last week against Detroit. If they don't pick it up, then I think S will be a need, but I honestly would be a little surprised to see us take one early, or at all. Childress and co. have shown that they don't like to give up on guys early, and for the most part it has worked out, ie., Shiancoe, Griffin, etc. and with all the money we paid to Madeiu and the early selection we used on Johnson, it'd almost be admitting a mistake if they gave up on them now.

DT is another one I'm on the fence with, Kennedy and Evans, particularly Kennedy have played well when given a chance, and could get a shot to replace Pat. If a DT does fall, I'd like to see us grab one, but I def. wouldn't reach for one in the first.

CJ Spiller is someone that I don't think will be there, but very well could, and I hope we don't take him. He is very good at the same stuff as Harvin. Both are great at returning kicks and screen passes. Harvin can run the ball some too, which Spiller is more prolific at. Adrian has really improved on his receiving and blitz pick up skills, so we won't really need someone just to come in on 3rd down. We will still need someone to spell AD, but I'm not so sure that Albert Young or Ian Johnson can't do that. We would probably want to protect ourselves in case of an injury to AD though so I could see us taking a RB, but not one in the first round like Spiller.

OLB is another one that I've seen and I know there are some people here, who would love to see us take someone like, uh, say Travis Lewis *cough cough* vikes 29 *cough cough*. I don't know about that one, Leber has played well for us and is only 30, but is a FA after next season. So like we've done before with guys like Sullivan and Johnson, I could see us take someone this year and let them sit and groom them to take over for Leber after his contract is up like in the above cases with Birk and Sharper.

CB is another position I have seen mocks having us taking in the first or 2nd. A lot of them with Patrick Robinson, who is one of 2 CBs I think are worthy of a 1st(the other one is Joe Haden). I am one of those that doesn't like that though. Winfield can still play and Griffin has played real well lately, with Sapp playing well in the nickel, and Asher Allen making a few plays in the limited opportunities he has got. With those guys, I think we're fine at CB, barring another injury from Winfield, who has been a durable guy. Sapp and Paymah are both FAs, but I think we could resign at least one of them for cheap.

G/C is another position I have seen, and I am not a big fan of taking either of those positions early, especially C. Sullivan has played real well lately, and quite well all season. Herrera isn't a pro bowl G like he is being voted as, but he is a decent RG and while he could be upgraded, he is a good player, and is not holding us back too much, if at all.

FB is one of those minor positions, but we def. could use one as Tahi blows, although Dugan has looked good in his time at FB.

I think that pretty much covered all positions that are at least possible needs.
As far as order goes, it hinges on us resigning Edwards, if we do, then QB is our lone huge need, and after that, it depends on how guys play from here on out. I'd say just go bpa.
If we don't resign Edwards, then I'd say QB and DE are our only two huge needs, and then we can draft based on who falls.

As far as a dream draft, I'd say(with us resigning Edwards):
1. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
2. Darrell Stuckey S Kansas
3. Boo Robinson DT Wake Forest
I'm only going to do up to 3 rounds for now, as I don't have time to do the rest, and it's way too early to be worrying about 6th and 7th round picks.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 11-18-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: made it easier to read
Old 11-21-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford sure would be fun. It sure will be interesting to see how we attack the draft assuming that we won't have a commitment from Favre at that point. It'll be very interesting to see what underclassmen declare, that will have a huge impact and what kind of QB is available in the late 1st round.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am personally a Colt McCoy fan and wouldn't mind to see him at the end of round 1. But, no one else likes him so I will discount that. If Ray Edwards leaves via free agency, what's holding the Vikings back from grabbing Aaron Kampman in FA? The Packers murdered him with their system change, and if we could somehow grab him, our D-Line would be legendary. And then with that position solved, how about we trade up and grab Sam Bradford? I don't know how this would work out money-wise, but I feel as though this would be the absolute dream scenario.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I am personally a Colt McCoy fan and wouldn't mind to see him at the end of round 1. But, no one else likes him so I will discount that. If Ray Edwards leaves via free agency, what's holding the Vikings back from grabbing Aaron Kampman in FA? The Packers murdered him with their system change, and if we could somehow grab him, our D-Line would be legendary. And then with that position solved, how about we trade up and grab Sam Bradford? I don't know how this would work out money-wise, but I feel as though this would be the absolute dream scenario.
Aaron Kampman would be a huge addition. But I doubt it happens. I think he will go to a team that is struggling to get pass rush. And that is not us. I would love to slap our franchise tag on Edwards, and see what he does next year. And I would give up a lot to trade for Bradford.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Aaron Kampman would be a huge addition. But I doubt it happens. I think he will go to a team that is struggling to get pass rush. And that is not us. I would love to slap our franchise tag on Edwards, and see what he does next year. And I would give up a lot to trade for Bradford.
I'd rather just resign Edwards to something like 5 years somewhere around $21-23 million with about 12 guaranteed, than have to pay him the franchise amount for next year, which is extremely high for a DE. I would also give up a lot for Bradford. If he falls to the mid first, I'd jump on him. It might cost us 2 firsts, but I'd be willing to do it, if it meant we got our franchise QB for the next decade.

I'd also love Kampman, but I don't think it'd be realistic or smart to have that much money tied into our d-line.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

This isn't madden peoples!!!!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I have been paying attention and looking into Nate Allen from south Florida, the more Id like to see him in purple next season.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

round 1: suh
round 2: locker
round 3: berry
round 4: mays
round 5: gerhart

unrealistic?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post

unrealistic?
I think we'd be lucky to have Gerhart fall to us in the fifth, but outside of that I would say it's pretty solid.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post

unrealistic?
Not trying to be a dick, but how did this thread go from possible 1st round picks to this?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Not trying to be a dick, but how did this thread go from possible 1st round picks to this?
They are joking. Take it easy pal.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety is officially the number 2 need behind QB. Both of them suck, I have all but given up on Tyrell Johnson. I know he's young but he has really shown flashes even.

I would rather have Willie Offord back then have Madieu Williams play another game here. He has been such a freakin bust.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-07-2009 at 02:45 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
They are joking. Take it easy pal.
I understand they are joking. But I don't understand the Madden comment. Enlighten me....