Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-23-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
From all I read and heard, Mccourty was pretty high on the Jets draft board. There were a lot of rumblings about the Jets being interested in him. Especially now with the news that Kindle has injury concerns, I think we would have taken Devin had the Pats taken Wilson.
There's also reports that we were really high on Kareem Jackson.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have loved McCourty but I think Wilson is the best corner in the draft so Im not complaining.

Any predictions for round 2?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post

I think OL or DL..read they like Ducasse but who knows who's gonna be left 30 odd picks from now
Old 04-23-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would have loved McCourty but I think Wilson is the best corner in the draft so Im not complaining.

My prediction is this: I wonder how far up a fourth round pick can push you in the second round. :)
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I say we won't be picking in our slot this time around. I'll go with a trade up.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I say we won't be picking in our slot this time around. I'll go with a trade up.
I agree. What does everybody think could get packaged besides the 4? There's a few players who could be on the block, future picks...If we make a deal with a Cover 2 type team maybe Lowery gets dealt in a move up. Leon Washington is obviously possible along with maybe Clemens or one of the younger QB's, and then the 3 older guys who got talked about. Any other thoughts?

By the way I found it interesting that Tannenbaum actually told the truth this time. Said they liked Wilson back in the Senior Bowl, said they wanted to draft a corner...funny how with all the misinformation people can think GM talk is just BS but telling the truth can throw people off as well.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Linval Joseph in round 2....make it happen Tannenbaum
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I think OL or DL..read they like Ducasse but who knows who's gonna be left 30 odd picks from now
Good call man. I like this kid to very big strong guy and he can play a few positions on that oline
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ducasse is such a steal. I love the pick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess this means that Faneca's days as a Jet are numbered. :(
Old 04-23-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

If we could pick up a 3rd for Faneca, Im fine with letting him go. Ducasse can step in and start right away.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would really like Faneca to stick around just one more year. I like Ducasse and think he's going to end up being really good, but I would like to keep Faneca around because he has such a big impact on the run game and he could ease Duccasse's transition into the starting lineup.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I would really like Faneca to stick around just one more year. I like Ducasse and think he's going to end up being really good, but I would like to keep Faneca around because he has such a big impact on the run game and he could ease Duccasse's transition into the starting lineup.
This pick sums up my thoughts quite well. Honestly if I want any offensive lineman gone it's Woody, but maybe that's just me. Like that Ducasse could play RT in the future, flip Woody back inside to guard although Ducasse could be a monster guard as well.

Think a third for Faneca is expecting a bit much, it's not clear that Tannenbaum will be able to move him for anything let alone a pretty decent pick. Interesting that some really talented guys fell out of round 2 even...day 2 is going to be fun. The defensive guys Ryan goes after in the front 7 are going to be really interesting, safety too. Guess it's tough to rule out a move up into the third at this point but it seems unlikely, would be nice to pick up some extra picks for guys like BT, Clemens, etc if at all possible.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

The comparisons to Michael Roos (as a late bloomer) make me giddy. I do find it to be an odd pick in the second though, since every indication I got was that he had been slipping (though some seem to think late second was a steal for him). I like a lot of what he brings as a prospect, but I worry about his ability to recognize complicated NFL schemes and the reports of him kind of being an emotional guy (not having a short-term memory) are a bit scary. I'd like him as a project, but unless Slauson has done something amazing, if Faneca is released, I'd be awfully weary about plugging Ducasse immediately into the starting line-up. Either Callahan is going to do something genius or Ducasse wasn't showing what he was capable of at Indy or at the Senior Bowl.

Also, I find it funny that Wilson and Ducasse were our two picks. Someone could have mocked our two picks months ago.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Anybody think there's a chance Ducasse plays RT with Woody moving in to guard, or is Ducasse really the only potential starter (besides Slauson, who barring something amazing as TTGS said) at LG? I'd kind of like to get Woody away from blocking edge guys, but maybe that's just me. Tannenbaum said Ducasse is starting at RT and LG so perhaps there is a chance...Also like the Ducasse pick because if he shows he can potentially play LT in the pros that's leverage in negotiations with Brick just like Wilson could provide leverage with Cro...and you have to think Tannenbaum is thinking about this stuff. The versatility and talent level combo with him is awesome.

Plenty of really talented prospects still on the board...should be fun in the fourth round. Early guess (that's bound to be wrong) is that they pop Greg Hardy. Lots of guys I like
Old 04-24-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

If we do end up releasing Faneca, does anyone expect us to take another O-Lineman later in the draft? I mean, it was a need before, and replacing a Pro Bowler with a rookie doesn't necessarily add up to me as filling the need.

It is pretty interesting though that pretty much everything has gone conventionally, which is in some ways pretty unconventional. Everything they've talked about has come to fruition. Anyone know of other prospects that are still on the board that they'd be interested in? I'm going to have to assume that eventually we're going to have to hit on at least DL, if not DL, OLB, and S.

EDIT: I just read an article that said Ducasse only gave up 17 sacks. I don't know if that was in his career or what, but that is pretty bad regardless, especially at the FCS level. I'll have faith in Callahan though, as well as our strength and conditioning coach, because Vlad clearly has to get in the weight room.

And no, I don't see him going in for Woody in the beginning. It's much harder to play RT than LG. Putting him out in space like that, IMO, would be a disaster. Better that he be stuck between the two Pro Bowlers. I imagine he can't do THAT much worse than Faneca in pass protection, can he? ...can he?

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 04-24-2010 at 02:47 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Maybe I can get some third day picks right!

Also, there's some big names out there that I thought would be gone, like Mardy Gilyard, Thaddeus Gibson, and AOA.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

A nice 0/3 on my board. Haha. I do like the McKnight pick though. One thing I say about the RBs is most important is vision, and he along with guys like Ryan Mathews and Jahvid Best have the top vision in the class. Another big plus is that while he's had injuries, most of them have been flukes, so his best stuff might still be to come. He can do just about everything, except I don't think he has great long speed (but then again, neither did Leon coming out of college).
Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

alright... I know I am coming in late for the draft talk considering we've touched all the bags.

Immediately we all agree, they didn't really address a lot of needs that we wanted. Thats a bit of a debby downer, yet lets look at the positives. Kyle Wilson is A) A Jersey boy B) Arguably the best corner in the draft C) A dirty hitter and great in coverage D) Great against the run. Overall, this pick is great value and will help us throw a blitz from literally every angle. The best part is QB's will be forced to make quick decisions with the speed we have away from revis island. This kid and cro are fast as 'f' and are gonna be lighting up QB's in the backfield and downfield. Great pick that everyone will love a year from now.

Ducasse. Now, he may not be the OLB that we all wanted but he is arguably one of the best gaurds in the draft. He is a big guy and yes, there are rumors they may put him at RT which I would be very pleased with giving sanchez two great young guys to buy him time. If they keep him at gaurd, we have one mean left side of a line. Call it the Great Wall of Green. 3 guys who are young and nasty off the snap of the ball. Once again, great value pick considering what as available.

The next pick I question. Joe McKnight? USC running back? Seems like an odd pick to me because we traded up and we have 3 RB's already but it seems like he can do it all. Great vision, great speed, can catch out of the backfield, and has played with marky mark before. I wonder if this means something about leon if he can do what leons job was. I don't know how to swallow this pick or what to digest out of it, but the kid was one of the best HS recruits his year and hasn't shown his talent yet.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I like McKnight, helps out the offense a little which I think is needed. Versatility is a plus and I'd imagine he was pretty high on their board. Oodles of upside with him. I keep looking for DL or OLB, but I think they have a bunch of guys they like there and want to improve the offense. Bet Sanchez gave a glowing report on McKnight too.

I'm actually kind of excited to see all of the UDFA's that end up coming along already. Think they'll manage to bring in some pretty solid players. It's gonna be a long wait till round 7.

Also, I cannot wait to see Kyle Wilson come on slot blitzes. You know it's happening and he's going to have some nice hits with his size/strength combo and demeanor.

Last edited by derza222 : 04-24-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I like McKnight, helps out the offense a little which I think is needed. Versatility is a plus and I'd imagine he was pretty high on their board. Oodles of upside with him. I keep looking for DL or OLB, but I think they have a bunch of guys they like there and want to improve the offense. Bet Sanchez gave a glowing report on McKnight too.

I'm actually kind of excited to see all of the UDFA's that end up coming along already. Think they'll manage to bring in some pretty solid players. It's gonna be a long wait till round 7.

Also, I cannot wait to see Kyle Wilson come on slot blitzes. You know it's happening and he's going to have some nice hits with his size/strength combo and demeanor.
and his mean dreads..... Been waiting for a guy in our secondary to have long hair

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

He's a fourth rounder too so there's a good chance he's going to be good.

I'm hoping we look at one of the OLBs I put up on my list though. Most of those guys are UDFAs anyway. I'm really looking for us to trade back into the draft though.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

I wasn't a fan of the pick of Kyle Wilson when it was announced, but I've come around given the sheer volume of glowing reviews the pick has gotten from all directions. I just wonder how wise the Cromartie trade was now that the Jets have a long term answer at corner through the draft.

Vladimir Ducasse is apparently going to replace Alan Faneca as of Monday, which I'm not a fan of either. Faneca may have struggled a bit last year, but he still had a pro bowl year and I have to wonder how wise it is to meddle with arguably the best offensive line in the NFL when you're trying to make a run to the Superbowl. Faneca was going to make 7.5 million this upcoming year. But about 2/3rds of that was guaranteed, so he's getting it anyway.

Joe McKnight.... best case scenario Danny Woodhead is gone, worst case scenario Leon Washington is gone. Aaaaaaaaand Leon is gone. Awesome. :(

I get that at least two of those three picks were more than likely BPA (1st and 4th). But I'm worried that at least two of three picks are at best (2nd and 4th) lateral moves.

To me, I don't see a reason why the Jets can't wait a year to put Ducasse in the starting lineup learning from the best group in the business. He can provide depth and a long term answer to either RT or LG both of whom are aging. But apparently they can't.

Kyle Wilson I disliked at first, but it didn't take me long to come around and I'm excited to see what they're going to do with him. The more I think about it.......

He provides a corner blitz, he provides an elite nickle corner against the elite passing offenses of the NFL and he should probably go in instead of Cromartie on running downs.

Joe McKnight...... I hope this doesn't mean Leon is hitting the road. Aaaaaaaand he is. Just announced as I'm writing this. Seattle just got a bargain. :(
Old 04-24-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

John Conner! YAY
Old 04-24-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

>>Seahawks acquired RB/KR Leon Washington from the Jets in exchange for the No. 138 pick in the 2010 draft. The Seahawks also received a seventh-roud pick.<<

STUPID Trade...I am so P.O'd..then we'll cut Faneca...WTF?