Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't think I want this team in the Bradford/Whoever sweepstakes. I'd love to have one of those guys, but I'd rather have them win now. I'm not going to be excited about missing the playoffs regardless of who we could possibly draft, that isn't the point of the NFL.

Lets worry about improving the team we have right now, not the 2010 NFL draft which is over 350 days away.
I was thinking more along the lines of winning this year and then making a move up in the draft to land someone like Snead. Although we will need to replace Pat Williams and possibly Winfield. That can probably be done in free agency though.

Sage or Favre could then be the one year bridge to our future stud QB like Snead
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be against that whole idea, I'm just against the people who keep saying that bringing in Favre screws us in the future. As of now we don't have a QB of the future.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit. my lack of want for favre has cursed us! FAIL

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't think I want this team in the Bradford/Whoever sweepstakes. I'd love to have one of those guys, but I'd rather have them win now. I'm not going to be excited about missing the playoffs regardless of who we could possibly draft, that isn't the point of the NFL.

Lets worry about improving the team we have right now, not the 2010 NFL draft which is over 350 days away.
I agree, but seeing a prospect like that just makes one salivate sometimes...
Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want T-Jack to be no part of the Vikings, sorry. I just cant get out of my head some of the terrible throws he seemed to make on a consistant basis. His poor decision making and lack of progress, yeah i'm over him. It amazes me that a lot of you who support him seem to block out all of the terrible throws/plays from last season. I dont buy into that cards game. Arizona was so bad that day, anyone could have smoked them.

My rankings:

1. 50 year old Favre
2. Rosenfail
3. T-Jack
4. JDB (never a fan of this pick)

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone was wondering about Favre's Arm Injury they said on ESPN by their doctor on Sportcenter that it is as serious as people think. He will be able to play with his arm for the year even if that thing is torn in his arm because another thing is connected to the bicep. She said that John Elway went through the same year in 1997 and he won the Superbowl that year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how about Favre this year and Campbell next year? I'd love it, that way we're winning now and yet we have our QB for the future.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
So how about Favre this year and Campbell next year? I'd love it, that way we're winning now and yet we have our QB for the future.
Works for me. I like Campbell and don't think he's been given a fair shake in Washington. He'll never be a superstar but I think he's a Top 15 starter in this league. I'm not huge on next year's QB class. I like Snead but after that I don't see anyone I would want running my team, including Bradford.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
That was my thinking, although once again it seems to make too much sense to actually happen.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could it finally be over???

From Yahoo sports:

Source: Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I'll believe that Favre is staying retired once the season starts...
Old 05-07-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

Waiting for BGB to come and say:

"he's only saying he's retired to get out of participating in off-season work-outs"

I am not opposed to having Favre play for this team just because he was the face of the Packers franchise, but I question if he is the best player for the job....I am not convinced either way right now.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
Waiting for BGB to come and say:

"he's only saying he's retired to get out of participating in off-season work-outs"

I am not opposed to having Favre play for this team just because he was the face of the Packers franchise, but I question if he is the best player for the job....I am not convinced either way right now.
I wouldn't go ragging on BGB, he was dead on with the Harvin talk. And Favre probably is trying to get out of the offseason workouts.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely think that Favre could be doing this so he can skip the workouts. I'd put the chances of him skipping workouts at 50%, same as him staying retired.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

Quote:
I wouldn't go ragging on BGB, he was dead on with the Harvin talk. And Favre probably is trying to get out of the offseason workouts.
No, I'm not raggin on him...I just saw him post that in a different forum.

Or at least I'm assuming it was him who posted it.

But you know what happens when you assume..............I look like an idiot.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys take the shoot and go after Vick.

Should be a good one!
You have nothing to lose.

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banetzdererste View Post

Should be a good one!
We don't run the Wildcat. We need a drop-back QB with accuracy as well as arm strength.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please stop sending me crappy pm's.

Last edited by General Zod : 05-26-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I'm in the Favre camp. He's a big upgrade...
Old 05-25-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I feel about this TJizzack situation is a little different. Send me a nasty PM. See if I care.

I think that he should stay a Viking. Because he will probably go to a different team and be a star. Just like Tyler Thigpen.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banetzdererste View Post

Should be a good one!
Vick would be a horrible idea, the Vikings need a QB that can actually pass the ball.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right Now I want Tarvaris Starting and if he struggles put in Sage. Just like what we did in last year. If Favre comes out of retirement and joins the vikings than its a different story but as of right now it has to be Tarvaris' Job to lose.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
The way I feel about this TJizzack situation is a little different. Send me a nasty PM. See if I care.

I was amused with them at first. Then it just got old.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Right Now I want Tarvaris Starting and if he struggles put in Sage. Just like what we did in last year. If Favre comes out of retirement and joins the vikings than its a different story but as of right now it has to be Tarvaris' Job to lose.
I feel pretty much the same way. The guy has made some definite progress and I believe its in our best interest to stick with him for a little bit longer and hope that everything sort of clicks in a sort. While that may be a grim hope for many, he has shown many signs of being a very solid QB and brings the greatest shot out of anyone on our roster of leading us through a playoff run.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
Like I said boys a Favre deal is iminent. The behind the scenes stuff is done and now Chilly is metting him face to face. This thing is a done deal from what I know.
Well that Joe Buck interview pretty much validated everything that I brought up in the above post a few months ago.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote