Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stallworth or Hamlin

Would you rather have Donte Stallworth or Ken Hamlin as an Eagle next year? My vote is for Donte because there are better prospects at Safety that could be available around our pick in the first.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote may have been for Donte a few hours ago, but with the recent news with the Bethel Johnson signing, I say the Eagles should at least try to make a run at Hamlin. At least see how much he is asking. If it is too high, you can't say you didn't try, but I would be fine if we got a S early in the draft.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I think I should re-think what I said in the post above. I had Johnson confused with another person, so I would still be in favor of signing Donte because Johnson is a #4 or #5 receiver. Johnson may not even make it past the final roster cuts. The most value he would have for us would be in the return game.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having a fun conversation with yourself?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

eatw, you know you can edit posts.

I'd take Hamlin over Stallworth. The Eagles offense doesnt have problems. Their defense is among the worst in the league. If the Eagles are going to go back to 60%+ passing then I would take Stallworth, even though throwing that much is awful for the team.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yeah I know I can edit, but I figured why keep my thought process to myself. At first I had him confused with someone who I thought would be a great signing considering who is left, but then I realized he wasn't who I thought he was, so I changed my mind.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Having a fun conversation with yourself?
No there not always fun, sometimes they're actually quite boring, considering no one talks back.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Would you rather have Donte Stallworth or Ken Hamlin as an Eagle next year? My vote is for Donte because there are better prospects at Safety that could be available around our pick in the first.
How about the original question? We all got a little sidetracked, but with the situation the way it is now, which would you have?

Old 03-08-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I like Hamlin and all, but I'd rather have Donte back. We already know what he brings to the table as a player, and he already has a relationship established with McNabb which he would be able to build upon next season. Hamlin is a good player, but we may be better off drafting a safety this year anyway since the talent pool is so deep, and save that money that we may spend trying to sign him to apply to another area that we need help in.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Exactly how I feel, how about someone else's opinion.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Hamlin. When we have a strong run support safety, our run defense can be really good. At the beginning of the year we were doing quite well against the ground attack while Michael Lewis was starting. He was giving up plenty of plays, but while he was in we were good against the run. Considine is a solid player, but Hamlin would add that Michael Lewis stoutness against the run while still being good in coverage. If we have our starting secondary set going into the draft we would really be able to perfect our defense.

We need to stop throwing the ball as much anyway. Maybe not having a weapon like Stallworth will convince Reid to run the ball more. I still really want Stallworth back though.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well if we would get Hamlin, it pretty much ensures that Donte is gone. It fills our biggest need, so LB is our major concern. We could get Leonard or Hunt in the second, so we don't have to pass so much. We would still be able to draft our main positions of need if we did this.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Definitely Stallworth.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

thats a tough question. I would have to say stallworth but I hink Hamlin would be nice here too. It's just good to have that kind of threat in the passing game, but i think we all kow that he is as good as gone, so I hope we help out da D with Hamlin!

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If Donte leaves, I think Hamlin should be the #1 priority in FA, but maybe not. We could get a great Safety in the draft.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dcsicass31birds

Either way...WE DO NOT need to draft a WR...enough already...draft D
Old 03-08-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsicass31birds View Post
Either way...WE DO NOT need to draft a WR...enough already...draft D
Yes sir, I have been telling people this for the longest time. The only way I see us going OLB is if all the main targets are gone and Jon Beason or Poz are left. Personnally, I would take Poz. I know he is undersized, but he could be the WILL, and Gaither will be the MIKE of the future. The other thing about Poz is you know he can play no matter where you put him, so he may even be able to play SAM until Gocong is ready or until Gaither is moved to MLB, when Poz will play WILL. I still think Gaither is better suited for WILL, so MLB is a bigger priority over OLB.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forget about McCoy. If Gaither moves to MLB then McCoy is the starting WILL. We do not need a WILL, we need a strongside LB and a MLB.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Do you really see McCoy as our starting WILL? I know he played great the first 4 or 5 games, but his stats are inflated, because teams were running right at him. If you remember the games, he did have his tackles, but he did miss some as well. Because of his durability concerns, I don't think he will make it as a starter for the Eagles anymore.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ryan0022
Rookie

ryan0022 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd say Hamlin based on the fact that the eagles had so many problems on defense and I still have images of Joe Horn burning Michael Lewis on that TD. I think the majority of thier additions need to come on the defensive side of the ball. The D is where it's at and where we need the most help - I like stallworth but what's going to make this team better is a better D.
ryan0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Do you really see McCoy as our starting WILL? I know he played great the first 4 or 5 games, but his stats are inflated, because teams were running right at him. If you remember the games, he did have his tackles, but he did miss some as well. Because of his durability concerns, I don't think he will make it as a starter for the Eagles anymore.
There aren't durability concerns. He got injured once. You can not base anything off of that, especially when it was a shoulder injury that wasnt something like a rotator cuff.

"Inflated stats" have nothing to do with it. McCoy was the Eagles best LB last year. And he started half the games. He had something like 6 or 7 TFL. 2 FF and 2 sacks. And once again, only started half the games.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Durability concerns are because he is so small, and he was injured. I like what he did when he played, but they were inflated a little bit. If they would have run the ball at Trotter or the bowtie more, he wouldn't have had as many tackles, or any of those stats you mentioned. He was tested because it was basically his rookie year. He did step it up, but injury problems are possible for him.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

The majority of his TFL were on a toss play or when he shot a gap and caught him from behind. You dont "run towards a player" and get sacked.

The reason why so many people dont like him is that he got run over a bit when teams ran right at him. That was in the middle to end of the year when he wasnt healthy, and he couldnt really use his arm to full use because of his shoulder.

Whatever. McCoy was the best LB on the team last year. His production can't be questioned.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-09-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

OK, he was productive when he played but my point is he will not be able to play for a whole year, anyway.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll jump into this. I'd take Stallworth. Why? Learning WR in the system has never been easy, and Stallworth has spent a year in it with solid results. Hamlin's a nice safety, but he's not significantly better in coverage than Michael Lewis (hence why Seattle let him go). While shifting to more of a SS role in Philadelphia would make Hamlin a bit better and less exposed, if I had to pick between the two, it'd be Stallworth.

While I'm not a gungho McCoy fan, I will say that if the DL plays better at the POA, then the back 7 won't look as bad as it did at times last year.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote