Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-04-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brian Calhoun released

http://www.freep.com/article/2009050...+Brian+Calhoun

Good move, he never did anything as a Lion.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another wasted mid-round pick
Old 05-04-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saves 530 K.

He is the epitomy of wasted Millen 3rd round picks. Thank goodness Kevin Smith and Avril did something. I guess its impossible to miss on every 3rd round pick in 8 years. Now they have to take the next step.

Aaron Brown and Antone Smith did well in the rookie mini camp. Makes sense to get rid of Calhoun.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Very nice we had too many RB's doing nothing.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess that means the Lions Injured Reserve has an extra spot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I will give the new coaching staff this - they know who to get rid of. They are going down the roster and releasing all the bums, one by one. Henson, Gaines, Fisher, Calhoun. Watch out Alex Lewis! You're next.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CLEAN HOUSE!

Are there any more high Millen draft picks left to purge?

How about IAF?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
CLEAN HOUSE!

Are there any more high Millen draft picks left to purge?

How about IAF?
Can Dizon be cut yet?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-04-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Can Dizon be cut yet?
I hereby grant them permission.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have the link to the article talking about when they selected Calhoun?

If I remember, there was some idiotic reason for taking him. Something insanely funny in the war room, I just can't remember exactly what it was.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Anyone have the link to the article talking about when they selected Calhoun?

If I remember, there was some idiotic reason for taking him.
Yeah, I remember that story vaguely. I think someone shouted it out in the back of the room and Millen just rolled with it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Smith. He's making 2 million and not much of a special teamer. Is there a better 4th corner we could get for cheaper, I'm hoping King is the nickel and we find a 5th corner out of the undrafted guys.

Ikaika, one last chance IMO.

Stanton could be gone depending on the cheap vets out there? Stanton will get limited reps so a vet might be better.Culpepper or Stafford are the only 2 options to play obviously.

Alexander is safe, although we'll see how he recovers from injury. Delmas will beat will be the starting FS and Bullocks the SS.

Dizon its too early to completely give up on the guy. If he is outperformed by Follett and others fine, but don't cut him now. Maybe he has some use as a special teamer.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that story vaguely. I think someone shouted it out in the back of the room and Millen just rolled with it.
fml.

fmm

**** matt millen

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Keith Smith. He's making 2 million and not much of a special teamer. Is there a better 4th corner we could get for cheaper, I'm hoping King is the nickel and we find a 5th corner out of the undrafted guys.

Stanton could be gone depending on the cheap vets out there? Stanton will get limited reps so a vet might be better.Culpepper or Stafford are the only 2 options to play obviously.

Alexander is safe, although we'll see how he recovers from injury. Delmas will beat will be the starting FS and Bullocks the SS.

Dizon its too early to completely give up on the guy. If he is outperformed by Follett and others fine, but don't cut him now. Maybe he has some use as a special teamer.
I think Keith Smith could be decent for us. He was improving before the injury last year.

We don't really need to be saving money. We still have money to spend.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Wait, is Avien Cason still on the roster?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Keith Smith could be decent for us. He was improving before the injury last year.
We don't really need to be saving money. We still have money to spend.

Yeah I liked him two years ago....:(
Old 05-05-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL

I would really love to read that article again. Great stuff.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saves 530 K.

He is the epitomy of wasted Millen 3rd round picks. Thank goodness Kevin Smith and Avril did something. I guess its impossible to miss on every 3rd round pick in 8 years. Now they have to take the next step.

Aaron Brown and Antone Smith did well in the rookie mini camp. Makes sense to get rid of Calhoun.
Man, I forgot he was a 3rd round pick... aye aye aye....

I like what I hear of Antoine Smith. He is officialy my "tryout guy to get excited for"
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Stanton is in his 2nd year if you let the IR year slide, and really he is 3rd on the depth chart. Let him live out his contract and die.

I pretty much agree its to early to rule these guys (Dizon, Alexander, Ikaika) out especially since they were brewing in Marinelli's marinara of stanky defense last year. Let them compete and get pushed down the depth chart. They are still young and have something to prove maybe one or two will rise to be "something". But still its bad that we have so many damn 2nd round picks that could theoretically be gone from the NFL after 3 years.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well another bites the dust... give it another season and 90% of Millen's picks will be purged from the team.

Nobody expects the Schwartzish Inquisition, ay?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote