Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Draft Thread

Discuss all 2010 Draft related happenings here
Old 05-04-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys thoughts on top needs for next year?
I'd go like this:
DT
QB
DE
After that it is dependent on how some of the unknowns and players on the hotseat perform. Like TE(which Shiancoe will we see?) S(how will Tyrell Johnson do?) C(how will John Sullivan do?) OLB(Leber upgrade ?), I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can think of right now. Then you get other small needs like FB and KR/PR, unless they want to use Harvin in that role.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Needs at this point: QB,DT,DE, FB

Possible others after this season: C,S,LB

I think Shiancoe is fine at TE. He's pretty much a luxury with the idea that Peterson, Harvin and Berrian will make the majority of our plays.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiancoe actually came on really well at the end of last season.

This is my list:
QB (This is only if we get Favre and Jackson and RosenFAIL fail.)
C
DT
CB

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pray to God that Tim Tebow isn't anywhere near our draft board next season....
Old 05-07-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I pray to God that Tim Tebow isn't anywhere near our draft board next season....
I agree 1000%(yes 3 0s). I hate Tebow so much that it isn't even possible for me to hate him more.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone wants to try Tebow at QB, he'd need to go someplace where he'd get 2 or 3 years to sit and watch (Charlie Whitehurst-style), but that place isn't Minnesota. The Vikings would almost be worst-case scenario for him.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
If someone wants to try Tebow at QB, he'd need to go someplace where he'd get 2 or 3 years to sit and watch (Charlie Whitehurst-style), but that place isn't Minnesota. The Vikings would almost be worst-case scenario for him.
Yeah. But due to our dumbass coach we would probably end up getting him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Yeah. But due to our dumbass coach we would probably end up getting him.
I doubt it, Chilly has too much man love for TJack.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Time to fire this back up as we are a quarter of the way through the season. What do you guys think are our top needs?
I would go with:
1. QB
2a. DE
2b. DT
4. CB
5. RB
6. FB

I've been pleased with Sullivan and Johnson so far, they haven't been superstars, but they've been good. I also want to say that I've been wrong on Harvin. I knew he had the talent, but I was worried that we wouldn't use him in the right ways or enough, and so far we've done that. Not as much on Monday night, but we didn't have to.

I also want to get your guys's thoughts on Pike vs. McCoy. To me, they are dead even, and will both likely be available in the late 1st, where it looks like we'll be picking. Who do you like better, why, and by how much?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Time to fire this back up as we are a quarter of the way through the season. What do you guys think are our top needs?
I would go with:
1. QB
2a. DE
2b. DT
4. CB
5. RB
6. FB

I've been pleased with Sullivan and Johnson so far, they haven't been superstars, but they've been good. I also want to say that I've been wrong on Harvin. I knew he had the talent, but I was worried that we wouldn't use him in the right ways or enough, and so far we've done that. Not as much on Monday night, but we didn't have to.

I also want to get your guys's thoughts on Pike vs. McCoy. To me, they are dead even, and will both likely be available in the late 1st, where it looks like we'll be picking. Who do you like better, why, and by how much?
1. QB
2. DE
3. CB
4. DT
5. OG/C
6. RB
7. FB

I'm not really sold on either McCoy or Pike being a franchise quarterback at the next level, but if I had to pick one, then it would Pike. I think McCoy's learning curve is going to be hard for him to overcome to reach the status of a "franchise quarterback."

Personally, I would rather take a shot at a defensive lineman or cornerback than take either one of those two late in the 1st round when one of those three (Pike, McCoy and Tebow) will most likely be available when the team picks in the second round, assuming that all four underclassmen declare.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I am actually thinking that DT isn't a need anymore. I have a feeling that Jimmy Kennedy could do a really good job being surrounded by defensive lineman like Kevin Williams and Jared Allen. And if Pat Williams teaches him a thing or two, I believe that Kennedy could be an above average starter. I say if the Vikings draft a DT, they should wait til the 4th or 5th round. Here is my list of what we need:

1. QB - Favre is just a temporary thing. I don't believe that he will be around next year. Or ya never know, he could be, and the Vikings could still draft someone like McCoy to learn from Favre for a season. I for one do not have faith in Rosenfels or Jackson.
2. CB - I am glad to see that the Vikings got a deal done with Winfield, but that doesn't mean he might start losing a step sometime soon. I would like to see the Vikings go CB for this pick. Not sure who yet, though..
3. RB - I have a feeling that Chester Taylor will be gone after this season. I think the Vikings should get a good complementary back for Peterson. Someone who is a power back who could pound the ball short yards on third downs. They could also get a back that is more or less a receiving back.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How the hell is everyone coming up with DE as a need? Allen, Edwards, Robison is solid.

Our #1 need on D is saftey. Tyrell Johnson and Madeau Williams blow. Our back up DT's have done a good job when Pat isn't in but I guess you could say DT is right up there too.

On O we obviously need a QB of the future but if Chester leaves RB will be priority in the 1st 3-4 rounds. I think we could use some interior line help also as Hutch isn't getting any younger and Hererra and Sullivan haven't proven to be very good.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
How the hell is everyone coming up with DE as a need? Allen, Edwards, Robison is solid.

Our #1 need on D is saftey. Tyrell Johnson and Madeau Williams blow. Our back up DT's have done a good job when Pat isn't in but I guess you could say DT is right up there too.

On O we obviously need a QB of the future but if Chester leaves RB will be priority in the 1st 3-4 rounds. I think we could use some interior line help also as Hutch isn't getting any younger and Hererra and Sullivan haven't proven to be very good.
The #1 need is certainly not safety on defense. The team has invested too much in Williams and Johnson for them to draft a safety in the first or second round.

I'm sort of up in the air right now when it comes to whether or not Ray Edwards returns after this season. He's off to a decent start so far this season and if he keeps it up then I wouldn't be surprised to see a team offer him a lot of money.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:52 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with whoever said our #1 need isn't DE, even if Edwards doesn't step up I've always liked Robison and I think he's earned a shot during the limited playing time that he's had.

I'd rank kthem like this.

1. QB
2. G
3. CB
4. WR

I don't see DT as a huge need really, but not because of Kennedy like vikes said. I really like what Fred Evans has been doing.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me without getting into a lot of details..

QB
OL
DT
FB
DE

O line just because of the age of Hutch, and maybe an upgrade over Herrera, and for when Cook sees the door. I do think that Kennedy/Evans would be solid if Pat were gone after this year.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously #1 need is a QB, #2 is maybe a DT(depending on how they feel about guys like Fred Evans or Guion.

After that pretty much just need depth all over the place. I would like to see another pass rush DE, Safety Depth, O-line Depth, and a replacement for Chester Taylor.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching today's game our 2nd biggest need after QB is definitely safety. Madieu Williams is awful. He doesn't make plays on the ball and he can't tackle. What a colossal waste of money he has been so far.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not terribly impressed with Tyrell Johnson either. He's still young, but he's been pretty underwhelming so far.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should go BPA this draft. QB is a need, and DT, CB, and S are also areas of concern. I'm hoping that Bradford falls hard and we scoop him up. If Favre played one more year (doubt it) he would be a great mentor for him.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I think Safety should be a high priority in this draft. Madieu Williams is garbage. I'd like to get McCoy in the late first.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, unless some kind of massive improvement, we need safety help. Also Id like an upgrade at DE for Ray Edwards. I think he is decent against the run, but thats it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I think we should go BPA this draft. QB is a need, and DT, CB, and S are also areas of concern. I'm hoping that Bradford falls hard and we scoop him up. If Favre played one more year (doubt it) he would be a great mentor for him.
I'm down with this plan. I don't think we'll be in a situation where we'll be able to pick up a quarterback like Locker, Clausen or Bradford so we should definitely go BPA.

I don't think Tebow, McCoy or Pike are worthy of 1st round picks (maybe not even second round picks) so I just think that we should take the safer talent rather than risk it on a quarterback who probably won't even pan out the way preferred.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
If it gets to be 3rd-4th round and Tebow is still there, I would gladly take him. There is something about a guy who just seems like a winner to me, and I want my team full of winners....which position he plays is open for discussion, but I'd look at QB first.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

What's the initial scouting positioning on Taylor Mays??? Is he a high 1st rounder like a Sean Taylor