Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

borderline top 10.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition

Last edited by General Zod : 10-20-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: I cant spell
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen a few places that have the Bradford injury dropping him into the middle or late 1st. If he has a Rodgers or Quinn like fall we gotta scoop him up. I'm in the camp that thinks Favre will be back next year (he's loving the vikes and seems very healthy) and letting Bradford watch for a season is just what he would need. I'd fall in love with Chilly if he some how made that happen. Bradford, AD & Harvin are a nice little trio.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hagy you're back.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB, Safety, CB pleeeeeeeeeease. Our safeties take the worst angles I have ever seen and Williams cannot tackle. I still have a tiny bit of hope for Johnson, but he still really hasn't shown much. Williams is a damn liability back there though, a ton of the big plays we have given up are because he can't come up and make the tackle or he is just in the wrong place all together.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I've seen a few places that have the Bradford injury dropping him into the middle or late 1st. If he has a Rodgers or Quinn like fall we gotta scoop him up. I'm in the camp that thinks Favre will be back next year (he's loving the vikes and seems very healthy) and letting Bradford watch for a season is just what he would need. I'd fall in love with Chilly if he some how made that happen. Bradford, AD & Harvin are a nice little trio.
I feel and think the same as you, and I could definitely see it happening. Our offense would be set for a quite a while if we could get Bradford.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not a big fan of the Colt McCoy pick(Scotts latest mock). But Id love to have Nate Allen to help us at Safety. Meidu Williams has been **** for us this year. Or maybe Arthur Jones for depth and a replacement for fat Pat.
(yes, I posted this in the draft thread) :-P

Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of McCoy either, but what the **** do I know. I loved Erasmus James and hated Greenway and Harvin. I'm still holding out hope that Bradford isn't ready by the time the combine and all the workouts come around and falls hard.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Greenway is the only player keeping that draft from being a complete an utter loss.
Harvin seems to line up every week I have been impressed with his over all toughness.
This year there is so many decent qbs Im not sure we need any one of them its best we just take the best over all player. Most likely we end up with McNabb for a season or two anyway. I wouldnt be against giving up a middle draft pick to ensure that. use the picks to replace aging players ala the patriots. Players especially qbs slide dont make any hasty descions take a dt or safty first round and let the draft come to us. Make a deal to get McNabb or Kolb build on what we have replacing aging players.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should trade a 2nd for Kevin Kolb.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:06 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Im not overly impressed with any of the QBs that might be there late in the first round.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I think we should trade a 2nd for Kevin Kolb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Im not overly impressed with any of the QBs that might be there late in the first round.
I agree with these. I would like to see us get a young potential franchise QB, but it'd be great if he is already semi-established and we don't have to wait for him to get ready. Other than trading for a guy like Kolb, we'd probably have to trade up in the first to get anyone worth it. I wouldn't mind us using a 2nd on Pike though, but his injury concerns and the job Collaros has done, scares me.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I agree with these. I would like to see us get a young potential franchise QB, but it'd be great if he is already semi-established and we don't have to wait for him to get ready. Other than trading for a guy like Kolb, we'd probably have to trade up in the first to get anyone worth it. I wouldn't mind us using a 2nd on Pike though, but his injury concerns and the job Collaros has done, scares me.
Actually now that we all know that Kolb can be a decent starter I think we would have to fork up a first for him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hate Pike. He's really overrated and is going to fall in the middle of draft. 4th or 5th round. He's not that good.

As for Kolb there is no way we'd be able to get him for a 2nd and there's no way I'd trade a 1st for him. If we wanted to go after Kolb why not just move up in the 1st round for a QB this year.

There is going to be someone who falls into the middle to late 1st. When that happens I think we'll jump at that. Gotta talk Favre into one more season...that's key.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd hate Pike. He's really overrated and is going to fall in the middle of draft. 4th or 5th round. He's not that good.

As for Kolb there is no way we'd be able to get him for a 2nd and there's no way I'd trade a 1st for him. If we wanted to go after Kolb why not just move up in the 1st round for a QB this year.

There is going to be someone who falls into the middle to late 1st. When that happens I think we'll jump at that. Gotta talk Favre into one more season...that's key.
I don't think we nesecarilly have to talk Favre into 1 more season. They did sign Sage to an extension and he can be a half way decent game manager to play while they groom a Young QB. But than again unless we actually end up winning the SB I don't think we will have any trouble getting Favre to come back for 1 more year.

Also I agree on Tony Pike he was very over-rated, I don't think he is a 4th-5th rounder however. In the end I would say 3rd round with an outside chance at the 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes29
Actually now that we all know that Kolb can be a decent starter I think we would have to fork up a first for him.
I don't think a trade for Kolb would end up happening. I just don't really see why Andy Reid would want to trade Kolb. Especially considering that McNabb has always been pretty injury prone Kolb is valuable for the Eagles for the future and their present(as a very capable backup). Also considering if Andy feels that kid can be thier next franchise QB there is no way he lets him go. However if for some reason andy does want to trade Kolb it would definatly take at least our 1st round pick and maybe another later pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod
I am not that extremely impressed with any of them either. However I do find Colt McCoy a bit intriguing he's very accurate, intelligent, and has some good intangibles. Other than McCoy, I don't like any of the QB's that are likely to be available for the Vikes.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 11-14-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Kolb is pretty beast. He played some great ball when Donovan was out with that rib injury earlier this season.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Kolb is pretty beast. He played some great ball when Donovan was out with that rib injury earlier this season.
You're completely ignoring how bad Kolb has looked as well. "Beast" is a bit of an overstatement.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I just updated our 2010 Needs thread below....take a peak and let me know what you guys think.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Come on we are Viking fans we never get what we want. It wouldnt surprise me if we end up signing Rex Grossman and drafting Tim Tebow Childress goes to the florida well way too many times lol. Sorry the guy still hasnt sold me that he can win a playoff game his game time descions leave something to be desired. A double reverse CHilly? really that rates right up there with a screen pass on the 1 yd line or three play action passes from the 6 inch line with AP on the roster
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

We will not touch Tebow. Write that down...
Old 11-22-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we will look at a guy like Toby Gerhart at the end of Round 1 with Chester Taylor being a UFA. Maybe even a guy like Jahvid Best falls if he comes out.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I wonder if we will look at a guy like Toby Gerhart at the end of Round 1 with Chester Taylor being a UFA. Maybe even a guy like Jahvid Best falls if he comes out.
Gerhart is a giant no. He's a big, bruising, between the tackles type guy and that's not what we need if Chester leaves. I already said I'd be on board with a guy like Spiller assuming there's no option at QB for us. That being said RB would be a HUGE luxury in round one and I'd prefer we look the defensive side of the ball if there isn't an option at QB.

Last edited by hagy34 : 11-23-2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Spiller would be an awesome pick. But I'd rather go QB or S there.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Spiller would be an awesome pick. But I'd rather go QB or S there.
Me too but there has gotta be someone there who's worth it. I have a feeling we'll have to move up a little to grab a QB and I'm undecided on who will be there at S. Time will tell....
Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

1. Safety
2. Safety
3. Safety
4. Safety
5. Safety
6. Safety
7. Safety

And pray to God that one of them pans out.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

That game last night really shows we need a S big time. Nate Allen is sounding pretty damn good to me or someone like Earl Thomas if he comes out.

As of right now, I want us to resign Edwards, and then in round 1 take either a QB if there is a worthy one available or if not a S.

Also, what do you guys think about signing Campbell this offseason, he looked really good yesterday and has looked quite good the past couple games with the Skins weapons. I know this was brought up this offseason on here, and most people liked the idea, I just want to know how opinions have changed.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: