Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-26-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone interested in terrence "mount" cody if his current weigh-in debacle drops him to the bottom of the third? with fat pat possibly retiring this season, and maybe only coming back for next season, he might be a good replacement. cody doesnt seem to have the pass rush skills, but he is definitely a line/toilet clogger

Last edited by russie : 01-26-2010 at 07:22 AM.
russie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely think we should and will keep Berrian as he has talent, and his contract isn't bad for the next 2 years.
As far as RB goes, I'd love to see us take Montario Hardesty in the 3rd. From what I've read, he hasn't fumbled once in college.

Right now, as far as dream drafts go, I'd go with either:
1. Sam Bradford
2. Morgan Burnett
3. Montario Hardesty

1. Nate Allen/Chad Jones
2. Colt McCoy
3. Montario Hardesty

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I definitely think we should and will keep Berrian as he has talent, and his contract isn't bad for the next 2 years.
As far as RB goes, I'd love to see us take Montario Hardesty in the 3rd. From what I've read, he hasn't fumbled once in college.

1. Sam Bradford 1. Nate Allen/Chad Jones
2. Morgan Burnett 2. Colt McCoy
3. Montario Hardesty 3. Montario Hardesty
thats my dream draft as well. i am starting to warmup to iupati if he is available, as well...
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
thats my dream draft as well. i am starting to warmup to iupati if he is available, as well...
I agree, I don't think G is as big of a need as QB and S, but it is up there now.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post

1. Sam Bradford 1. Nate Allen/Chad Jones
2. Morgan Burnett 2. Colt McCoy
3. Montario Hardesty 3. Montario Hardesty
I really like Hardesty a lot as well. He runs hard and just looks like he has a good feel for the position. I feel he's a guy who will be a great backup and can also step in and produce for brief stretches if the starter goes down.

I don't think Bradford is an elite quarterback prospect, but in our system I feel he could thrive. If he drops a bit I'd love to see us make an attempt to move up and nab him.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Favre retires than I think O-line is a big priority. We couldn't run block for **** this year, and if we have T-Jack or Rosenfels we will need AD to have some breathing room to take the pressure of the QB's.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, I really don't think we are going to look at Colt McCoy. I just don't think he has the arm Childress is looking for. I am not saying McCoy is gonna be an NFL bust, but I just don't think his skillset fits into our offensive scheme.

Dan LeFevour is interesting to me as a project 4th-6th round QB.. he was putting some nice zip on his 15-25 yard throws in Senior Bowl practice. Maybe not a starter, but definitely a solid backup in my opinion.

I think Childress goes hard after McNabb if Favre goes, and if not, probably go into TC with the same QB scenario as last year with Rosenfels and Jackson battling it out. Kevin Kolb is an option as well via trade.

If there is one mistake Childress has made it was failing to pull the trigger for Matt Schaub when we had the chance for a 2nd.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
anyone interested in terrence "mount" cody if his current weigh-in debacle drops him to the bottom of the third? with fat pat possibly retiring this season, and maybe only coming back for next season, he might be a good replacement. cody doesnt seem to have the pass rush skills, but he is definitely a line/toilet clogger
Yeah, I'm not a big Cody fan. He seems lazy and unintelligent to me. Dan Williams is a much better prospect in my book. I think Cody drops to round 2 or possibly round 3 as the predraft workouts go on.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Im not sure intelligence is a priority when it comes to DT. I have totally lost any love I had for Colt McCoy after the national title game. I have said all along I believe McNabb will be the qb of the vikings. Along with another project pick like zack robinson. WHich I dont hate near as much as I wold hate the Idea of wasting a 1st rounder on a non starter. I think our saftys are better then most give credit. Look at some of the passing games we faced and shut down.My personal list goes something like this.
DT
LB
CB
QB
Safety
RB
OL
We need a replacement for PAT And Kevin is no spring chicken
MLB to compete with brinkley because Im not sure how much longer we keep EJ due to chronic injuries. Plus Leber isnt young
QB Im not a fan of taking a qb unless he starts and no rookie Qb will be that successful
Rb is easiest to replace
OL I blame as much of petersons decline on peterson as I do the O line
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Im not sure intelligence is a priority when it comes to DT. I have totally lost any love I had for Colt McCoy after the national title game. I have said all along I believe McNabb will be the qb of the vikings. Along with another project pick like zack robinson. WHich I dont hate near as much as I wold hate the Idea of wasting a 1st rounder on a non starter. I think our saftys are better then most give credit. Look at some of the passing games we faced and shut down.My personal list goes something like this.
DT
LB
CB
QB
Safety
RB
OL
We need a replacement for PAT And Kevin is no spring chicken
MLB to compete with brinkley because Im not sure how much longer we keep EJ due to chronic injuries. Plus Leber isnt young
QB Im not a fan of taking a qb unless he starts and no rookie Qb will be that successful
Rb is easiest to replace
OL I blame as much of petersons decline on peterson as I do the O line
Outside of a kicker, I want every player on my football team to have good FBI (football instincts). I just don't see that with Cody. That's me, however, and you're right, the guy would have one role in the NFL, but I just feel like he is a one-trick pony and that Dan Williams at least has shown some sign of potentially being able to get some pressure up the middle.

Zac Robinson is awful. He is Tebow with a worse frame, worse production, worst arm, and worse intangibles. He's going to be a 6th rounder at best. He really brings nothing to the table as a prospect.

Any thoughts on LeFevour if we are going mid-round for a QB?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

VERY early dream mock for me

1) Earl Thomas
2) Daryl Washington
3) Ed Dickson
4) Joe McKnight
5) Zoltan Mesko
6) Syd'Quan Thompson
Old 01-26-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Any thoughts on LeFevour if we are going mid-round for a QB?
I'd love it. He's shown below average zip on his passes so far at Senior Day, but I'd love to have him as a 3rd developmental QB.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebowzzzzz

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
VERY early dream mock for me

1) Earl Thomas
2) Daryl Washington
3) Ed Dickson
4) Joe McKnight
5) Zoltan Mesko
6) Syd'Quan Thompson
Haven't seen to many people in this thread talking about Daryl Washington but I really like him as a 2nd rnd possibility for the Vikings.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Haven't seen to many people in this thread talking about Daryl Washington but I really like him as a 2nd rnd possibility for the Vikings.
He's my guy in this draft. He can play any of the three linebacker spots for us, although I think his best fit is on the weakside (where we currently have Greenway).. he'd be a stud strongside linebacker, though. He can definitely cover NFL TE's from what I have seen.

He's a huge hitter, he's quick, he covers extremely well, and he is productive and a leader.

There are flaws in his game, but our current scheme allows for our linebackers to roam a ton. He's not going to take on any blocks and win many POA battles.

He's a realistic possibility @ 30 and I could see him being there at 62 in a perfect world, but I really doubt it.

Definitely a luxury pick since Leber has been serviceable, so I don't really see them moving up to get him.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a massive Daryl Washington fan myself and would love to have him on the team next year.

I think he's a Top 20 talent player who just hasn't gotten as much publicity as players like McClain and other essential defensive players.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I think the combine is going to cure that id be shocked if we could get washington in the first round hardly the second. Remember precombine drafts change completely once the combine has come and goneI wouldnt be surprised if we were able to get mt cody to go along with mt mckinnie
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

What do you guys think of Brian Price. No one has really been talking about him on here. Personally I would love it if we could somehow land him if he falls. Hes going to be a stud.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by jimmylishis : 01-29-2010 at 07:45 PM.
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure the team has a fit for Brian Price. I don't think he is the definite replacement for Pat Williams if that is what the team would be aiming after.

I think Dan Williams or maybe even Jared Odrick would be a better pick than Brian Price, even if he is available at 30, which I don't see happening.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup, brian price definitely isnt a NT. i agree with you that he is gonna be a machine, but he plays the same position as kevin, so that would be a completely wasted pick. we need someone like dan williams if we go the DT route. i would prefer a safety and a quarterback in the first two rounds. chad jones/colt mccoy anyone?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
yup, brian price definitely isnt a NT. i agree with you that he is gonna be a machine, but he plays the same position as kevin, so that would be a completely wasted pick. we need someone like dan williams if we go the DT route. i would prefer a safety and a quarterback in the first two rounds. chad jones/colt mccoy anyone?
I'm not nearly as familiar with Chad Jones as I am with players like Thomas, Berry, Mays or even Nate Allen, so I can't say I agree or disagree.

I mean, I know he's a hell of an athlete but how is he in coverage/angles and awareness. Obviously he is still a bit raw because he didn't focus fully on the fooseball, but still nonetheless, he is a great talent.

Quarterback wise, I think I would rather have Tebow than McCoy. I really don't see McCoy fulfilling any of the "Jake Plummer" potential and if Tebow doesn't flourish as an NFL quarterback, he can at least be a great H-Back at the next level.

What's Colt McCoy's second option? Pine.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I'm not nearly as familiar with Chad Jones as I am with players like Thomas, Berry, Mays or even Nate Allen, so I can't say I agree or disagree.

I mean, I know he's a hell of an athlete but how is he in coverage/angles and awareness. Obviously he is still a bit raw because he didn't focus fully on the fooseball, but still nonetheless, he is a great talent.

Quarterback wise, I think I would rather have Tebow than McCoy. I really don't see McCoy fulfilling any of the "Jake Plummer" potential and if Tebow doesn't flourish as an NFL quarterback, he can at least be a great H-Back at the next level.

What's Colt McCoy's second option? Pine.
i hate tim tebow more than any other athlete except for tyler hansborough. ill take colt mccoy :)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebowzzz please.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'll go ahead and say neither. Gimme Jevan Snead before either and then we can just go ahead and hope he fixes his accuracy issues.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Wasn't even thinking of Snead...

I would take him as well, but if he is gone than I'm aiming for Tebow.

So, who are some senior bowl players that you guys would like to see in a Vikes uni in 2010?

Here are some of mine:

- Joe Webb ATH Alabama-Birmingham - I've basically became a big fan of his over the week. I wouldn't mind the team taking him with a 6th/7th round pick.

- Syd'Quan Thompson CB California - Seems to be a poor man's Antoine Winfield and he could learn a lot from Winfield. Asher Allen seems to be the guy as of late, but we'll see.

- Daryl Washington LB Texas Christian - Highly doubt it happens but I'm a big fan of his, he is going to be a great pro.

- Cam Thomas DT North Carolina - Put on a decent show this week and has the size to be an eventual project replacement for Pat Williams.

- Nate Allen S South Florida

- Mike Iupati - Definitely won't happen but one can always have dreams