Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-07-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
**** my life.
Yay! Go Wings! Or Lions.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No "and" lions? Well, i guess we have to wait to cheer for the lions
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2-2 series. ducks aren't winning another game this season.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5-6 wins...I think that our Lions will be decent this year...competitive anyways.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want you guys to go Eric Berry! I'll go buy an EB Lions jersey!

In one Draft, the Titans drafted their franchise LT Michael Roos in the 2nd RD, their franchise RT David Stewart in the 4th RD, and their swing OL Daniel Loper in the 5th RD. In a previous Draft, they did have to use a 1st RD pick to get their stud DT Albert Haynesworth.

So, if Schwartz wants to try to reflect that method, he could pass on the LT in the 1st RD - which would probably piss off all the people who wanted a LT in this Draft - in favor of a DT.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-11-2009 at 08:26 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I want you guys to go Eric Berry! I'll go buy an EB Lions jersey!

In one Draft, the Titans drafted their franchise LT Michael Roos in the 2nd RD, their franchise RT David Stewart in the 4th RD, and their swing OL Daniel Loper in the 5th RD. In a previous Draft, they did have to use a 1st RD pick to get their stud DT Albert Haynesworth.

So, if Schwartz wants to try to reflect that method, he could pass on the LT in the 1st RD - which would probably piss off all the people who wanted a LT in this Draft - in favor of a DT.
you're forgetting two things though:

1. The titans can draft (except for the 40 RB's in the first two days)
2. The Lions have so far shown little ability to draft.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ciron Black will be the top rated LT in the draft when next year rolls around. I would go DE or LT in round 1. I tend to think it's easier to find a good DT in round 2 than a good LT. Dunlap, Ciron Black, or Berry/Mays. Nothing wrong with having two sweet safeties. Delmas and Berry/Mays would be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think that if our staff tohught LT was a huge need that oher woulda been the pick at 20.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i think that if our staff tohught LT was a huge need that oher woulda been the pick at 20.
BPA was pettigrew, Oher had some questions. Besides if the Stafford deal is constructed as they say it is he's cheap enough not to start this year, so they can fix it next year. Rookie LT's can play and play well, Rookie QB's are best with a clipboard.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 4 wins is doable if Schwartz can be a HC which is still unproven at this point. I'm hoping for the best but doing it is another thing altogether.

On offense:
QB C with Culpepper starting with some improvement possible.
RB C+ Smith is solid but unspectacular
WR A although we still need a couple of more WR's to come through
OL C+ if we are serious about running the ball, the OL may do better than expected.
DE D+ just not much there
DT D+ not up to snuff just yet.
LB C better than last year but a long ways to go.
CB C+ certainly better than last year but may really struggle if we cannot mount a pass rush.
S B should be effective against the run, just not sure how well it does with such a weak DL vs the pass

We still have a long ways to go especially on defense. It will be very interesting to see how Schwartz's background as a DC translates to HCing and how much he can get out of that defense.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think 4 wins is doable if Schwartz can be a HC which is still unproven at this point. I'm hoping for the best but doing it is another thing altogether.

On offense:
QB C with Culpepper starting with some improvement possible.
RB C+ Smith is solid but unspectacular
WR A although we still need a couple of more WR's to come through
OL C+ if we are serious about running the ball, the OL may do better than expected.
DE D+ just not much there
DT D+ not up to snuff just yet.
LB C better than last year but a long ways to go.
CB C+ certainly better than last year but may really struggle if we cannot mount a pass rush.
S B should be effective against the run, just not sure how well it does with such a weak DL vs the pass

We still have a long ways to go especially on defense. It will be very interesting to see how Schwartz's background as a DC translates to HCing and how much he can get out of that defense.
I think you're a little down on our linebacking trio. We have reliable veterans and youth with some upside.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lions are good enough to be the first team picking in the NFC North. They might win 6 games and depending on how the rest of the league does they may still be selecting from 5th-9th overall.
The best players available for improving the defense are Suh, McCoy, Hardy, Mays, Berry, Spikes and Dunlap.
Suh and McCoy are stud DT's. I do not like Mount Cody.
Hardy and Dunlap are premier DE's.
Mays may be Urlacher reborn or he may be the prototype strong safety.
E. Berry is a great DB wherever you play him.
Spikes may fall far enough to be a quality addition in the middle of the round. Herzlich will be there, too. So will Jerry Hughes and a CB or two.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course Okung will be available and a stable of good RB's, too.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
you're forgetting two things though:

1. The titans can draft (except for the 40 RB's in the first two days)
2. The Lions have so far shown little ability to draft.
Blast! Don't make me make a WR joke! :D

The Titans haven't really been an amazing Drafting team, to be honest. They haven't done poorly, but they've been relatively hit or miss. In actuality, it's been the ability to let bigger name FA's leave and replacing them, and bringing in under the radar players who fit the scheme. I think Schwartz can help bring that ability to the Lions, and I think that was demonstrated by bringing in guys like Larry Foote, Grady Jackson, Daniel Loper, Eric King, and trading for guys like Anthony Henry and Julian Peterson.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
I think the Lions are good enough to be the first team picking in the NFC North. They might win 6 games and depending on how the rest of the league does they may still be selecting from 5th-9th overall.
The best players available for improving the defense are Suh, McCoy, Hardy, Mays, Berry, Spikes and Dunlap.
Suh and McCoy are stud DT's. I do not like Mount Cody.
Hardy and Dunlap are premier DE's.
Mays may be Urlacher reborn or he may be the prototype strong safety.
E. Berry is a great DB wherever you play him.
Spikes may fall far enough to be a quality addition in the middle of the round. Herzlich will be there, too. So will Jerry Hughes and a CB or two.
He has cancer, so I highly doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think you're a little down on our linebacking trio. We have reliable veterans and youth with some upside.
As long as the DL stinks, the LB's will be extremely limited in what they can do. They aren't going to be getting a whole lot of help and I don't think they are good enough to compensate.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
He has cancer, so I highly doubt that.
7th round flyer?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-16-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
7th round flyer?
He's probably done with football completely.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
He's probably done with football completely.
well that sucks... let's hope for his sake he survives this.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-16-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Everson Griffen or Eric Berry for me. Ev is going to have a monster year for the Trojans. Eric Berry would have been a top 10 pick had he come out last year. He is an Ed Reed type game changer but can actually tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:22 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

There is a lot to like about next year's draft. I would draft either Gerald McCoy or Ndamokung Suh with first options on Carlos Dunlap, Greg Hardy and Everson Griffen.
Secondly, I would draft Spikes, Lindley, Haden, Mays or Eric Berry.
Lastly, Russell Okung, Trent Williams and Bryan Bulaga would garner LT attention. And, if there were a running back who just demanded he be drafted, like Aikman's Emmitt Smith well, I would have to think about it.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
There is a lot to like about next year's draft. I would draft either Gerald McCoy or Ndamokung Suh with first options on Carlos Dunlap, Greg Hardy and Everson Griffen.
Secondly, I would draft Spikes, Lindley, Haden, Mays or Eric Berry.
Lastly, Russell Okung, Trent Williams and Bryan Bulaga would garner LT attention. And, if there were a running back who just demanded he be drafted, like Aikman's Emmitt Smith well, I would have to think about it.
I don't think RB is worth considering for the lions at this point. Smith is servicable, maybe not superb, but decent enough. We have massive needs at the lines, DE, DT, LT... any of those three positions should be the pick. Berry and Mays are fantastic talents, but I think safety is a spot where we have Bullocks, Alexander and now Delmas, so at least there is something there. Not to say that Mays and Berry wouldn't be a massive upgrade, but they would be luxury picks.
If we manage to land a top OT or DE next year (maybe a DT, who knows) we'd help ourselves a lot more than with a RB or safety. We need a corner too, but since we'll be picking in the top 5 again most likely I don't think we'll go that route.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-17-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want any of the defensive monster playmakers. oline help can come later.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i want any of the defensive monster playmakers. oline help can come later.
yeah screw the #1 overall QB who has an 80 million dollar deal!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-17-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I think we need a Dline monster in 2010 and we're set up nicely to get one based on how the class looks. Stupid Millen/Marinelli trading away Shaun Rogers. I know he wasn't happy and unmotivated but still guy was a difference maker, and in hindsight losing him really caused 0-16 to happen. DT or DE in 2010 unless Fluellen,Avril and Sammie Lee Hill peform some sort of uber suprise this year on the field. Probably 2 of them would have to suprise in order to stay away from the Dline.

Oline hopefully is a deep class next year. I think right now it seems to be deep so hope it stays that way and a tackle falls into Round 2.

Mays and Berry are incredible talents. But safety in the top 5 I don't know how much that really helps us. But if our corners are lacking two stud safeites assuming Delmas is what he's cracked up to be would help on the back end. Bullocks and Alexander are both on the last years of their deals this year. So its do or die time for them. I like Bullocks in run support, he needs to work on his coverage. And Alexanders injury hurt him. Stupid 2nd Round Millen curse.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote