Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think Price will be available in the 2nd round. He isn't a great fit for alot of teams and there is a far too much of talent that is worthy of going in the 1st round.
As I said earlier in this thread I strongly disagree with that notion, dude's dominated the PAC-10 the way Sed Ellis did on his charge into the top 10. Add to that some damn near elite athleticism, good size and strength and I think he's easily a top 20 pick.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I WANT MYRON ROLLE.
that's it. take Price early and Rolle round 2 or 3. He's climbing that high. I want him badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I WANT MYRON ROLLE.
that's it. take Price early and Rolle round 2 or 3. He's climbing that high. I want him badly.
Is Rolle going to play this year? I know he is eligilble for the draft, but wasn't he going to go to England to be a Rhodes scholar.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did that last year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle supposedly looks excellent so far. Wouldn't mind him at all in Round 2 or 3.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we can get a stellar DT in this draft, we have never had a big bad mean DT, and I want one. I want a guy who can take up space to help our LBs, and can also get to the QB

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Scotty I want to draft Rolle
Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle is going to have to test very well on top of those impressive intangibles to get picked in the first two rounds with the talent at safety in this draft. He was a dud in college and isn't a great athlete, he's smart and can clearly bust his ass at something he's dedicated to but is his upside really as good as someone like Nate Allen who's bigger, more athletic and already a better safety than him? I wouldn't be opposed to rolle in round 4 if we shift Ross over to FS but I don't think he'll be more than a solid starter at best.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle is an intriguing prospect. On 1 hand, he can be a nice box safety to compliment Phillips. Also, his intelligence is definitely helpful, it will help avoid so much confusion we had in the secondary when Kenny went down and having 2 guys who know how to line everyone up is valuable. Good character guy, smart, and decent athlete.

On the other hand, you question how much he wants to play this game, his cameras that follow him around can be a distraction, he was largely ineffective as a player on the field, and there are better safeties out there.

So I don't know what to make of him yet.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just love him, and have been saying it before his good senior bowl workouts. He's incredibly smart and well spoken and will fit this team perfectly and is a great compliment to KP. He just fits. I've got a great feeling about him, I really do, despite his year off...
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is, he's a nice compliment to Kenny. But we have to approach the safety position as if Kenny isn't ever coming back. Because if he's never the same, we have the same old problem again.

Its a sticky situation.

Me personally, I'm getting infatuated with Dan Williams. its not the sexy pick, but the guy reminds me of Pat Williams. And a guy like that would do WONDERS for our defense.

Trade back and land Dan Williams and Brandon Spikes. Sounds like a plan.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Im not digging Oghabasse. I saw more of him, and I'm not a fan.

Need to see some Price. I really think Dan Williams is just what we need though.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im not digging Oghabasse. I saw more of him, and I'm not a fan.

Need to see some Price. I really think Dan Williams is just what we need though.
Williams scares me. He needs to be motivated constantly from what I understand. I don't want players like that on the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Williams scares me. He needs to be motivated constantly from what I understand. I don't want players like that on the Giants.
every big DT gets that stigma thrown on them coming out. if they were always motivated, they'd be 300 lbs instead of 330.

But we need one of those big guys. we've ignored that problem for far too long.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
every big DT gets that stigma thrown on them coming out. if they were always motivated, they'd be 300 lbs instead of 330.

But we need one of those big guys. we've ignored that problem for far too long.
That's not really true. Not saying he's better but you don't here any concerns about Price like you do for Williams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That's not really true. Not saying he's better but you don't here any concerns about Price like you do for Williams.
Well, maybe he can fall to the 2nd then. At that point, why not?

We're running some form of Tampa 2, and it seems like Williams thrived in that front. And we hired a Tampa line coach. So the pieces of the puzzle are adding up. Maybe Williams will just fit in with what we are doing.

He isn't my first choice, but I wouldn't mind him. I really have no idea what we are doing this year. We can go in a # of different directions.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Keep an eye on Anthony Davis and Trent Williams. 1 of the 2 could fall to 15, and I wouldn't mind either of them.

Davis would make a great LT. Williams, Id rather have at RT and move Beatty to LT.

But either way, we'll have bookend Tackles for years to come if we get one of those 2 in the 1st. And thats never a bad thing.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If we take a safety at 15, it better be Earl Thomas. Unless Berry magically falls to 15 which will never happen.

But Thomas is the 2nd best safety on the board.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

BBD, there's ZERO chance Davis falls to us. Top 8 at the worst
Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
BBD, there's ZERO chance Davis falls to us. Top 8 at the worst
We can always trade up. According to Vacchiano Beatty is going to move to RT for McKenzie so LT might be up for grabs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Zak, if we trade up for Davis...my lord we're tearing this place apart...in a good way. you too BBD. We'll go insane. I'll cry tears of joy
Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Zak, if we trade up for Davis...my lord we're tearing this place apart...in a good way. you too BBD. We'll go insane. I'll cry tears of joy
I'd be ecstatic. Not to throw cold water on it though I have read that Reese didn't take Britt because he didn't want him to be close to home where all his friends would be. Hopefully that wasn't true though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am actually thinking Brian Price in the 1st round

Rolle would be nice in the mid rounds, assuming his speed checks out ok

I think we could go with a couple of safeties in the draft. There is a ton of talent there.

Perhaps Rolle in the 4th/5th round and someone like Chad Jones in the 2nd round
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Part of me thinks we can get Mays in the 2nd round now. I hate taking DTs in the first though, and there is no way Coughlin trusts a rookie MLB, so unless McLain drops, I'd draft the top OL on the board at 15
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would we move Beatty to RT when his strength by far is pass protection? His run blocking is not great.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote