Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
why would we move Beatty to RT when his strength by far is pass protection? His run blocking is not great.
Everything I've read so far has said the coaching staff sees him as a RT right now. That can change though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont understand it at all

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty wasn't that impressive at all the last 2 games of the year. I understand that really nobody was but I don't think it's that good of an idea to pencil him in as the LT of the future just yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Beatty wasn't that impressive at all the last 2 games of the year. I understand that really nobody was but I don't think it's that good of an idea to pencil him in as the LT of the future just yet.
He was our best lineman the one game and outside of a few mistakes looked good the other. I don't see why we wouldn't expect a lot from him when his resume points to that being the case? I mean does he not have very quick feet? Does he not use leverage and his burst to run block well? Does he not have solid pass blocking technique and a nice punch? I understand he needs to continue adding weight, but that's not unreasonable to expect and when you start to add more brute strength to his skillset you'll find that makes a mighty fine LT.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see how the Beatty situation plays out. We really have no idea what they're going to do really. We do know he's got potential and could start somewhere along the line next year.

As far as prospects go, Dan Williams boys and girls, he's going to be a good one. He dominated the Senior Bowl. He reminds me of Pat Williams a lot.

I loved Graham from Michigan before the Senior Bowl, now I love him even more. I wouldn't mind him at 15 either, even if it is a pure luxury pick.

Weatherspoon could be a sleeper pick for us. He's athletic and has size. He can play MIKE if he had to, although he's probably a better WILL. I love his leadership too.

I rather have McClain or Spikes personally, but I wouldn't mind Spoon either.

Call me crazy, but I really want either Dan Williams or Brandon Graham. I think Graham is going to be an absolute stud. I like Sergio Kindle too. But I really like Graham. Explosive first step, great leverage, great technique, multiple rush moves, he's a beast vs the run, he has everything. He's going to be a monster.

With Tuck being injury prone, Osi potentially being washed up, and Kiwi being pretty average thus far, I think having a guy like Graham is a good thing. At the very least, it allows us to let Kiwi walk, or even trade him.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
He was our best lineman the one game and outside of a few mistakes looked good the other. I don't see why we wouldn't expect a lot from him when his resume points to that being the case? I mean does he not have very quick feet? Does he not use leverage and his burst to run block well? Does he not have solid pass blocking technique and a nice punch? I understand he needs to continue adding weight, but that's not unreasonable to expect and when you start to add more brute strength to his skillset you'll find that makes a mighty fine LT.
I like Beatty to keep improving but as I said when he got to start the last 2 games of the year he didn't look as good when he just came in during the middle of games. Of course he'll keep improving but I just don't think it that's good of an idea to hand him the keys right away.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We'll see how the Beatty situation plays out. We really have no idea what they're going to do really. We do know he's got potential and could start somewhere along the line next year.

As far as prospects go, Dan Williams boys and girls, he's going to be a good one. He dominated the Senior Bowl. He reminds me of Pat Williams a lot.

I loved Graham from Michigan before the Senior Bowl, now I love him even more. I wouldn't mind him at 15 either, even if it is a pure luxury pick.

Weatherspoon could be a sleeper pick for us. He's athletic and has size. He can play MIKE if he had to, although he's probably a better WILL. I love his leadership too.

I rather have McClain or Spikes personally, but I wouldn't mind Spoon either.

Call me crazy, but I really want either Dan Williams or Brandon Graham. I think Graham is going to be an absolute stud. I like Sergio Kindle too. But I really like Graham. Explosive first step, great leverage, great technique, multiple rush moves, he's a beast vs the run, he has everything. He's going to be a monster.

With Tuck being injury prone, Osi potentially being washed up, and Kiwi being pretty average thus far, I think having a guy like Graham is a good thing. At the very least, it allows us to let Kiwi walk, or even trade him.
I'd like Graham, Kindle, or Weatherspoon. If I was comfortable knowing that Weatherspoon can play Mike I'd have him #2 on my wish list right now behind McClain. I like Goff but I still think McClain and Weatherspoon would be an upgrade. We can move Sintim to DE and still take Weatherspoon though. I need to more of Williams and Price to decide between the two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let Beatty earn the LT spot. Right now, no, he is not a better option than Diehl. The only reason why he is pegged as a RT right now is bc McKenzie is getting up there in years, whereas Diehl still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Let Beatty get his weight up, get stronger, and have a strong TC. Then we'll see where we put him.

It wouldn't even surprise me if he sits again this year. I don't mind it really, you can never have too much depth, and you give him another year to develop slowly. I think he'll be ready, but if there is no need to rush it, then don't.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Let Beatty earn the LT spot. Right now, no, he is not a better option than Diehl. The only reason why he is pegged as a RT right now is bc McKenzie is getting up there in years, whereas Diehl still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Let Beatty get his weight up, get stronger, and have a strong TC. Then we'll see where we put him.

It wouldn't even surprise me if he sits again this year. I don't mind it really, you can never have too much depth, and you give him another year to develop slowly. I think he'll be ready, but if there is no need to rush it, then don't.
Exactly this is all I'm saying right now. I think McKenzie still does a decent job but I'd rather put Beatty at RT to get his feet wet before LT.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'd like Graham, Kindle, or Weatherspoon. If I was comfortable knowing that Weatherspoon can play Mike I'd have him #2 on my wish list right now behind McClain. I like Goff but I still think McClain and Weatherspoon would be an upgrade. We can move Sintim to DE and still take Weatherspoon though. I need to more of Williams and Price to decide between the two.
We are in a position to get a high quality player with our pick. We can go in a # of directions too.

It is just gonna pain me to know that Graham will go to another team. He's going to be a monster. I really hope Philly doesn't grab him.

I don't know what to make of Pierre Paul yet. He reminds me of Kiwi.

I need to see Price. Haven't scouted him yet. I really like Dan Williams though. We need a guy with some mass to him. It wouldn't be a sexy pick, but Id be happy with it.

This is a draft with so much talent, you really wish we had more picks than we have.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Exactly this is all I'm saying right now. I think McKenzie still does a decent job but I'd rather put Beatty at RT to get his feet wet before LT.
Im really not worried about our Tackle situation all that much. Im more worried about our Center. I know Im beating a dead horse, but Ive wanted a Center for several years now.

When we slide Diehl inside, we'll have one of the better Guard duos in the league. I like Beatty wherever we put him. I think we can draft a RT, or even use Whimper there. I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind Whimper at RT.

Its just Center that worries me. We have no depth either.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id rather beatty just focus on getting his upperbody stronger and bigger, he looked small.

As for Brandon Graham, i love him as a player, but we cant pick him just off that, he wont fit us. Dan Williams would be ok, but he's not worth 15, i dont feel like anyone besides Anthony Davis is worth 15 for us.

that said i still love Earl Thomas, and i wont abandon us taking him because, i still believe he's a 20-25 pick range player, and that is the range we should be trading back to because we need to rebuild our lines. If he isn't there, Dan Williams/Brian Price will most likely be, its not like we're screwing ourselves.

Another thing, i want Spikes or Spoon, Spoon reminds me of Beason coming out, and i was in love, but we won the SB and KP was our pick. Spikes is not going to do well in the 40 apparently, but he seems to be fast enough, quick enough on the field and more.

I know people here dont feel like RB is the way to go, but there are two hardnosed runners in this draft available in 2nd/3rd in Ryan Matthews and Jonathan Dwyer, we need one if Andre Brown isnt coming back 100%

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love Earl Thomas. Thats another guy Id be happy with. He's my #2 Safety on the board.

I'm very iffy on Mays. Right now I see him as a 2nd round guy. He's really not that good. I wouldn't mind him, but I think there are better options.

Graham can play DE. I think the knock is he's small so he can't, but that didn't stop Trent Cole. Graham is good enough to play either 3-4 rushbacker spot, and either 4-3 end spot.

I just think he's going to be a special player. I think we might view our pass rush to be better than it really is. Tuck is always hurt, Kiwi at this point is just a JAG, and Osi may never be the same. Im guessing Osi comes back in a big way next year, but even if he does, having Graham in that rotation would just be sick.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd have no problem taking a DE. At 15 Graham might be considered a slight reach but I don't care. He's definitely one of the guys on the top of my board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't like how the mockers have us taking Dunlap though. Im not a Dunlap fan.

Id love Morgan or Graham. But not Dunlap.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

No Dunlap for me either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You, good sir, are awesome. Cover 2 sucks, Carlos Dunlap sucks, and Brandon Graham is awesome.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Graham as well, especially after the Senior Bowl, but I'm still a little hesitant about taking him at 15. Only because of all the problems we have on defense I don't think DE is near the top of the list even when you factor in Osi's lack of success, Tucks injuries issues, and Kiwi's mediocre-ness.

We have some much bigger needs in my eyes but if we did take Graham I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. I love him.

I love Weatherspoon too. He was fun to watch at Missouri but I didn't realize how great a leader he was until I watched much of the Senior Bowl practices. He's really vocal and the media seemed to love him during his press conference. Seems like he'd fit in well with the Giants.

I like Dan Williams, but I don't want him at 15. Too much of a reach. If we're gonna take at DT at 15 I'd like it to be Price. Giants may have interest in him too as we were there scouting him at his bowl game. Wouldn't be surprised if he was our pick.

Right now I'd be happy taking a few guys at 15. Spoon (awesome nick name too), Earl Thomas, Brian Price, Brandon Graham.

Personally I wonder if it wouldnt be a bad idea to take Weatherspoon because he'd be a good fit at 15, and positions like safety, DE and DT are much deeper this year compared to OLB. It'd allow us to move Sintim to DE and help solve the need for a DE. Spoon in the first, maybe Arthur Jones in the second/third and Reshad Jones in the third.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im really not worried about our Tackle situation all that much. Im more worried about our Center. I know Im beating a dead horse, but Ive wanted a Center for several years now.

When we slide Diehl inside, we'll have one of the better Guard duos in the league. I like Beatty wherever we put him. I think we can draft a RT, or even use Whimper there. I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind Whimper at RT.

Its just Center that worries me. We have no depth either.
Agreed I think in camp we'll have a few interesting battles, Beatty versus Diehl at LT, Whimper vs McKenzie at RT, a Rookie vs O'hara and Seubert at Center and if Diehl wins out at LT then at LG as well. Personally I think Beatty will look good enough to move Diehl back to LG giving us a probowl Guard combo to make life easier on our rookie center who'll have eli and O'hara's expertise to help bring him along. But a lot of that is wishful thinking because I have been a big fan of Beatty and went nuts when we grabbed him that late in the draft. I actually want us to grab one of the top 4 centers in this draft and then a project lineman like Scott in the fourth or fifth. But in my eyes we have some much more glaring needs.

Quote:
I completely agree that Goff can be upgraded upon, but we've been schooling the kid for two years now so he knows the system, he's looked good and we have some way bigger needs at safety and defensive tackle. In my opinion defensive tackle is the position where we need the most help at, I think we need someone who can become a high end starter as well as another rotational guy. Now this could all change come FA if we nab a starter like Dansby, Seymour or Pickett, but right now I'm hoping we sign George Wilson, grab Price or Williams in round one, Chad Jones if he's still there in the second or Taylor Mays if he falls that far and if both are gone Reshad Jones or Nate Allen, and then in round three one of Lemarr Houston, Arthur Jones, Alex Carrington, Austen Lane, George Selvie, Eric Olsen or Matt Tennant and then in round four grab a center if I haven't yet and if I have grab another Defensive tackle.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Here's a thought based off of something I saw in mock draft, what if we draft Brian Price and Dan Williams falls to the early 30s, would you trade up for him to give us a beastly DT rotation that cures our run defense problems, that cures our poor pass rush problem and cures our lack of good pass rushing oppurtunities problem meaning we could still wreck **** even with Sintim and Goff stepping into the starting line up at linebacker and Ross having to move to FS to play next to Kenny at safety. We'd still have our third rounder to grab a Safety to develop in case Kenny's career deteriorates or to let us move Ross back to being the best nickle corner in the league and the D is set and dominant. The OL still needs a pick but if things go well we could get by with a starting lineup of Beatty, Diehl, O'hara/Seubert/Koets/???, Snee, McKenzie/Whimper.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Here's a thought based off of something I saw in mock draft, what if we draft Brian Price and Dan Williams falls to the early 30s, would you trade up for him to give us a beastly DT rotation that cures our run defense problems, that cures our poor pass rush problem and cures our lack of good pass rushing oppurtunities problem meaning we could still wreck **** even with Sintim and Goff stepping into the starting line up at linebacker and Ross having to move to FS to play next to Kenny at safety. We'd still have our third rounder to grab a Safety to develop in case Kenny's career deteriorates or to let us move Ross back to being the best nickle corner in the league.
Too much of an investment at DT in the draft. One is enough, and maybe another project guy in the later rounds. Canty is still a decent player, and hopefully will look better after he's had a year to get healthy. Alford is a pretty good player if he can get healthy too and Cofield (depending on whether we keep him) is okay too.

Right now I'm on the Weatherspoon bandwagon.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of:

OT: Davis <3

DT: Price, Jones, Dan WIlliams

OC: Tennant

DE: Graham, Hughes (i know it won't happen, but i lovez him)

LB: Weatherspoon

S: Mays, Jones

and obviously all Rutgers players
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Too much of an investment at DT in the draft. One is enough, and maybe another project guy in the later rounds. Canty is still a decent player, and hopefully will look better after he's had a year to get healthy. Alford is a pretty good player if he can get healthy too and Cofield (depending on whether we keep him) is okay too.

Right now I'm on the Weatherspoon bandwagon.
Canty's the only guy we can really depend on. Alford's coming off the same injury Osi was coming off of and cofield's just another guy. Unless we sign a DT we need one starting caliber DT and a rotational guy who'll be better than cofield. I mean DT is the whole reason our season went to ****, alongside Sheridan, but if we could stuff the run and had guys who could get pressure inside playing inside our D would've been a lot better despite the ****** schemes.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's a very intriguing idea Rosebud. Certainly something to think about. We can all agree we have tons of options at this point. I would not be entirely opposed to that idea if the draft unfolds that way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wouldn't mind 2 DTs at all. We are extremely thin at DT. The only one we can rely on is Canty. Alford is coming off an ACL, Robbins is all but done, so is Bernard, and Coffield has been average his whole career.

And none of them are run stuffers, except possibly Canty.