Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-17-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
But I'll tell you the guy I don't want you guys to get... Brandon Graham. Oh man... Please don't take that guy. I don't want to see him in the NFC East.
You know you want him in Philly.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to get Graham but I doubt we make that move. Would be very happy though if we did.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fairly upset if we took Spiller
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Mays as a Tampa 2 LB? Thoughts?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Hey Guys,

I was wondering who's going to be on here Thursday and Friday for the draft?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoGiants! View Post
Hey Guys,

I was wondering who's going to be on here Thursday and Friday for the draft?
Most likely I'll be here Thursday. Not so much Friday.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Taylor Mays as a Tampa 2 LB? Thoughts?
Moronic. Taylor Mays as a tamp-2 S? Brilliant.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys' thoughts on taking Dan Williams round 1, then Donald Butler round 2

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Moronic. Taylor Mays as a tamp-2 S? Brilliant.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Mays would be a beast as a Tampa 2 S.

Mays is not the most consistent tackler but can lay the wood, and say what you want about him that guy can lock up the deeper half of the field. He'd be perfect in zone system where he's asked to be back deep and knock people out, not so much be in the box.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im starting to really just want us to stay at our pick and get Anthony Davis.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Im starting to really just want us to stay at our pick and get Anthony Davis.
Not me. I want Weatherspoon badly. He's at the top of my list right now by far.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garafallo is reporting that the Giants may possibly trade Osi for a 2nd.

He's also reporting that the Giants aren't sold on McClain, and prefer Spoon.

I can see why. I've been trying to sell myself McClain but I just can't. He's not a top 15 pick to me. He's not good enough to be one. He's solid, not spectacular. You want an athlete at 15 and he's not an athlete.

I think we should get JPP. If not, trade back and land Spoon.

JPP is the best physical specimen at DE since Mario Williams. The guy has a non stop motor too. He's a freak, and thats the kind of athlete you select in the early part of the draft. He's very raw, but if anyone can turn his raw potential into paydirt, its the Giants.

Drafting JPP makes sense bc Kiwi is on the final year of his contract, and Osi may never be healthy, and Tuck is injury prone. We're not as deep at DE as we think. Plus, if we trade Osi for a 2nd, then we definitely need a DE.

JPP has enormous potential. The guy was a beast too, so raw, but still beastly. Just imagine what we can turn him into. Do we need a LB? Sure. But we also need to retool our pass rush. If Osi is not the same, we need a DE.

And if the rumors of us wanting to move him are true, then he probably isn't the same player anymore.

JPP has DeMarcus Ware potential. I say we grab a freak while we have the chance.

The ILBs in this draft are very weak. I don't particularly like Lee bc I don't like Penn State players (high bust rate and injury prone), Spikes 40 time scares me a bit, and McClain is not worth a top 15 pick.

Sometimes you gotta go with value. I think JPP, while not giving us the best immediate value, will be the best player on the board if he's there at 15 and will be the best long term impact player we can get at that pick.

I've been flip flopping a ton this past week, but im on the JPP bandwagon right now.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-19-2010 at 06:01 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That isn't what Garaflo Said according to Giants 101 about the McClain/Weatherspoon situation

http://www.giants101.com/2010/04/19/...notes-4-19-10/
Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...i_umenyio.html

One other report to address (that I actually meant to highlight on Friday but got tied up with a story on Rahway native Jason Worilds) was this one from DraftInsider.net that says the Giants aren't sold on Alabama LB Rolando McClain and the team prefers Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon.

First things first, the Weatherspoon part of that report would stun me. They've shown no indications they're interested in him and I'm not sure where he fits into their plans on defense. He's not a middle linebacker, which is what they need.

As for McClain, that doesn't seem to be completely off the mark from what I'm hearing. While I'm not saying they will pass on him, I do hear recent discussions about McClain in the Giants' draft meetings have been interesting. I'm told it's not quite the slam dunk we once made it out to be. In other words, there are some mixed opinions on McClain. DraftInsider.net says some teams feel he's "soft." While I haven't quite heard that word, I do know some are concerned with McClain's impact and the number of plays he made in his college career.

From his article.

It seems like he disagrees with the thought of us liking Spoon, but i disagree. He's probably basing his assumption off of the fact that we didn't bring in Spoon for a visit. But thats not uncommon.

Quite honestly, I think we probably won't nab a LB in the 1st. Its shaping up that way right now.

The Giants aren't the only ones who are having doubts on McClain. Seems like several teams have doubts too. Charlie Casserly was on nfl network today and he also says he has doubts about McClain.

Ive had doubts for quite some time now, and in the past brought up the argument that i didn't see how McClain was that much different from Spikes. Now granted Spikes wet the bed with his 40 time, but on tape they are essentially the same player. I didn't feel McClain was worth a high draft choice.

I still like McClain, and I won't be upset if we draft him, but I just don't feel he's worthy of a top 15 pick. His skillset doesn't fit the value.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-19-2010 at 06:19 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...i_umenyio.html

One other report to address (that I actually meant to highlight on Friday but got tied up with a story on Rahway native Jason Worilds) was this one from DraftInsider.net that says the Giants aren't sold on Alabama LB Rolando McClain and the team prefers Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon.

First things first, the Weatherspoon part of that report would stun me. They've shown no indications they're interested in him and I'm not sure where he fits into their plans on defense. He's not a middle linebacker, which is what they need.

As for McClain, that doesn't seem to be completely off the mark from what I'm hearing. While I'm not saying they will pass on him, I do hear recent discussions about McClain in the Giants' draft meetings have been interesting. I'm told it's not quite the slam dunk we once made it out to be. In other words, there are some mixed opinions on McClain. DraftInsider.net says some teams feel he's "soft." While I haven't quite heard that word, I do know some are concerned with McClain's impact and the number of plays he made in his college career.

From his article.

It seems like he disagrees with the thought of us liking Spoon, but i disagree. He's probably basing his assumption off of the fact that we didn't bring in Spoon for a visit. But thats not uncommon.

Quite honestly, I think we probably won't nab a LB in the 1st. Its shaping up that way right now.
I think he is basing it off the fact that the people he goes to for information have not brought his name up at all or wouldn't answer his question if he asked any about him.

I think Dan Williams is going to be the pick if Buffalo pass and Miami really is in love with Derrick Morgan like people say.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I think he is basing it off the fact that the people he goes to for information have not brought his name up at all or wouldn't answer his question if he asked any about him.

I think Dan Williams is going to be the pick if Buffalo pass and Miami really is in love with Derrick Morgan like people say.
Id love Dan Williams. He's the perfect 4-3 NT to me. He reminds me of Pat Williams.

I don't know if the Giants value DT that high though. And if JPP is on the board, Id honestly rather have JPP. The guy's just a monster. I have a feeling JPP goes to Oakland though, so its probably a moot point.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Id love Dan Williams. He's the perfect 4-3 NT to me. He reminds me of Pat Williams.

I don't know if the Giants value DT that high though. And if JPP is on the board, Id honestly rather have JPP. The guy's just a monster. I have a feeling JPP goes to Oakland though, so its probably a moot point.
I have had JPP usually gone before pick 15 in every mock I have created so I still don't expect him to be available now that he is being linked to the giants more then ever. I can just imagine the Giants trading Osi in order to get JPP then he ends up getting picked at #13 or #14 screwing us over.

He has potential don't know how he would develop in NY but it would be interesting to see if we got him.

I don't think the Giants value DT that high either especially after picking William Joesph. But there isn't anyone else I would really like at 15 if we are not picking a LB.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I have had JPP usually gone before pick 15 in every mock I have created so I still don't expect him to be available now that he is being linked to the giants more then ever. I can just imagine the Giants trading Osi in order to get JPP then he ends up getting picked at #13 or #14 screwing us over.

He has potential don't know how he would develop in NY but it would be interesting to see if we got him.

I don't think the Giants value DT that high either especially after picking William Joesph. But there isn't anyone else I would really like at 15 if we are not picking a LB.
what about LT? The only LTs I like in this draft are Okung, Trent Williams and Anthony Davis. Davis will probably be available.

Theres whispers that we might go after Iupati as well. If we do, that probably means we move Diehl to RT and start Iupati at LG. I dunno if I want to draft a LG that high though.

There are so many players we can go with, I really have no idea what we do. I do know that I'm not pigeon holing myself into believing that we have to grab a MIKE in the 1st. The value just isn't there.

I think if we trade Osi, it would be after the 1st round is over. Maybe they wait to see if JPP is on the board, if he is they probably draft him and trade Osi to St. Louis for their 2nd round pick.

That would be kinda sweet.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Carlos Dunlap if he slipped to our 2nd pick then JPP at 15.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'd prefer Carlos Dunlap if he slipped to our 2nd pick then JPP at 15.
Dunlap's motor scares me. At least you know JPP brings it on every play. The only thing that scares me about JPP is his commitment to football. Some scouts question his commitment.

But I look at it this way, if the guy has that kind of motor, he's committed. If he wasn't into football, he wouldn't bring it the way he does on every play.

I think JPP has more potential too. He's just a monster. 270 lbs, runs fast, has arms that go down to his shoe laces, has a non stop motor, the guy reminds me a lot of DeMarcus Ware coming out, just rawer, and dumber. He can stand up and rush too. So he's more scheme diverse.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

I like Spoon alot, but like he said, he isn't really a MLB. He could play there, he would do well, but he wouldn't be the player he would be outside. He draws alot of similarities to Jon Beason, but Beason was a more rounded player although he wasn't the heat seeking missle or as good in coverage as Spoon is. I could see spoon being the pick, but at 15 is too high.

McClain is a great player, he isn't really fit for a 4-3 especially not a cover 2 IMO. Great instincts, amazing at diagnosing plays, can shed blocks as well as hold his ground despite being a tad lanky.

I don't want Sean Lee, i agree with you BBD.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-19-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
what about LT? The only LTs I like in this draft are Okung, Trent Williams and Anthony Davis. Davis will probably be available.

Theres whispers that we might go after Iupati as well. If we do, that probably means we move Diehl to RT and start Iupati at LG. I dunno if I want to draft a LG that high though.

There are so many players we can go with, I really have no idea what we do. I do know that I'm not pigeon holing myself into believing that we have to grab a MIKE in the 1st. The value just isn't there.

I think if we trade Osi, it would be after the 1st round is over. Maybe they wait to see if JPP is on the board, if he is they probably draft him and trade Osi to St. Louis for their 2nd round pick.

That would be kinda sweet.
I like Okung but we got no shot. Trent Williams I would love to have at right tackle but again the odds are not likely. I am not a Anthony Davis fan(sorry Scotty) just don't see him doing well would rather draft a tackle later if Davis was my only 1st round tackle option available.

I like Iupati and would have no problem drafting him or Pouncey in the 1st just dont think they are top 15 players so I would like to trade down a few spots and pick them if I could.

I think MLB is the key pick and needs to be one of the first 2 picks. So if the Giants went a different route then the conventional McClain/Spoon picks I would be ok if the next pick was Daryl Washington or another guy who can be a good MLB.

Ya your probably right they wait to trade Osi after they drafted JPP but I could still imagine the media backlash we will get if we trade him and how bad it would be if we traded him and not get the guy we wanted to replace him.

I know this has zero shot at happening but I would give up osi,#15 and w/e else is needed to STL for a chance at Suh.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Maybe they wait to see if JPP is on the board, if he is they probably draft him and trade Osi to St. Louis for their 2nd round pick.

thats what i expect, if infact he's there, which is a very big IF right now.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-19-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

what really screws the Giants is the lack of depth at MIKE this year. for such a great draft, the depth at MIKE is very weak.

its probably our biggest need, yet the value just doesn't match up. while Goff didn't wow anyone during his time on the field, I do think he kind of didn't get a fair shake at MIKE.

The dline was decimated and made him look worse. Plus, I didn't think he looked all that bad to begin with. Who knows, maybe the Giants feel the same way?

I really have no idea how this draft shakes out for us. This is the first time in awhile where I have no clue what approach we're gonna take.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of JPP at all, but he's your classic boom bust guy that will be a 15 sack guy or never see the field. That said, seeing how much he's been linked to you guys you can't help but think he'd pan out in NY with the recent success of the D-line and some of the guys he would be playing alongside.

I'd still want to grab a DT in the 2nd if possible to free some of those guys up, but it will be interesting if you guys grab JPP. I'd easily trade Osi if you can get an early 2nd, he's just not the same since injury and you could get another player to help alot more in the trenches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote