Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-19-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm not a big fan of JPP at all, but he's your classic boom bust guy that will be a 15 sack guy or never see the field. That said, seeing how much he's been linked to you guys you can't help but think he'd pan out in NY with the recent success of the D-line and some of the guys he would be playing alongside.

I'd still want to grab a DT in the 2nd if possible to free some of those guys up, but it will be interesting if you guys grab JPP. I'd easily trade Osi if you can get an early 2nd, he's just not the same since injury and you could get another player to help alot more in the trenches.
I love Osi, but if he's not healthy, and the rumors of St. Louis wanting to give up their 2nd for him is true, then that would be an absolute steal for us.

I do personally feel he's going to have a bounceback year, but if the team is willing to move him, thats a redflag that he's probably never going to be the same with his injury.

The hard pill to swallow with JPP is knowing that he'll pretty much be redshirted his rookie year. Its probably good for him, he needs to be developed slowly, but at the same time I'm greedy with 1st round picks. I want them to see the field sooner rather than later.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, just imagine all the value we'd be offered at pick #33 to start a new day for the second round. I'd go far enough to say that with the new system #33 is maybe just as valued as the late twenties.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
BBD, just imagine all the value we'd be offered at pick #33 to start a new day for the second round. I'd go far enough to say that with the new system #33 is maybe just as valued as the late twenties.
if this all does go down, we can probably nab a 2nd and 3rd out of the pick.

or if we really like a guy in the 2nd, just stand pat and take him.

or trade for Haynesworth :) lol, yeah right. i'm still dreaming on that one.

one of these 1st round prospects (if not several) will fall. theres just no way all these guys rated as 1st round guys can be taken in the 1st, so we're going to have a quality guy fall in our lap if this does go down.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
if this all does go down, we can probably nab a 2nd and 3rd out of the pick.

or if we really like a guy in the 2nd, just stand pat and take him.

or trade for Haynesworth :) lol, yeah right. i'm still dreaming on that one.

one of these 1st round prospects (if not several) will fall. theres just no way all these guys rated as 1st round guys can be taken in the 1st, so we're going to have a quality guy fall in our lap if this does go down.
precisely, although Jerry Reese said that they've had all the time they need to evaluate, things do change, especially with the making of our first pick.

having one first, two seconds, and two thirds (all probably early half of the rounds) is just ridiculously good. Imagine how many improvements we could do to our OL.

1. Jason Pierre-Paul DE
2a. Lamar Houston DT
2b. Darryl Washington OLB/ILB
3a. Jon Asamoah OG
3b. Navarro Bowman OLB
4. Matt Tennant C

in the first few rounds

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd just like to mention, that once we hit the 4th round, I'd have no problem taking a chance on Spikes, slow forty time and all. Also would not mind Selvie come round 5 as well.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'd just like to mention, that once we hit the 4th round, I'd have no problem taking a chance on Spikes, slow forty time and all. Also would not mind Selvie come round 5 as well.
Those are definitely the kinds of players you look for at that stage of the game. I think Spikes will be gone in Round 3 though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Spikes is probably going to be gone in round 3, maybe even round 2. But he should be there with our 3rd round pick. I wouldn't mind it, I still think he's going to be a good player.

I rather gamble on Greg Hardy than George Selvie quite honestly. Hardy should be there in the 4th. Taking Spikes and Hardy though are 2 big boom or bust selections that could either make us look like geniuses or blow up in our face.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we pick JPP, just be warned, I may get suspended for about 1,000 language violations
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Jason Pierre-Paul DE
2a. Lamar Houston DT
2b. Darryl Washington OLB/ILB
3a. Jon Asamoah OG
3b. Navarro Bowman OLB
4. Matt Tennant C

in the first few rounds
This is my Mock with an Osi trade. I traded down to get an extra second round pick.

1. Spoon
2. Safold OT/G/J. Best
2.Cam Thomas/L. Houston/Alualu/Cody
2.C. Jones
3. Greg Hardy
4. Matt Tenant

Last edited by touchdownmaker : 04-20-2010 at 09:24 AM.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ade_talks.html

THANK GOODNESS! <33333

so really, if we pass on jpp at 15, or he's gone (pleasssse be that), then it looks like he'll stay 99%. let's just grab an OT,DT,orLB and move on with our draft
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm treating Osi the same way I did with Shockey. If we trade him, great. If we dont....great.

We're in a win/win situation. I don't mind keeping him at all, I think he's a hell of a player who should have a bounce back year. But at the same time, if we move him for the Rams' 2nd, I wouldn't mind that either. Thats incredible value, and we can make do without him if we draft well.

So I'm fine either way.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm treating Osi the same way I did with Shockey. If we trade him, great. If we dont....great.

We're in a win/win situation. I don't mind keeping him at all, I think he's a hell of a player who should have a bounce back year. But at the same time, if we move him for the Rams' 2nd, I wouldn't mind that either. Thats incredible value, and we can make do without him if we draft well.

So I'm fine either way.
Exactly, and this is a strong enough DE draft that if we have to replace Osi I think we can do it, be it with JPP, Graham or a guy like HArdy later.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

NO JPP! HE IS VERNON GHOLSTON! I DO NOT WANT HIM!
do NOT want

Quote:
Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Gholston was better than JPP.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Scotty on JPP as you know. He screams bust to me. I saw him play a good amount last year and he didn't impress me that much. Anthony Davis pretty much shut him down the whole game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-20-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys really see Spikes as a 3rd rounder? We have seen better players drop further then expected, and he seems more 4th/5th round range.

I'm still surprised you guys would want him in round 3, he seems like he'd only be great as a Thumper in a 3-4 which is why I want him paired up inside with Jason Williams to have our middle set for the future, so we have a speed guy to counter him with.

Seems like he'd get exposed more in a 4-3. I really really hope Dallas finds a way to get him though, we still need to see what Jason Williams can do this year but his potential is through the roof and his workout numbers were like a WR. We just need a guy to clean up the mess in the middle and Spikes fits the ball.

I'd still be a little concerned spending a 3rd, I'm wanting him with our late 4th or it may be a little too soon for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Vernon Gholston was better than JPP.
i was actually thinking the same thing. i just don't get the jpp hype. cool, he's a good athlete. like, that's it. i just pray we don't pick him. it'd be the worst thing ever.
Quote:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't remember JPP playing the run at all either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-20-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i was actually thinking the same thing. i just don't get the jpp hype. cool, he's a good athlete. like, that's it. i just pray we don't pick him. it'd be the worst thing ever.
JPP's motor is about 10 million times better than Vernon Gholston's, though. Gholston was just more refined and developed than JPP.

If JPP busts it won't be due to lack of trying on the field. That much you can say.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
What are your guys' thoughts on taking Dan Williams round 1, then Donald Butler round 2
bump, no one likes or dislike my idea?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
bump, no one likes or dislike my idea?
I like Jamar Chaney more then Butler but I wouldn't be opposed to that idea.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I like Jamar Chaney more then Butler but I wouldn't be opposed to that idea.
I dont understand why both are now getting 2nd round hype, am i missing something?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-20-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont understand why both are now getting 2nd round hype, am i missing something?
Idk why there stock are on the rise but I just prefer Chaney over Butler if it came down to those two players.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Idk why there stock are on the rise but I just prefer Chaney over Butler if it came down to those two players.
same thing happened to Sean Lee about 2 weeks ago, just out of nowhere a crapload of people just started putting him in the high second round.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
same thing happened to Sean Lee about 2 weeks ago, just out of nowhere a crapload of people just started putting him in the high second round.
I hate Sean Lee. Absolutely don't want him here.