Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-21-2010, 06:27 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I hate Sean Lee. Absolutely don't want him here.
agree, but alot of my hate is fueled by previous years when we were mocked PSU linebackers nonstop and they clearly weren't worth our pick, both were picked in the 3rd

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've made my decision that'd I like Pouncey for our pick to play LG this year, and then C next year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I dont understand why both are now getting 2nd round hype, am i missing something?
Both have been underhyped and Chaney has been destroying workouts.

As for JPP he's raw as hell and remarkably dumb, but the kid actually has a good motor and seems like the type of project who will put in the work to make good on his potential, how long that takes and how well he does so is unknown, but I do see him becoming a starter as long as he ends up on a good team.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Lee moves pretty well. He made a strong showing at the combine. The PSU games I have seen, Lee seems to get overshadowed my Bowmen. Bomwen was all over the place, leaving Lee to get the sloppy seconds.

I agree about Butler. He has garnered some hype as of late. I think he is a solid Mike. He is a leader, strong, intelligent, and a thumper. Hmmm....this sounds like some one that is high on our board already. Just add four more inches and you get....alright, I won't go there.

I would rather have Chaney because he gives you so much speed.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft thoughts...

If Mclain, and a top OT are gone by pick 13, I would trade up two spots to grab spiller. I am not thrilled about JPP. We stand pat with Iuapati, or I hope we trade down. Did any find that Iuapati held a bit in some games. I was watching some film, and noticed he was holding a bit.

Last edited by touchdownmaker : 04-21-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we trade up for Spiller I'd be pissed. If we trade up it better be for one of the top 3 DTs otherwise stand pat and hope JPP or DW fall to our pick if we won't take Graham. Otherwise trade down for Pouncey or Spoon.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Anyone think we'd grab Dez if he falls to our pick? He's a top 5 caliber football player and on our team we should be able to handle his perceived laziness. That way if Barden doesn't work out we'd still have the best young receiving corps with Dez getting the double teams, Nicks being his Boldin as a studly number two, smith challenging Welker for the best slot receiverrole and Mario getting to focus on running back punts and making big plays when he hits the field. We could even trade Mario or Smith to get another 2nd or third pick.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I've made my decision that'd I like Pouncey for our pick to play LG this year, and then C next year.
i can agree with this, him and anthony davis are my top picks if we dont trade down and get spoon.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's literally 0 chance we pick Bryant. that doesn't make any sense.

however, i'm growing on Iupati and Spiller for us. either would be good in my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

i just dont think Iupati fits us. If we draft Anthony Davis, we know we have at the very least an RT for a long time.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Anyone think we'd grab Dez if he falls to our pick? He's a top 5 caliber football player and on our team we should be able to handle his perceived laziness. That way if Barden doesn't work out we'd still have the best young receiving corps with Dez getting the double teams, Nicks being his Boldin as a studly number two, smith challenging Welker for the best slot receiverrole and Mario getting to focus on running back punts and making big plays when he hits the field. We could even trade Mario or Smith to get another 2nd or third pick.

If you got Dez I think you'd have to trade Mario. Dude is only going to get better, and good enough to start for alot of teams. He'd be the Rams best WR right now so you could get a nice value for him, seems like it be too many WR's with Dez there and Mario should be a solid 2nd round value to some teams tbh.

He still has alot of potential to grow into, last thing you guys need is a WR lol. Barden just red shirted because of the competition, but could still be a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Dez + Nicks would be living hell for every DB we face, but its not happening. I dunno if teams would offer anything more than a 4th for Manningham.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
there's literally 0 chance we pick Bryant. that doesn't make any sense.

however, i'm growing on Iupati and Spiller for us. either would be good in my mind
Meh, I just think Dez will be by far BPA if he's still available at our pick and would give us a monster receiving corps for Eli to rape the league with for years. Plus it lets us move Mario for another 3rd round pick where this draft's value much better fits our needs.

Dez, Nicks and Steve in the slot would be one of if not the best receiving corps in the league within 2 or 3 years. Not saying it's realistic just something that I think could make more sense than we seem acknowledge.

1. Dez
2. Brian Price
3. Jamar Chaney
3. (mario trade) Torrell Troup
4. Matt Tennant
5. Myron Rolle
etc.

Would make me a very happy giants fan. We grab the center OTF we need, we restock DT and add very gifted Linebacker who projects to SLB and MLB very well while gathering arguably the league's best young receiving talent and solid SS prospect to back up Kenny.

I just think that Dez is a much better prospect than Spiller and if we want to grab an offensive weapon he'd be the one I want at 15. Even if it means trading Mario.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-21-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

I doubt we'd get a 3rd this year for Mario, its a solid year for the draft, Mario may be a rising star, but in all likelyhood if we trade him we either get a 4th or the increasingly famous 5th round pick

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

good god, i feel sorry for Chase Blackburn, he is probably one of the players we screwed over the most on our moving to a new defense. We should trade him.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I doubt we'd get a 3rd this year for Mario, its a solid year for the draft, Mario may be a rising star, but in all likelyhood if we trade him we either get a 4th or the increasingly famous 5th round pick
I don't know, he's impressed when he's played and been a good soldier which is one of the biggest reasons he was a 3rd rounder just 2 drafts ago. I think we'll be able to get that 3rd rounder back for him since his value has only gone up. Plus this draft has some good guys at WR but few of them are really locks and Mario still has plenty of upside himself. I think a 3rd for Mario would be fairly reason and for a playoff team needing a weapon at WR even a 2nd like LL suggested could make sense. If they weren't in our division don't you think Mario would be a better fit for a team like Dallas than anyone they'll get in the second round?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah, chase will be fine. we need him. he's the only one who shows emotion at all time. watching him before kickoffs was my favorite part of front row seats last season...i'm not even kidding. i love him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I don't know, he's impressed when he's played and been a good soldier which is one of the biggest reasons he was a 3rd rounder just 2 drafts ago. I think we'll be able to get that 3rd rounder back for him since his value has only gone up. Plus this draft has some good guys at WR but few of them are really locks and Mario still has plenty of upside himself. I think a 3rd for Mario would be fairly reason and for a playoff team needing a weapon at WR even a 2nd like LL suggested could make sense. If they weren't in our division don't you think Mario would be a better fit for a team like Dallas than anyone they'll get in the second round?
there is no way we get a second, thats just wishful thinking. Mario has shown good and bad, while he's a good receiver, he is not a #1 and not reliable enough to warrant a 3rd. Brandon Marshall got 2 seconds two years after the Roy Williams trade. Brandon Marshall was a heck of a lot better in pretty much every category.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
nah, chase will be fine. we need him. he's the only one who shows emotion at all time. watching him before kickoffs was my favorite part of front row seats last season...i'm not even kidding. i love him
i like him alot too, i wish we would've stayed with Spags system and kept him as our MLB. He reminds me alot of Nick Greisen, who was a fan favortie awhile ago.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 AM    (permalink
NDfootball
Rookie

NDfootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we have to go Thomas or Haden tonight.

Our secondary was flat out awful, poor pass rush or not, we had guys who could not cover. Rolle was a nice addition, but we didn't address CB. Besides for running the bad 40 at the combine, Haden is an elite talent, he even improved his 40 at the school workout. He's a potential shutdown guy and for some reason he's slipped a little bit, and could fall right into our laps. Let's face it, Ross cannot stay on the field and Webster is inconsistent. We NEED a shutdown guy, Haden has to be #1 on our board. In fact, if necessary we should trade up for this guy.

Thomas is a natural and my favorite player in the draft. From what I've seen, his tremendous feel for the game combined with his athleticism lets him consistently jump routes. Based on pure talent alone, if Haden is gone and he's sitting at 15, we have to draft. If Dallas or Philly gets this guy as is rumored, I will be sick for a long time if we pass up on him.

I would be happy with McClain too, but I don't see the big difference between him and a lot of the other linebackers projected in the 2nd round. Weatherspoon is my personal favorite in the group, but I think we would be better off trying to get Rocky McIntosh from the 'Skins and focus on another need with our 2nd round pick. I realize Rocky is an OLB, but him and Boley would be a solid group, and would take pressure off a young guy like Goff to assume the MLB role.
NDfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

over-reaction much? Web got beat badly by Vjax who was just too big for him and got hurt, he was consistently shutdown before that. And opposite him Terrell was making great strides.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The CB's are the least of our troubles. If Haden is there when we pick it would be interesting though. Probably too much money tied up in the secondary then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Hayden would give us the best CB tandem we have ever had, but I think needs lie elsewhere. I would not be upset with it if the OTs, Spiller, and Mclain are off the board.

I read on the Steelers Forum that the Eagles are trying to trade up to snatch Berry.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40783

I loved that mock for the Giants done by JBond (Shane).

If that happened I would be thrilled. McClain, Price, McCluster, Jon Asamoah, Hardy in the 5th round.

That would be fantastic and addresses a ton of issues for us. Asamoah in the 4th would be tremendous value as I think he slots in as a starting guard.