Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Well my nights ruined

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF are we thinking? Dan Williams and Bulaga are top 10 picks and we pass on them for JPP when we need absolutely no help at DE, plus JPP is nothing special and will be a classic bust

Did Berman just say we addressed need #1? what a ******. We have Tuck, Kiwi, Osi, Sintim and Tollefsen. This was the worst possible pick we could make. I would much rather have traded down for Spoon and let someone take Clausen

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I really want to trade back into the 1st later tonight for Spoon, Dan Williams or Bulaga

Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
WTF are we thinking? Dan Williams and Bulaga are top 10 picks and we pass on them for JPP when we need absolutely no help at DE, plus JPP is nothing special and will be a classic bust

Did Berman just say we addressed need #1? what a ******. We have Tuck, Kiwi, Osi, Sintim and Tollefsen. This was the worst possible pick we could make. I would much rather have traded down for Spoon and let someone take Clausen
I agree 100% this was a **** move full on.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Broncos might get Bryant any ways.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fml, 365 days for this crap

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My draft is ruined with Spoon gone.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Wow the Broncos just stuck their middle fingers at Dez Bryant.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was fine with Anthony Davis... I was fine with CJ Spiller... fine with Rolando... Fine with Spoon... fine with an OT or CB... but not ******* fine JPP omg what a god damn horrible pick, I have not liked this guy from the beginning and was so glad when we weren't mentioned with him and got scared when people said we liked him... ugh worst possible scenario.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

I actually lost some respect for JR. Unless JPP becomes a stud.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Right now, I really want to trade back into the 1st later tonight for Dan Williams

Old 04-22-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

right now i want to cry, oh yeah JPP can do backflips, he must be worthy of this pick.

I dont understand why we need 4 defensive ends and only 1 that can play the run well. Besides that, Clint sintim is a DE so we have 5 good DE's

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clint Sintim is a LB if they wanted to use him as a DE they wouldn't have changed his #.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i agree wholeheartedly

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 06:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea why you guys are so upset.

We got the best DE in the draft, and he fell to us at 15. This was a very good pick, especially with who was left on the board.

You guys are being way too harsh on JPP. He's extremely raw, of course he's not going to look like a finished product out there. We invested in our future with this pick.

Kiwi is gone, we won't resign him. We want a rotation at DE, and now we'll have 1 for awhile. Osi is still a concern, and Tuck is always hurt. We don't have as many DEs as you think.

This guy is a freak. Like I said before, if anyone can turn him into a monster, its us. Look at our track record with DEs.

Our pass rush was pathetic last year. We needed a pass rusher. He might not do a damn thing for us next year, but 2 years from now, we'll have a monster.

I'm very happy with this pick. And for the record, I wanted him before we drafted him. It's not just me saying this after the fact.

Can he bust? Sure. But I wouldn't bet on it. Not with us. If theres 1 thing we know, its pass rushers. He'll be a monster. We got a monster.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with BBD. JPP is a project but has everything you want from a project player, monster potential, good work ethic and a high caliber motor. I've been defending JPP on this board for the past few weeks and am pretty content with JPP, granted I was still hoping for a trade back but I'm fine with JPP.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This pick begs the question, when do we trade Osi?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we do. We might trade Kiwi.

We might trade nobody. I have a feeling Reese is going to hit gold in rounds 2 and 3. I'm excited about this draft.

We didn't reach for need. That was a good thing. When you pick that high, and you get a talent like JPP who should be a top 10 pick fall to you, you take him. Guys with Mario Williamsesque potential don't grow on trees.

I still love Brandon Graham the most out of all the DEs, but I think JPP can be just as good if not better.

Once McClain and Spiller were off the board, it was a no brainer to me. The pick had to be JPP. He was by far the best player on the board.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not very happy. I've never wanted Bulaga in the months leading up to the draft, but with the way the draft played out he would have been my pick. I told GF1080 we should try and trade back a few spots because I think he'd still be there and he was. Oh well. We will see with JPP. I'm just not fans of the classic workout warriors. Them becoming great football players seems to be the exception not the rule. No team even took a chance on Bruce Campbell.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take a chance on Cambell if he's there in the 2nd.

Also I hope we try to make a trade for Jon Henderson now.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with BBD on this one. JPP might not have been my ideal pick but I'm fine with it. He is the type of pass rusher that we've built our success on. A guy with speed and the ability to get around the edge. His potential is astronomical, and it isn't all just about the work out numbers he's posted.

I know Scottyboy is upset but it's really not a bad pick. It's actually one of the few times we've gone BPA (with Reese) in the first round, which I think is pretty important with where we were picking.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my only thing, is with such other bigger needs at DT, OL and MLB (i do love goff though, is this a sign we go with him), we picked a guy who has one year of actual football under his belt and 6.5 sacks. and don't see the hype with him. and we passed on spoon, which pissed me off the most probably.

i'm with damix on HEnderson, let's grab him from the jags.

but i don't like Campbell, at all. he's an awful blocker.
let's see what we have in store for today...

I also read a transcript of a Reese interview and he seemed like Osi's going nowhere. which is the only thing keeping me from a super meltdown
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
but i don't like Campbell, at all. he's an awful blocker.
let's see what we have in store for today...

Do you think Cambell could be coached up to be a solid RT or G? I am thinking Cambell myself. I am a firm believer that OL can be coached up to be solid pros if the ability is there.

2. Cambell
3. Chaney
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
Do you think Cambell could be coached up to be a solid RT or G? I am thinking Cambell myself. I am a firm believer that OL can be coached up to be solid pros if the ability is there.

2. Cambell
3. Chaney
ehhhh not really. i don't see him being strong enough. who knows? we could bulk him up and you can't teach that type of athleticism, but i've never been a big fan of his. I think we grab Price round 2, and I'd be fine with that. i'm intruiged though. really, as long as Osi stays, i'll live.
Quote: