Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think we trade Kiwi?

Also i see WHY we did the pick, JPP could be awesome in a Tampa 2, he may not be strong enough to force an edge, but he can stretch the ball down the sideline and create negative plays. 4.68 40 is great for a guy of his size, he is more fluid than Kiwi was of course coming out, not as well rounded and not as sure of a thing.

If Strahan is our DL coach i like the pick, hell if Wauffle was here i might love it, but we don't have the personnel to turn him into a beast.

Also i agree with Scotty, after what happened i wanted to trade down and pray for Sean Weatherspoon or Dan Williams to still be on board. But i pretty much knew as soon as we got to our pick it was JPP, at least it wasn't Morgan who really i feel is overrated.

If some way we got a 2nd for Kiwi it would also justify the pick, we could address the NEEDs we have instead of going after a player that wont play much this year. Osi is perfect for Tampa 2, you could say JPP will be once he gains some more strength in his legs (look really thin) and overall.

Does anyone think we should move Tuck inside to UT, he would be an absolute beast at UT. This is also if we keep Kiwi. Tuck really doesn't fit a Tampa 2 DE spot.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also if Kindle falls to the 3rd we should just trade up and get him. He is also a very very good prospect for the defense we're going to and is good in space.

We trade Kiwi, move Tuck inside occasionally if not permanently, draft 2 Tampa 2 fits and keep Osi.

DE: Osi, Kindle, JPP, Tollefson
DT: Tuck, Canty, Torrell Troup, Coefield, Alford, Bernard

1. Jason Pierre-Paul
2. Vladimir Ducasse
3a.(Kiwanuka) Kindle
3b. Torrell Troup
4. Brandon Spikes/Matt Tennant
5. Dekoda Watson/Ramon Harewood
6. Rashawn Jackson
7. OLB/ST

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 04-23-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does everyone think we're playing the Tampa 2 when all signs point to the exact opposite of that? We were in love with McClain and he likely would have been our pick if he fell to us and yet he doesn't fit the mold of a Tampa 2 MLB in the slightest. Yet we had the perfect Tampa 2 MLB fit in Weatherspoon but opted not to draft him.

I forgot which draftnik said it on the radio last night but he felt like there's a great chance we move Sintim in to play MLB. To me that would solve our LB problem and would allow us to draft someone like Daryl Washington or Donald Butler in the second round to fly around on the outside.

I think for today I'm hoping we draft either Brian Price, Donald Butler (who could also play inside if needed), or Daryl Washington.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Sintim to MLB? WHAT THE HELL? Are we trying to make anyother Harry Carson?

I like Navarro Bowman in the 3rd.

What points to us not playing Tampa 2?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the fact we loved a MLB who isn't a Tampa 2 MLB in the slightest for starters. Also the fact we passed up one who was (Spoon).

Also there is chance in hell Kindle ever falls to the third round.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well the fact we loved a MLB who isn't a Tampa 2 MLB in the slightest for starters. Also the fact we passed up one who was (Spoon).

Also there is chance in hell Kindle ever falls to the third round.
There was an article saying that the FO was torn. That clearly says we didnt love him. Spoon also isn't great at shedding blocks, taking them on, reading the run, he really wasn't a MLB.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

i hope we don't take a CB to deal with the fact that dallas got a stud

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

john mara just said to espn radio that they're not trading Osi

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bruce Campbell and JPP are totally different. Yes, both are physical freaks, but JPP is actually good and Campbell sucks. Big difference.

JPP is extremely raw. He's not your classic workout warrior. The guy, even without much experience playing, was productive. 6.5 sacks in 13 games. Thats pretty good.

Especially since it was his first real year of playing football. Think about that. And the kid tries his ass off. I think you guys are overreacting to this. We got a developmental guy sure, but he's going to pay off huge dividends in a couple of years.

I don't know if we're running a Tampa 2 or not. The MIKE we select (if we go with 1) will determine that. At this point, I rather just nab Spikes or roll with Goff. Goff wasn't bad at all, he just didnt get a fair shake. Spikes is better though, and if we're running a scheme similar to Spags that requires a thumper inside, Spikes in the 3rd would be sweet.

I think JPP will be infinitely better than Kiwi ever was. And since we pretty much won't resign Kiwi, or trade Osi (1 or the other is gonna happen), we needed this guy. This was absolutely the right move for the longterm future of our defense.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballin
1. Jason Pierre-Paul
2. Vladimir Ducasse
3a.(Kiwanuka) Kindle
3b. Torrell Troup
4. Brandon Spikes/Matt Tennant
5. Dekoda Watson/Ramon Harewood
6. Rashawn Jackson
7. OLB/ST
thoughts? apparently Lamar Houston is a late 2nd/early 3rd player, but id much rather have Kindle, if we trade Kiwi and move Tuck inside (this is all just speculation).

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
thoughts? apparently Lamar Houston is a late 2nd/early 3rd player, but id much rather have Kindle, if we trade Kiwi and move Tuck inside (this is all just speculation).
We don't need Kindle. Tuck will only play inside on passing downs, like he did under Spags.

Our dline in our nickel will probably be

LE: JPP
UT: Kiwi
UT: Tuck
RE: Osi

and our base dline will be

LE: Tuck
NT: Coffield/???
UT: Canty
RE: Osi/Kiwi rotation

If JPP can overachieve in his rookie year, I can see us using him to spell Tuck a lot. Which would be great, bc Tuck needs less snaps. He can't stay healthy.

I like the rest of it though.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

But Kindle is soo good :(

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
But Kindle is soo good :(
he needs microfracture surgery. i rather take a flyer on Greg Hardy later in the draft quite honestly if we want yet another DE.

I have a good feeling about today's picks. I'm excited. Can't wait.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
he needs microfracture surgery. i rather take a flyer on Greg Hardy later in the draft quite honestly if we want yet another DE.

I have a good feeling about today's picks. I'm excited. Can't wait.
wait its not just round 2 today? Sick! I hope Reese lands a DT and OL, not really impressed by any of these linebackers, think/hope we could get Brandon Spikes in the 4th

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not happy with the first pick either but I want to see what we do today before judging anything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not happy with the first pick either but I want to see what we do today before judging anything.
yep just got done watching him versus WVU, awful. He overshoots, gets faked out by Brown like 3 or 4 times, and stiff armed by Jock Reeves and Noel Devine.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Like I said, he's a work in progress. Of course you're going to see some obvious flaws in his game right now, he only played 1 year of real football, and the kid is Mario Manningham dumb.

But give him 2 years to develop, and watch what he becomes. He's got the tools, but more importantly, he doesn't just rely on them, he has heart and motor too. And is willing to learn. When you're dealing with a project player, those are the things you want to see.

He's not Gholston, who quits and doesn't try. This guy is going to give us 100%, and with some development, will be a gamer.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

K, dream scenerio right now. Trade our 2nd for Henderson, then draft Spikes, Chaney or Washington round 3

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
K, dream scenerio right now. Trade our 2nd for Henderson, then draft Spikes, Chaney or Washington round 3
Absolutely. The Jaguars want to make the same mistake twice and trade Henderson like they did Stroud? Get it done Giants. :D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol

Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I think tonight the smart Jerry Reese that showed up to previous drafts makes the pick and we make up for JPP

Old 04-23-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Love the Linval Joseph pick. We got the big run stopper we needed.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he was a penetrator. I was wrong.

Height:6'4"
Weight:328 lbs.
Arm Length:34 1/2 in.
Hand Size:10 in.

Bench Press
39.0 reps(wow!)
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Supposedly he is athletic for a big man too which I like. Really loving the pick.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Decent 1st pick, great 2nd, terrible 3rd