Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We already have 4 Safety's so then we draft another Safety.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Decent 1st pick, great 2nd, terrible 3rd
Uh, how is taking a guy who needs a year or two develop with freakish range and athleticism a bad pick in the third round? Gives us something we've lacked for years which is safety depth and a potential starter down the road if Kenny can't comeback strong.

The way the draft is panning out we can address our linebacker and OL depth.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was so awesome! I just got home to see us take Chad Jones in the second! We are set with depth there now. We just got KP insurance. Can you imagine if KP comes back and Jones develops.....scary. I fing love it.

I think Chaney is still out there as well.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanted butler over jones. we've got KP, Antrel, Grant and Johnson. now jones. i really like jones, but I LOVE butler outta washington at mlb
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Donald Butler being on the board. Would have liked to take him. Still, Jones is a quality pick.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i wanted butler over jones. we've got KP, Antrel, Grant and Johnson. now jones. i really like jones, but I LOVE butler outta washington at mlb
I think Grant is here for one year, and Johnson is in the dog house. He might not make it out of the preseason. It also allows Chad to develop at his own speed.

Butler is solid, but I like Chaney's athleticism more.

Last edited by touchdownmaker : 04-23-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

I can't believe Cambell is still out there.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get it, why do we need 5 safeties?

Edit: i do agree that it was great value though, are we gunna use him as a OLB?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I dont get it, why do we need 5 safeties?

Edit: i do agree that it was great value though, are we gunna use him as a OLB?
Do you really think M. Johnson will make it out of the preaseason, baring nay injuries?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
Do you really think M. Johnson will make it out of the preaseason, baring nay injuries?
he is solid special teamer.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Quote:
he is solid special teamer.
C. Jones will be a solid special teamer as well. He will lay the hit stick on some dudes.

Last edited by touchdownmaker : 04-23-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
C. Jones will be a solid special teamer as well. He will lay the hit stick on some dudes.
yeah this is true too. Michael Johnson started alot of games for us, wouldnt make sense for us to get rid of a guy that our DB coach was high on last year.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Quote:
yeah this is true too. Michael Johnson started alot of games for us, wouldnt make sense for us to get rid of a guy that our DB coach was high on last year.
But Reese is not happy with him. He pretty much said that he is on a short leash.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
But Reese is not happy with him. He pretty much said that he is on a short leash.
enough to draft a player when we also have 3 other guys with starting experience?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Quote:
enough to draft a player when we also have 3 other guys with starting experience?
"He has to play better. For a young guy you think is ascending, he has to play better and we expect him to play better."-Jerry Reese regarding Michael Johnson

http://www.bigblueview.com/2010/2/28...some-knowledge
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Do you trade up for Campbell?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Do you trade up for Campbell?
if all it takes is a 6th rounder, id do it.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
NDfootball
Rookie

NDfootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we should go OL in the 4th tomorrow, how about Capers? The guy can play inside and outside, will be a force once he get stronger imo. Campbell would be badass too, I just think some team is gonna try to trade up for him and we don't have the ammo to do that right now unless we give away a 2011 pick.
NDfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Marc Ross said that CJ "Dreadlocks of Doom" is strictly a safety, he also said that he could easily handle 230 pounds, he's not as developed in his upperbody due to baseball.

What i notice in this draft is that they are focusing on potential alot. This is good, but can also lead to some pretty big busts.

My feelings pick for pick:

1. Jason Pierre-Paul: Previous to draft day i was alright only if we let go of Osi, which wont happen now. Then it happened and i was upset. He only started 7 freaking games, if we scouted George selvie off of his sophmore season and he came out, we'd be regretting it right now. That window of evaluation is so small its ridiculous. He sounds like a dumbass.

After coming onto the boards, i was a little calmer, but then i went back to the game film, and he sucked major dick versus WVU. He has a serious problem at tackling, he overshoots the quarterback alot, is not as agile as he was led to be IMO.

Right now, im pretty annoyed. I realize he could be a steal with his potential, being new to the game and going to a different school 2 times and not knowing the playbook as well. But honestly, tackling is something you should learn first. Its a basic. You can be fast as a cheetah, as quick as a crouching tiger, but if you can't wrap up, how useful are you? Giants, do yourself a favor and find Wauffel, apologize, and fork over the dough; hes the best.

2. Linval Joseph: I was upset that Lamar Houston got picked by the Raiders, but he's not exactly what we need, he isn't as great versus the run, but remember he was a runningback; he hasn't had a whole lot of experience or time to transition. Houston is an incredible athlete for a DT, remember Warren Sapp was a TE. Im a little upset about that but when i see Joseph, i see a baby eater, a monster, the boogey man.

Like Mayock said, he seems like a guy who will maximize his potential in the pro's, with coaching and effort he could be a disruptive force in both the run and the pass. Versus central florida, he use one arm to fend off a guard on a way to a killer sack.

Right now, im jizzing.

3. Chad Jones: What the hell? great value, but honestly? Jerry come on we need to somehow address some needs, if you trade down you can compensate for the value lost in drafting a player you may not want at our pick instead of taking some player thats just not going to see the field for awhile. He isn't really a typical FS, he's not fast, he's not very instinctive, he's...not a need.

after a bit... Alright fine, what are you doing jerry? is he a ST eventually to play linebacker? 5 safeties is definitely too many. Michael Johnson deserves to be on our roster, he just needs to gain weight, he's still a great special teamer and a good kid.

Right now, I guess its a good...possibly amazing pick. Chad Jones was definitely worthy of this pick and then some, he hasn't focused on football yet due to baseball he hasnt been able to fully develop his body. A 230 safety with his ability and his decent to good instincts is pretty good. He has good ball skills, special teamer for a year or two and then what? Its not like Antrel or Kenny are going anywhere, Grant and Johnson should be gone by then though i guess.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfootball View Post
I think we should go OL in the 4th tomorrow, how about Capers? The guy can play inside and outside, will be a force once he get stronger imo. Campbell would be badass too, I just think some team is gonna try to trade up for him and we don't have the ammo to do that right now unless we give away a 2011 pick.
Capers is a 5th/6th rounder the way this draft is going. I want Tony Washington in the 4th or possibly Ramon Harewood in the 5th.

btw i nearly cried when new england got spikes, i hate bill...sooo much.

1. Jason Pierre-Paul DE
2. Linval Joseph NT
3. Chad Jones S

what we should do...
4. Jamar Chaney MLB
5. Ramon Harewood RT
6. Dekoda Watson OLB
7. FB/RB

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is going to draft Tony Washington. If I am going to take a OL man I want it to be Campbell or Tennant.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell is crap. I hope you guys do get him. PLEASE GET HIM!

Tennant though is the fricken man. I want him for the Boys. He'll have a 13 year career in the NFL.

I don't really like Reese's draft this year. Absolutely LOVED it last year and was very open about it. But this year is a little odd. Not bad by any means, but I don't know what to make of it yet.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Its the all potential draft LOL. Its not that I particularly like Campbell its just with this potential movement we have been on in this draft I could see it happening so I have talked myself into being able to like it.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need tennant. like, it has to happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Ballin you're basing JPP off one bad game against WVU? That's his worst game of the year. Watch him later in the year against Miami. Or watch him against 'Cuse or FSU. He's a raw player. He is going to be inconsistent at this point in his career. The point of taking is to develop him into a premier pass rusher and take advantage of his freakish athleticism. Whether he does it or not remains to be seen but he was arguably a top 10 player going into the draft and was the BPA.

As far as Chad Jones..I don't see how any Giants fan can complain about this. Grant is a solid back up, Michael Johnson is a below average safety and solid depth at best. The point of taking Chad Jones is to address a major issue which has plagued us for years: safety depth. It killed us last year and has killed us before. Plus we have no idea if Kenny can come back and play at a high level. And in a 2-3 years Rolle's play may have fallen off and he could be cut simply enough.

The draft kind of played out funny this year for us. McClain/Spiller would have likely been our pick if they were available and they are both production guys. Instead they weren't and we went with a guy who can potentially help us reestablish an elite pass rush which won us a Super Bowl. Jospeh pick doesn't need to be explained obviously and Chad Jones addresses one of our biggest issues which has plagued us for years now.

I'll admit this isn't ideally how I wanted the draft to pan out but GF and Scotty both know from IRC that I wasn't really that opposed to us taking JPP before it happened. I wanted Spoon or Dan Williams, but JPP was solid selection.

Plus there are still plenty of players in this draft who can solidify other needs for us like OL and MLB.