Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-24-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Who do you think gets cut from our current roster after our additions have been made?

My initial guesses:

Dave Tollefson
Adam Koets
1 of our punters
Zak DeOssie
Rocky Bernard
Michael Johnson
Gerris Wilkinson
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Deossie probably stays for his snapping.

Koets I think is gone Petrus is going to take his spot.

Tollefson I think might stay and Bernard probably gone unless he has a good camp

Michael Johnson I think is the odd man out with Jones if KP is healthy as the Giants say he is. If KP isn't then Johnson will stay.

Wilk is going to compete for the MLB job he probably will get hurt and fail so he is probably gone.
Why would Wilkinson compete for MLB? His biggest weakness is physicality. His biggest asset is his coverage ability.

Agree otherwise.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Why would Wilkinson compete for MLB? His biggest weakness is physicality. His biggest asset is his coverage ability.

Agree otherwise.
Cause he played MLB in college and Jerry Reese said they are trying him out there.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so sintim AND gerris w. are both rumored to be competing for the MLB job, what the hell?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, was this Reese's worst draft yet?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so sintim AND gerris w. are both rumored to be competing for the MLB job, what the hell?
No Sintim is the Sam. Goff/Dillard/Gerris/Kehl/Chase are all competing for MLB and Boley is Will.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see the problem in that. I mentioned it before that Sintim could compete for the MLB job. I love it. I think he would fit perfectly at MLB. He is strong and athletic. The only question with him is coverage ability but I think at MLB he could more than adequately handle it.

I forgot who mentioned it a while ago (Jughead maybe?) but he mentioned that Sintim's best position might actually be MLB.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't see the problem in that. I mentioned it before that Sintim could compete for the MLB job. I love it. I think he would fit perfectly at MLB. He is strong and athletic. The only question with him is coverage ability but I think at MLB he could more than adequately handle it.

I forgot who mentioned it a while ago (Jughead maybe?) but he mentioned that Sintim's best position might actually be MLB.
so essentially, we're trying to create another Harry Carson. you know fine, what the hell, just try it.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Sintim is not a MLB.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Sintim is not a MLB.
Idk, he was very good at reading the run in virginia. I know id be a very large transition, but he is probably better fit there than OLB

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

btw, we signed 3 UFA's

Leon Wright CB Duke
Jim Cordle OL Ohio State
Ayanga Okpokowuruk DE Duke

... Please god, please let us get Tony Washington.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think MLB will be fine

Firstly we have the big anchor up front which will help keep the MLB clean and allow him free to make plays.

Secondly I think we will use alot more nickel packages featuring 3 safety sets (I also think we keep 5 safeties on the roster)

Lets not forget that Boley will likely call the plays and provide a lot of the leadership.

Wilkinson, Dillard or Goff should be fine at MLB. The strong competition will ensure that whoever wins the job will be able to get the job done.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
btw, we signed 3 UFA's

Leon Wright CB Duke
Jim Cordle OL Ohio State
Ayanga Okpokowuruk DE Duke

... Please god, please let us get Tony Washington.
We also signed WR Duke Calhoun, Memphis
Old 04-24-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
We also signed WR Duke Calhoun, Memphis
ah yep your right, i forgot.

Another thing, Feagles is predicted to retire within the next week :'(

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ah yep your right, i forgot.

Another thing, Feagles is predicted to retire within the next week :'(
I hope that if he does we bring him back as a punting instructor for the new guy.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I hope that if he does we bring him back as a punting instructor for the new guy.
i figure we let him rest, anything he wants to do is fine with me. One of the best giants imo, such a great character, such a machiene when we needed him (he did get worse but hes 44, get real its hard to be as good as he was), one of the best in placing the kick.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i figure we let him rest, anything he wants to do is fine with me. One of the best giants imo, such a great character, such a machiene when we needed him (he did get worse but hes 44, get real its hard to be as good as he was), one of the best in placing the kick.
He just doesn't have the leg strength he once did, otherwise he'd still be one of the very best punters in the league because of how scary precise he is at downing punts inside of the 20.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The one thing about this draft, maybe outside of JPP...no really flashy players. We had Ross, Phillips, Manningham, Nicks, Sintim, Smith, even Bradshaw in the past 3 years.

This year? JPP and that seems to be about it. Everyone else just isn't a flashy guy to me.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eli View Post
The one thing about this draft, maybe outside of JPP...no really flashy players. We had Ross, Phillips, Manningham, Nicks, Sintim, Smith, even Bradshaw in the past 3 years.

This year? JPP and that seems to be about it. Everyone else just isn't a flashy guy to me.
chad jones is kinda flashy, welcome back Go eli

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-25-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eli View Post

I dont agree with that, I think alot of the guys we picked could be good/flashy players. They aren't the names or hyped players, so we are going to have to be patient and see how they perform on the field.

It is in many ways like when we drafted guys like Umenyiora, Shiancoe, Diehl, Wilson, Barden, Jacobs and Boss - all unheralded players who did the job for the team
Old 04-25-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont agree with that, I think alot of the guys we picked could be good/flashy players. They aren't the names or hyped players, so we are going to have to be patient and see how they perform on the field.

It is in many ways like when we drafted guys like Umenyiora, Shiancoe, Diehl, Wilson, Barden, Jacobs and Boss - all unheralded players who did the job for the team
Shiancoe was flashy? Diehl was flashy? Whats your definition of flashy?

Wilson was what a 5th round pick? Barden was all flash, i agree. Jacobs wasn't really, he was a specimen but not a ridiculous athlete. Boss was not flash at all really, he was a tightend from a small school who we drafted late. Bradshaw was flashy only because it was clear we got a much higher value than we picked, his character concerns dropped him a good, idk, 3 rounds?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-25-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Shiancoe was flashy? Diehl was flashy? Whats your definition of flashy?
I think you misunderstood what he was saying Ballin. Flashy =/= unheralded.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well here are my thoughts on our draft...

1. Jason Pierre-Paul: I absolutely hated this pick when I heard, it honestly ruined my night. However, I have grown to live with it and actually think it may be an excellent pick in due time. I came to realize that if JPP can succeed anywhere it is with us learning behind Tuck, Kiwi and Umenyiora, while being brought along slowly by Coughlin. When thinking of it that way I think we could have Jevon Kearse 2.0 on our hands. JPP is dumb and raw, but it looks like he is willing to try hard to achieve success; the pick also makes Kiwi expendable. I now in fact like the pick.

2. Linval Joseph: Maybe my favorite pick by Reese. He is exactly what we need and he has boatloads of potential. A space eating NT who can develop into much much more. I really don't think Dan Williams has much on this guy, and I think Joseph will be an anchor to our line for a long time.

3. Chad Jones: This pick confused me. It was good value, but we could get depth later in the draft. Jones has a lot of potential but I need to see how Kenny Phillips is doing before I can evaluate this pick.

4. Philip Dillard: I like the pick, he definitely benefitted from Suh, but he can play either SAM or MIKE for us. I don't see the comparison to Pierce, neither one are excellent coverage backers but Pierce was atrocious Dillard is decent and he also offers more in blitzes, if Dillard has the heart and brain of Pierce we'll have a pro bowl linebacker.

5. Mitch Petrus: This seems like a project pick. He is weight-room strong but he needs to learn how to translate it on-field, if he can get coached up right I see no reason why he can't develop into a very good back-up or even starter.

6. Adrian Tracy: Don't know much about this guy but seems to be a DE/OLB tweener in the mold of Sintim. Might be a good indication of us not committing to a cover 2 scheme, probably a situational pass rusher or project SAM.

7. Matt Dodge: I love Dodge, maybe because of his name, but we needed a punter bad. As much as I love Jeff Feagles his time was up at 44. I pray Dodge can become a good punter in the league.

All in all, this draft brought in guys from each round who may not receive any playing time any time soon, but with some coaching and development can become starters for our team. Last year, most of our draft outside of the first 2 rounds was mostly depth picks, this year instead we are seeing a lot more boom or bust picks.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Joseph is more of a penetrator than you think man. He's a big dude and strong like bull, but he uses that to augment his burst and penetration.

Still not a fan of the Dillard pick since I was pretty sold on Chaney but then again Kehl excited me more than Goff when we picked them.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 AM    (permalink
elTraz
Rookie

elTraz is a cocksman.elTraz is a cocksman.elTraz is a cocksman.

the JPP pick was reactionary to McClain already going, essentially the next best option. Even though is wasnt the best case scenario more competition for DE is healthy. Although some more cruical secondary will be welcomed.
elTraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Joseph is more of a penetrator than you think man. He's a big dude and strong like bull, but he uses that to augment his burst and penetration.
I completely agree with you, thats why I like it so much, I wouldn't like the pick if he didn't have penetrating potential. Also, Linval is strooong as hell.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote