Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Larry Foote signed to a 1-year deal.

http://davebirkett.blogspot.com/

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...as_agreed.html

Anyone else wanna switch to a 3-4 now?

I DO!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he will do well in a 4-3, but your enthusiasm is noted :)
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid solid signing. Love it.

Probably have Levy take over next year.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It's kind of funny, in a very sad way, that after how many years of trying (and failing) to run a Tampa 2, we probably have better 3-4 personnel than Tampa 2 personnel as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Whitebull
Rookie

Whitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm very very happy about Foote signing.

He's a physical downhill linebacker who should really help the run defense up the middle. We've got Ernie and even Delmas to track down guys sideline to sideline, we really shouldn't be easy to run against anymore.

Besides that though, he was raised up as a 4th rounder in a great organization, has 2 rings and knows what it takes to win and be a good player, I think he can set a real good example and be a real effective leader in the locker room. And unlike some acquisitions we've had in the past, he's still young enough to be effective on the field giving him some credibility with the current players. From the outside looking in, I like what we have in the locker room right now. Just need more talent.
Whitebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
DETROIT BADBOY
Rookie

DETROIT BADBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like the signing as its only one year and he cant be worse than what we have but ..i think its ben over hyped im not sure he is as good as eveyone thinks he was surrounded by talent at michigan and in pittsburg... i dont he is the type to stand out on a bad team..and i think all the losing could make him turn negitive and give up ..he has always won never played on bad teams.. i dont think he will like it
DETROIT BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETROIT BADBOY View Post
i like the signing as its only one year and he cant be worse than what we have but ..i think its ben over hyped im not sure he is as good as eveyone thinks he was surrounded by talent at michigan and in pittsburg... i dont he is the type to stand out on a bad team..and i think all the losing could make him turn negitive and give up ..he has always won never played on bad teams.. i dont think he will like it
You sir, are incorrect.

You guys are getting a fantastic, reliable, and consistent player. He was my favorite player on the Steelers. He will improve your defense as soon as he steps on the field. And right now, I would say he is probably your best defender, granted, I'm not completely up on who the Lions have starting. Even when he starts loosing, he won't just quit, he isn't like that. He wanted to come play for the Lions. He knows what he is getting into. He doesn't expect to go 15-1 and into the playoffs. He just wants to play for his hometown team. You guys are lucky. Because that alone will make him give 110% all the time.

I will miss seeing #50 out on the field.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow we may actually win a game or two this year. The new GM and coaching staff better take it easy. They are acting as if they know what they are doing....
Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
DETROIT BADBOY
Rookie

DETROIT BADBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well thats good to hear coming from a pit fan...so i guess them getting rid of him is more of a refection on how good timmons is??
DETROIT BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETROIT BADBOY View Post
well thats good to hear coming from a pit fan...so i guess them getting rid of him is more of a refection on how good timmons is??
Yea, thats for sure why they got rid of him. And cap space. Foote held Timmons off (mainly) last year due to Timmons not completely knowing the playbook.

Timmons is the most explosive player on our team. He can cover the slot and RB. He sometimes plays the safety spot at 240 lbs. He is the future. He still needs to improve a good bit to be on Foote's level of run defense but obviously they see it as the rest of his upside is better than Foote. And I would agree. Remember, I said he was my favorite, not the best. haha

Foote is still ultra solid and you are getting a really really good player.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway I don't think the Lions are depending on him to be a Ray Lewis type of "stand out" player as badboy suggests... Schwartz's scheme in Tennessee didn't emphasize the MLB that way, as we've all remarked over the last few months.

Also I don't worry about him being a personality problem at all. If the Lions' locker room is still a terrible atmosphere as it's been in the past, and Schwartz can't fix it, everyone will be a problem. If, as has been said, it started to turn around under Marinelli and Schwartz can complete the transformation, then Foote will see that and fit right in. So either way, he's the least of our concerns personality-wise.

It goes without saying that Foote is a major upgrade from Cody Spencer and Chris Graham (and Lenon) and having a solid veteran is a better situation that throwing a rookie convert from OLB in there.

Probably he took the one-year deal because instead of haggling over the Lions' 2-year offer which was probably low, he agreed to take one year to show what he can offer and hope to re-sign later.

Last edited by Calvin & Kevin : 05-06-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Calvin & Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sims Peterson and now Foote, it is very interesting to see how these players will play along side one another and develop chemistry on the other side of the ball
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move. This guy will do the dirty work and can sort through trash and shed some blocks. Our LB core is so improved now with Peterson and Foote over Lenon and Nece LOL, its not even funny. Its more than respectable. And it seems like we still have a plan for Levy so that is good we have a plan.

7 new starters on D? Grady Jackson,Foote,Peterson,Buchanon,Henry,Delmas and Fluellen stepping in for Redding. Along with Sims,Bullocks,White/Avril and DeVries. And a new nickel in Eric King. Talk about turnover. If these guys are as bad as the Lions D last year then I won't know what to say, but 7 new starters gives me some hope. We really don't know what we have, definitley not top 10, but there can be optimism on top of new coaching.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ESPforMe
Rookie

ESPforMe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Love it. With all the moves so far I think the defense make actually be decent or at least not be all time bad.
ESPforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wearing #55, taking it from Zach Follett
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he also brings a winning attitude into a locker room full of guys who havent won in a while. I think he will be a great mentor to our younger guys on defense. If he can carry over the attitude it seems like the pitt defense has in terms of hard work and discipline it will be very good for us.

Also it gives us a very good LB core lets just hope our Dline keeps the oline off of them
Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
Wearing #55, taking it from Zach Follett
Who wears #50 for the Lions?? Strange after playing with Joey Porter he would take his number??

Old 05-06-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to see NE go after Foote, as did a most of the Pats fans on the board. He is exactly the type of ILB we need beside Mayo.

Timmons is a sick defender and made Larry expendable, but it should in no way be considered a reflection of Foote's abilities.

Dare I say the Lions look to be making huge strides towards a major turn around season? I'll continue to hold out hope for Lions fans. The only franchise I don't mind wallowing in the waters of shame is the Raiders, and even there it's only b/c of Al Davis. Though I guess I'd be ok with the Jets being a joke every year, too. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Who wears #50 for the Lions?? Strange after playing with Joey Porter he would take his number??
Aw...come on man.

That was a low blow.

His 2008 campaign was terrible but #50 is Ernie Sims.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the team website it says he will be 55.

This is a great signing, finally someone who didn't use to play for the Tampa Bay Bucs..
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry but I'm not overly exciterd to pick up a castoff from the Steelers. They don't release solid football players for nothing. They obviously feel it won't be that difficult to replace him.
Foote is an average football player who maybe can provide a little leadership on a young defense but nobody will ever mistake him for an impact player.
If improving from below average to average is a real upgrade so be it but it is hardly exciting. The 1 year contract obviously indicates the Lions aren't sure how well he will fit in their defensive scheme and it is quite possible he doesn't make it out of training camp if he cannot adjust to a 4-3 defense from a 3-4 defense.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...I wonder how well he can translate from 3-4 to 4-3. Also Jim's defense doesn't depend on the MLb that heavily, more on the 4 man rush and the Olbs.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not terribly excited over it, but I think it's a good move. He's better than anyone we could've put on the field this year at the MLB spot.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Wow I'm thrilled with Mayhew so far, but maybe it's because I'm just used to the Millen era.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote